• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Latest Update

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Schmee had a video recently (it's somewhere on the forum) where he explains that he's pushed his car back in the queu due to collection issues, he claims. And/or the inability to drive it if it arrives "soon."
He's over in America doing a big road trip, would imagine it would be a similar video like harry has just done.

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Wonder why they are only updating UK peeps and not America or global update . Haven't heard anyone got any email or anything from them that's outside UK .

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Wonder why they are only updating UK peeps and not America or global update . Haven't heard anyone got any email or anything from them that's outside UK .
Just the way the dealer network is set up by territory.
They are trying a D2C business model in the UK but failing do we get so weird hybrid model out of necessity and no comms from Lotus or the Dealer.
Apart from these splendid one in a lifetime emails of course...

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My wife has just said it was a year ago yesterday that we went to see the Emira at JCT , she then went on to ask where is the blooming thing 😂

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
So Lotus are using Harry as their outlet for doing spin doctoring. And what about Shmee who 5x as many subs, his Emira was supposed to have been just built and documented. I wonder if his video will follow... soon!

Schmee probably cancelled his order.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Instead of a Lotus update email, today I got an invite to a VIP Porsche event and I’m not even a Porsche customer.

Is someone trying to tell me something? 🤣
Porsche must be looking for buyers as they have an over supply 😂

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My guess from the last e-mail... US orders most likely won't be delayed at least for the 700 F/E and from the wording of the UK e-mail looks like some customers will be stepped over for ROW orders. Base US orders most likely delayed, hence why we won't see an updated configurator this year.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
F this. I'm buying a Porsche.

Serious question: Why did Belgium, of all places get the first deliveres? And then Italy and Germany even before the UK? I'm so confused and frustrated. North American buyers are never getting their Emira.

So far, my delivery date has only slipped 3 months. That strikes me as reasonable, I guess we’ll see if this latest round brings more changes.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have not received a single proactive communication about my order from Lotus or from my dealer since 2021, outside of the order lock-in in April. But nothing else except that single transactional interaction, and no updates since.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So I'm officially out; getting my refund (in full) issued next Monday.

I just can't do this wait game anymore, and I like to think I was pretty patient about it.

My dealer was good about it - even he said "yeah, you're looking at 2024, so totally understand".

Just wasn't meant to be. Wish you guys luck!

This is a great forum so I'll still stick around! :)
2024? We’re you FE?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I just can't do this wait game anymore, and I like to think I was pretty patient about it.

My dealer was good about it - even he said "yeah, you're looking at 2024, so totally understand".

I guess we need to create a new category of membership: “Used to have a deposit” :(

Sorry to hear you’ve pulled the plug, but not surprised. Thanks for your contributions so far and pleased that you’re sticking around.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Sad to hear. We should have an exit poll or thread just so we could compare how many submitted a deposit and how many ended up receiving a car.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks TomE! Yeah, this is a great community so I'd love to stay if you'll all have me! (Except I'm going to be the odd man out in an Emira forum that will have something else. :ROFLMAO:
…or you possibly won’t be the only one!

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

So what’ll you get instead? That’s my issue, totally p!ssed off with Lotus, but genuinely can’t find something else I want as much for the money

deadcruiser

Reaction score
Thanks TomE! Yeah, this is a great community so I'd love to stay if you'll all have me! (Except I'm going to be the odd man out in an Emira forum that will have something else. :ROFLMAO:

Base V6 6MT. And that was me being moved UP the list because everyone else also dropped out from the dealer. My guy told me they all ended up buying Porsche's and Aston's instead. Initially I thought I could get delivery in 2023, but I was just told that's unlikely. So yeah, not waiting until 2024.
How long were you waiting until this point?

I was expecting an April/May 2024 delivery for a deposit put this month but I can see myself breaking and just getting an Evora by the time Sept. ‘23 rolls around.