• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Harry’s Garage 31st October

492CC958-2D10-4480-9505-F23F199BC08A.png

Harry Metcalfe has a new video on his YouTube channel tonight.
Shows him picking his spec, an interview with Russell Car and a few passenger laps.

Online from 17:00

Last edited by a moderator:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was funny to see Dan’s reaction when Harry asked about running Cup2s on the road in the UK :)

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
"Is this the normal exhaust?"
"Yes, its the standard exhaust

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree the colour choices seem strange: Nimbus Grey (silver) with silver wheels and silver calipers. Then grey stitch on the alcantara interior.
Not me. I think it's a great spec and the car will look fantastic. That's the thing about colour choice . . . there's really no such thing as a "strange colour choice". It's 100% down to personal preference or taste, and that's a product of your childhood, friends, something your read in a magazine, and a million other factors.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wonder if Harry will get a small surprise when he drives the Sports suspension on British roads? It's one thing to say it feels fantastic on a brand new, smooth as glass, Hethel track . . . but these days UK back roads are like the Somme after a busy morning for the artillery boys.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really enjoyed the vid, especially hearing the standard exhaust sounding so good. For all the hand wringing there has been about the weight, it is pretty clear the Emira is still going to be great on track.

It did seem strange Harry was judging the ride quality from a smooth track though, but if the sports set up is like the Evora 410 I'm hoping it will be fine on the road, even on Cup 2s.

Honeywell

Reaction score
The Magma Red in that screengrab looks good. I thing Green is too dark, Silver is too boring for a third car found day toy, yellow isn't metallic - so maybe red is the actual smart choice.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It did seem strange Harry was judging the ride quality from a smooth track though, but if the sports set up is like the Evora 410 I'm hoping it will be fine on the road, even on Cup 2s.
I know he said he plans to use it but Harry does have a rather nice selection of interesting and daily cars to choose from, perhaps that made his final decision just a little easier (if ours harder!) I bet I'm not the only one who noticed the omission of steering wheel choice, he's going to want Alcantara surely.

I call for a follow up video with Lotus Dan on local roads, let Harry drive for a bit. How interesting would that be. Go on Lotus :)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if Harry will get a small surprise when he drives the Sports suspension on British roads? It's one thing to say it feels fantastic on a brand new, smooth as glass, Hethel track . . . but these days UK back roads are like the Somme after a busy morning for the artillery boys.
I am used to Aston DB9 (100k Kms now) and drove last year for 600 kms over a weekend in north Spain winding roads and highway (50/50), all kinds of surface an Evora 410 Sport (´19 model). Was a little bit more stiff than my Aston, but comfortable enough even for long trips. Guess the tyre choice will be more important. I am sticking with the Cup2 form factory, maybe burn it over a weekend and change for Eagle after. Ultimately, it comes down to driving preference and our back situation.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I knew a few people would spot that so I screen grabbed it!

View attachment 1062

Edit: I think that's (from back to front) camo, Verdant Green, Seneca Blue, Nimbus Grey, Magma Red
I've just heard via someone at the factory: the red Emira at the front of the line isn't Magma Red. It's a validation car painted in a basic solid red. So don't draw any conclusions from it.

Cars painted in all 6 FE colours are due to be photographed and the pictures published on the Lotus website - before final decisions have to be committed to build and the third deposit paid.

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've just heard via someone at the factory: the red Emira at the front of the line isn't Magma Red. It's a validation car painted in a basic solid red. So don't draw any conclusions from it.

Cars painted in all 6 FE colours are due to be photographed and the pictures published on the Lotus website - before final decisions have to be committed to build and the third deposit paid.
Sad.

it was too good looking to be true.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Loved the video, lots of interesting stuff! The part about the suspension though has me changing my mind from touring to sport. I've driven an Elise on touring suspension, and an Evora GTE (unsure of the suspension for sure, but the owner seemed to think Sports would be closest) on my local roads, and the Evora was fine, could even maybe go a little firmer, and the Elise rode brilliantly over the bumps, but things like cats eyes were a little jarring. My concern is the softer springs on a heavier car might be too soft? My most recent cars are GT86, GR Supra and GR Yaris and feel in something like an Emira I could definitely go firmer than those, and would be disappointed if it was softer!

DenzilP

Reaction score
I knew a few people would spot that so I screen grabbed it!

View attachment 1062

Edit: I think that's (from back to front) camo, Verdant Green, Seneca Blue, Nimbus Grey, Magma Red

Edit #2 1st Nov 2021: I've just heard via someone at the factory: the red Emira at the front of the line isn't Magma Red. It's a validation car painted in a basic solid red. So don't draw any conclusions from it.
How come there is no one working in the factory when Harry was making the Video, maybe it was the weekend ?