• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Latest Update

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lol damn. I was expecting to wait until April ‘24 but now maybe I should get ready for a longer wait than that.
2 more model years....a lot of cool stuff could come out between now and then and I'm beginning to be afraid the Emira isn't going to look as fetching as it does right now....

deadcruiser

Reaction score
2 more model years....a lot of cool stuff could come out between now and then and I'm beginning to be afraid the Emira isn't going to look as fetching as it does right now....
I mean what else like that will come out in between then and now?

I’m pretty much limited to a new GT4 RS which is out of my price range and also impossible for me to get firsthand, and the C8 Z06 which aesthetically isn’t my thing.

And against those I would probably be content just going to a new Supra tbh.

I hope later deliveries do just get bumped up to newer model years with new features/fixes though.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I mean what else like that will come out in between then and now?

I’m pretty much limited to a new GT4 RS which is out of my price range and also impossible for me to get firsthand, and the C8 Z06 which aesthetically isn’t my thing.

And against those I would probably be content just going to a new Supra tbh.

I hope later deliveries do just get bumped up to newer model years with new features/fixes though.
Yep we share the same thought process in cars! I could shoot the designer at GM who destroyed the back of the Corvette!! As bad as the porpoise trunk on the BMW's awhile back. Plus it doesn't have a stick so the Vette, sadly is off my list. And I was looking seriously at the Cayman GTS (I hear Porsche won't let newbies buy a GT4) but they are a dime a dozen here in so. Calif. So yeah there isn't anything else new currently available. But look what a nice surprise the Emira was. We could get something like that in the next year or two.....dunno from who but just sayin'...:)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I have not received a single proactive communication about my order from Lotus or from my dealer since 2021, outside of the order lock-in in April. But nothing else except that single transactional interaction, and no updates since.
well look on the bright side, at least no one is lying to you...
Ive received a few, and yet I am still no wiser as to when I will get the damn thing..... 🚙😭

daniel heald

Reaction score
I saw Porsche have their issues too. The EV Macan has been delayed to 2024 and no mention was made for the EV Boxster/cayman.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I saw Porsche have their issues too. The EV Macan has been delayed to 2024 and no mention was made for the EV Boxster/cayman.
718 EV is targeted for 2025 according to a UK dealer I spoke to... so as has been said, its unlikely any of the big boys will bring something pretty out in this price range before then. Jaguar have trademarked the J type... so may have an electric sports 2 seater coming although its the opposite of that path they are currently on, but I think they will do it as they already had one virtually made previously... but again, before 2024 I doubt it.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
THe looks will stay. It will always be stunning. I assume you mean the overall value is less appealing?

I went to AFN Porsche in Guildford today. Cayman? Bloody ugly. 911... yeah, that is fine.
GTS though.. 140k.

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
718 EV is targeted for 2025 according to a UK dealer I spoke to... so as has been said, its unlikely any of the big boys will bring something pretty out in this price range before then. Jaguar have trademarked the J type... so may have an electric sports 2 seater coming although its the opposite of that path they are currently on, but I think they will do it as they already had one virtually made previously... but again, before 2024 I doubt it.
I have a friend at Audi, he told me that research and design wise ICE is yesterdays news there. Like you say, no car company is going to putting much effort in to exciting new last hurrah models from now on.

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
THe looks will stay. It will always be stunning. I assume you mean the overall value is less appealing?

I went to AFN Porsche in Guildford today. Cayman? Bloody ugly. 911... yeah, that is fine.
GTS though.. 140k.
You are right, she is a stunner and a timeless one at that. It’s a shame we have all had to wait longer than we thought, which is something I don’t blame Lotus for.
The Emira seems to become more appealing each time I see it, so the overall value for me is increasing

kenniGT

Reaction score

GTS though.. 140k.
Biggest problem with 911 and 718 is gear ratio and flat 6 engine where max power is at top end only. First 3 gears are too long means no revving to the max on normal road. My bike aprilia tuono v4 has the same gearing as porsche but power is from lower rpm - v engine configuration advantage. Good thing is there are companies who can change 911/718 gearbox ratio (by changing some parts inside) and it can be more fun on the road. For the track, yes 3rd from 100mph is ok.

I looked at corvette c8 and ratio there is much better for the road. Mid engine v8 and price similar to 718 gts.

Last edited:

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

GTS though.. 140k.
I agree about the looks. I think this will age well.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I give up on trying to get a new 6MT sports car. New M2 is a joke, Emira I'm not willing to wait an additional 2 years for, everyone has Porsche's so they're too common (plus the insane dealer markups + snooty attitude towards allocation), C8 Z06 is butt ugly to me................just over it entirely.

I'm currently speccing and ordering a 2023 Lexus LC500.

Hidden gem of a grand tourer.

Has an NA 5.0L V8 (imo the best sounding one currently out there), but because it is a total sales flop, there's zero markups + not that many out there.

Probably only 2-3 years left of production, and I doubt Toyota will do another performance coupe with a V8.

Built by the same team and in the same factory the LFA was.

Just going to get it and enjoy it.
That's a good shout.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I give up on trying to get a new 6MT sports car. New M2 is a joke, Emira I'm not willing to wait an additional 2 years for, everyone has Porsche's so they're too common (plus the insane dealer markups + snooty attitude towards allocation), C8 Z06 is butt ugly to me................just over it entirely.

I'm currently speccing and ordering a 2023 Lexus LC500.

Hidden gem of a grand tourer.

Has an NA 5.0L V8 (imo the best sounding one currently out there), but because it is a total sales flop, there's zero markups + not that many out there.

Probably only 2-3 years left of production, and I doubt Toyota will do another performance coupe with a V8.

Built by the same team and in the same factory the LFA was.

Just going to get it and enjoy it.
Nearly ordered one myself a few months ago. Dealer wanted to locate me a car instead of order it though. LC500 is still on my list. Amazing cars, really. I agree with everything you say.
What color did you go with?

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ultra White; going with that gorgeous orange/black Alcantara Bespoke Option interior and the optional 21" gunmetal wheels (they call it Black for some reason, but it's actually that nice gunmetal finish I like).
Oh I saw that interior! Yours will be extra special! I was torn between infrared and caviar. I'm really excited for you and I hope you post your thoughts once you get it! Congrats!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm so fed up. Think about what we're all trying to fundamentally accomplish.

We're just trying to BUY A CAR. This isn't ROCKET SCIENCE.

We're taking something so otherwise simple and it's become this overly-complex giant waste of time, money, and effort.

Imagine going to the grocery store and just trying to buy a box of strawberries and being told a billion excuses.

I walked into a Lexus dealer yesterday and they're like "from order to delivery takes 3-5 months. You okay with that?"

THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO HEAR. :ROFLMAO:
I'm doing something I never thought I'd do and considering an automatic today also. That's how bad its got 🤣

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ultra White; going with that gorgeous orange/black Alcantara Bespoke Option interior and the optional 21" gunmetal wheels (they call it Black for some reason, but it's actually that nice gunmetal finish I like).
Damn that will look
soooo good 👍

Last edited:

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
Damn why did you post this? Now you got me building one lol. I love it man, congrats. Still likely waiting on the Emira, as its been 2 years, but if they hit me with another delay I am about to join you with a Lexus lol.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm doing something I never thought I'd do and considering an automatic today also. That's how bad its got 🤣
Eek, not as bad as me..

I took out a Honda E on Saturday!!

I have to admit - I actually really liked it but the missus didn't.
We really need an 'economical' hatchback as our current 3 cars do 11.5, 14 and 15 MPG!!
The Lotus will feel like a cheap to run car. :oops: