• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Latest Update

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Eek, not as bad as me..

I took out a Honda E on Saturday!!

I have to admit - I actually really liked it but the missus didn't.
We really need an 'economical' hatchback as our current 3 cars do 11.5, 14 and 15 MPG!!
The Lotus will feel like a cheap to run car. :oops:
I LOVE ❤️ the Honda E
Money no object I'd have one alongside the Emira as a commuter 100%

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
Would be hilarious if Lexus reports "increased" LC sales - all suspiciously coming from some "Lotus Emira" forum.

But SHHHHHH, no one currently buys the LC, so let's keep it on the DL.

Let everyone keep buying more and more and more 911's so that pushes LC rarity.
Lol for real you don't really see many on the road. I have always liked the LC. But ive never seen it with the Bespoke option and orange/black interior. I think that sets it over the edge. Takes it from a pretty car to sexy as hell.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Would be hilarious if Lexus reports "increased" LC sales - all suspiciously coming from some "Lotus Emira" forum.

But SHHHHHH, no one currently buys the LC, so let's keep it on the DL.

Let everyone keep buying more and more and more 911's so that pushes LC rarity.
Lexus LC is probably the only other car I'd consider at this time - it is a stunner (Emira more so - C8 much less so). I already drive an F-Type so haven't been rowing my own for a while anyways. New Z would be a fun driver but doesn't have the gravitas of the Emira or the LC. Wish I bought an LC a year ago when I put my Emira deposit down...

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah the LC was oddly on my radar since in came out in 2018, but since then I stubbornly stuck to ONLY wanting to buy 6MT cars.

Every now and then I read and article or catch a YT video about it and I always found myself leaning towards it.

It's just a really well-designed car inside and out, with top notch quality to boot. That said, if it had ANY other engine than the wonderful NA 5.0L V8, I'd lose interest.

A lot of folks I know that have the BMW Supra agrees with me that the LC is what the Supra should have been to begin with.

With the Emira facing constant and repeated delays and inconsistencies, and seemingly drowning in its own nonsensical internal politics, I decided to just pull the plug and go for the LC.
I remember looking at them when they came our and for some reason totally forgot they exist!

Love that interior

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah the LC was oddly on my radar since in came out in 2018, but since then I stubbornly stuck to ONLY wanting to buy 6MT cars.

Every now and then I read an article or catch a YT video about it, and I always found myself gravitating toward it.

It's just a really well-designed car inside and out, with top notch quality to boot. That said, if it had ANY other engine than the wonderful NA 5.0L V8, I'd lose interest.

A lot of folks I know that have the BMW Supra agrees with me that the LC is what the Supra should have been to begin with.

With the Emira facing constant and repeated delays and inconsistencies, and seemingly drowning in its own nonsensical internal politics, I decided to just pull the plug and go for the LC.
Truth be told I could also be tempted by an 807HP Challenger Hellcat Redeye to play with until my Emira is ready. It would be like having a tawdry secret affair with a raucous tart before your wedding day a year out with a ballerina.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Looked the LC up based on the posts here.

Ugh! I do not like the looks and and heavy!!! Looks are in the eye of the beholder but a very different type of car surely. My faith is wavering but more to the 570s.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Looked the LC up based on the posts here.

Ugh! I do not like the looks and and heavy!!! Looks are in the eye of the beholder but a very different type of car surely. My faith is wavering but more to the 570s.
Certainly if you're UK the 570 is looking tempting, my current train of thought is 4-6mths in the emira then a 570, spider would be awesome but a stretch

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Dodge is ALSO not doing ICE anymore for the next Charger/Challenger, so it would be good to pick one up now! Those things are insane.
Hellcats are actually quite good cars. Most people are surprised by them after they spend some time in one. It would take a lot to part with ours. Especially now that they're going EV 🙄
43F841B0-81A3-431C-A575-AB87668DDCA7.jpeg