Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
CS update today , all is still on track with previously advised dates. ( Oct build, Nov delivery for me) Demo cars to arrive by end Sept. Email asking for preferences coming 'soon'.
interesting as I think someone mentioned yesterday a UK dealer had confirmed they would not get demos until October, or did I dream this?
Monday is September 19th, last full week of the month and I dont think any dealer has received a date for cars.... which is leading ..... well we can all make our own conclusions, Lotus wont give much notice, a few days, or they are now looking at Oct delivery......

@Bilbao-Emira I have it on half good authority that your local dealer will be getting their demo at the start of October also...... The October schedule is not in the hands of many yet... but I hope this could be true.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the sequence is that you receive the "New Vehicle Protection" email. With that email its just for info - you don't need to do anything and you don't need to reply to it, just read it...

Then you have to wait for the next email - which is the "Checkout" one. I think the gap between the emails is around 2 weeks based on a sample size of 1 - rs200evo - the only person we know that has received the checkout email.

The checkout email then gets you to lock in any finishing treatments, delivery location and finance options etc. Not sure about number plate, but imagine that's also covered here. It's also at this point that you legally confirm the order...

But what happens next? Lets wait and see.. maybe a 30 day wait... maybe less? Whatever happens, I'm sure it will happen soon.
That's pretty much in line with what I'd heard and worked out. I think you can reply to the Protection email but it doesn't make the Checkout email come any quicker. I also thought Checkout email came during the week after the Protection one, but most in the September Nine haven't had Checkout yet, after 7-10 days.

Registration number is covered as part of Checkout. The only things left after Checkout are for Lotus to confirm the delivery date and for the customer to pay the final balance. I think you get 7-10 days notice of that. I believe the Checkout email is at the point of 30 days before expected delivery date.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Posts about the checkout process also copied to this thread, if that discussion can continue over there:

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I figured it out guys - the reason none of us are getting delivery is that we're all on this forum, and Lotus' secret screening process is discreetly asking depositors "Are you on any Lotus forums?"

If "NO" - Congrats you get your delivery in 6 weeks.
If "YES" - We apologize for ANY inconvenience, but you will hear from us "soon".

I'm so annoyed. That's when *I* made my deposit. WTF?!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
well dont tell everyone.....!
not sure which colour or spec is arriving 1st, but 99% it will be manual....... so you will have to take some vitamins.. haha
Lol, I practiced yesterday with a Esprit Turbo '91 model, The clutch is so stiff!
I guess Emira will be a piece of cake compared to that. Picture below:

As for the demo, either the red with BP, black rims and red calipers or the Shadow Grey. I forgot which one they changed for manual. Originally were both Auto

tempImagetB6v1L.png

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Lol, I practiced yesterday with a Esprit Turbo '91 model, The clutch is so stiff!
I guess Emira will be a piece of cake compared to that. Picture below:

As for the demo, either the red with BP, black rims and red calipers or the Shadow Grey. I forgot which one they changed for manual. Originally were both Auto

View attachment 8915
the emira does have a stiff clutch... they say. To be honest< I think its okay, but I am used to a pretty stiff clutch anyway, so not the best judge.
I hope it's the red...... grey does little for me..... I dont want a car like the Emira in a colour I could realistically wear to the state funeral on Monday (if I were going... Im not)

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just watched the latest video by Shmee 150. As you may know, he has ordered an Emira. He said he would be getting it, you guessed it, "very soon". Good luck with that mate. Obviously has no idea what that means in Lotus speak 🙄