Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it's more than just waiting for customer handoff's.

I noticed not 1 social media post about Log41 Emira from either Lotus Cars USA or HQ, you would think the managing director and team arriving in the US with the first production Emira would have been publicized. (how many great pics with all the classic Lotus cars there) Same with the first Euro deliveries leaving the factory. Could be with the passing of HM Queen for LOG41 out of respect, I can understand that. However euro deliveries were way before that.

My honest opinion is they are fully aware of the optics of not serving the UK depositors first. I mean it's completely logical for the home country, the people who support Lotus the most, should be rewarded first. Business sense is to pump out the cars they can to get the money rolling, so I can understand the Euro deliveries if LHD are missing parts. Optically they want to show the UK as first deliveries, perhaps the first factory delivery with some occasion for it. My 2 cents.
Here's the only evidence I've found so far of the Emira attending LOG41 (and this photo wasn't posted by Lotus):

306710574_840326334044912_480403481706013180_n.jpeg

Source: Instagram

John 1963

Reaction score
It's strange how Lotus aren't doing any publicity around the first few customer deliveries in Belgium.

Also strange that at least two of those first customers haven't been to see/collect their cars (I think both away travelling) and one car is waiting for a fix to an issue found during PDI.

Something that should be being celebrated all feels very flat. Maybe Lotus is holding back until they can get photos of a handover and feedback from customer #1 (apart from the initial reaction of "oh, my car has arrived, I wasn't expecting it yet").
I have a business associate in Belgium who like me has a passion for the shiny metal and according to a car friend of his the emira has hit the ground so to speak but has had very little fan fare and without any undue drama ,perhaps it’s just us brits getting all worked up !

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Apparently , according to CS, the production schedule for October is firm and customers are beginning to be invited to checkout……ohhhhaaaa! So expect a call in October for November delivery. Complementary snow chains will be included. The word soon , or statement, things are happening , did not surface in this conversation.

It does remind me that CS is only as good as the information they are given or have access to. They did confirm they now have access to the production schedule……cross your heart……yes we do, honest!

Last edited:

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The demos need to hurry up as I won’t be accepting mine without a demo ride first which was what Lotus promised- still no word and for the million time I need plenty notice to arrange travel etc see as no Lotus dealers in NE England. Sorry I’m even boring myself now - but thinking of kicking into touch for next year anyway with a change of colour possibly- I won’t be driving it in winter 🥶 anyway - my cars don’t see rain ☔️ lol

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That might mean the next step is genuinely "soon", with the usual meaning of "in a few days" :)
"Genuinely soon", thats a new one. I see you translated it to mean "in a few days". At least we are learning the timeframe of all these Lotusisms.
The demos need to hurry up as I won’t be accepting mine without a demo ride first which was what Lotus promised- still no word and for the million time I need plenty notice to arrange travel etc see as no Lotus dealers in NE England. Sorry I’m even boring myself now - but thinking of kicking into touch for next year anyway with a change of colour possibly- I won’t be driving it in winter 🥶 anyway - my cars don’t see rain ☔️ lol
Yes, my Emira is due in November, allegedly. I will drive it home from Silverstone and it will go straight into hibernation in the garage for the winter. So with all the delays we have lost out on this year's summer driving fun.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey my dealer called today 😊, I will get to drive a shadow gray sport suspension Michelin cup 2 with a manual next week 🎊! Hooray can’t wait!!!

I assume this is the same one that was at LOG... I really hope there isn't just this one shadow grey demo touring the country. I thought each dealer was getting 1 or 2 demo cars in various specs...?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hey my dealer called today 😊, I will get to drive a shadow gray sport suspension Michelin cup 2 with a manual next week 🎊! Hooray can’t wait!!!
Thats great news, please post your impressions of the car, It will be interesting to get your views on the car as it is the same spec as mine.

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think it's more than just waiting for customer handoff's.

I noticed not 1 social media post about Log41 Emira from either Lotus Cars USA or HQ, you would think the managing director and team arriving in the US with the first production Emira would have been publicized. (how many great pics with all the classic Lotus cars there) Same with the first Euro deliveries leaving the factory. Could be with the passing of HM Queen for LOG41 out of respect, I can understand that. However euro deliveries were way before that.

My honest opinion is they are fully aware of the optics of not serving the UK depositors first. I mean it's completely logical for the home country, the people who support Lotus the most, should be rewarded first. Business sense is to pump out the cars they can to get the money rolling, so I can understand the Euro deliveries if LHD are missing parts. Optically they want to show the UK as first deliveries, perhaps the first factory delivery with some occasion for it. My 2 cents.
If you consider LinkedIn to be social media, Matt Windle posted about Lotus' LOG participation, with the 'people-less' panoramic picture. Wasn't much of a post, but it was there.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume this is the same one that was at LOG... I really hope there isn't just this one shadow grey demo touring the country. I thought each dealer was getting 1 or 2 demo cars in various specs...?
It’s the LOG car. There are apparently other Emiras which were on a boat to the US and didn’t make it in time for LOG. These will be doing the dealerships tours for customer test drives.

The LOG car was air-freighted UK to US to ensure it got there on time.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have any others in The September 9 had the checkout email? I received my information email for enhance/protect 8 days ago now and no signs of the checkout email...

I guess it will be coming "soon" :rolleyes:

OUI131

Reaction score
Have any others in The September 9 had the checkout email? I received my information email for enhance/protect 8 days ago now and no signs of the checkout email...

I guess it will be coming "soon" :rolleyes:
No and I got the protect email on the 7th sept

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Add that to China locking down entire cities for months whenever someone sneezes or burps.

And seemingly everyone else going on strike for whatever reason - pilots, your local Starbucks Barista, your Mom's second cousin who works at Target, my friends Border Collie because I refuse to give her salty snacks because she has a bad kidney and I don't want her to get sick...............

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts