Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
the emira does have a stiff clutch... they say. To be honest< I think its okay, but I am used to a pretty stiff clutch anyway, so not the best judge.
I hope it's the red...... grey does little for me..... I dont want a car like the Emira in a colour I could realistically wear to the state funeral on Monday (if I were going... Im not)
ohh...just heard not first week, second week/ mid October for dealer demo cars now in Spain.
Also been informed first Spanish deliveries 2 - 3 months after this point, when things are up to the speeds they expected earlier in the year.
So, I expect few if any cars in Spain delivered by the end of the year..... at which point then it virtually becomes logical instead to take it around March time, but thats easier said than done.
I really get the impression even RHD cars wont be ramped up until the very end of the year ...and even thats IF things go according to plan, so even the current delays and estimates for everyone are going to get worse IMO, reading between the lines.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
ohh...just heard not first week, second week/ mid October for dealer demo cars now in Spain.
Also been informed first Spanish deliveries 2 - 3 months after this point, when things are up to the speeds they expected earlier in the year.
So, I expect few if any cars in Spain delivered by the end of the year..... at which point then it virtually becomes logical instead to take it around March time, but thats easier said than done.
I really get the impression even RHD cars wont be ramped up until the very end of the year ...and even thats IF things go according to plan, so even the current delays and estimates for everyone are going to get worse IMO, reading between the lines.
I am sure Tom said in a previous post that quoted UK delivery dates still stand.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Love the "Finally I can take home my Emira", from the guy who ordered ~6 months later than others who haven't even had a sniff of a delivery date yet.

Talk about rubbing it in. :ROFLMAO:
In response to people querying how he got his car so early with a later deposit, he’s replied “sorry not sorry”. Classy!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Love the "Finally I can take home my Emira", from the guy who ordered ~6 months later than others who haven't even had a sniff of a delivery date yet.

Talk about rubbing it in. :ROFLMAO:
Yearh it’s like ok if Europe got first deliveries before UK, if deposits were before or around early July but NOVEMBER deposit that is just taking the P*** 🤬 Lotus

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am sure Tom said in a previous post that quoted UK delivery dates still stand.
Not changed yet, for the first 3 months of deliveries, but honestly do you believe anything we’ve been told?

I’ve heard the Oct production schedule has been finalised but no word yet on whether that includes everyone previously told they are Oct build. I suspect they aren’t going to tell people they are in or out until Oct cars are in build.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This may explain Lotus’s lack of publicity around the first customer delivery.
I suspect the lack of publicity is because no one from Lotus was at the first handover.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
we should know by now........ what we are told by LOTUS and what becomes reality...... are often interchangeable ...
I only have direct EU info in this case, but the impression was clear.... if an impression can be clear ahah.
I like you and Tom am set for Oct build and Nov delivery and we are each early registered customers. I've been told those are the ones LOTUS are trying to fulfil first in RHD and LHD. So while we may indeed get there, I have a feeling some of the other 100 or so expecting the same Oct build may struggle... but again, nothing is concrete yet, either way.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lol, I practiced yesterday with a Esprit Turbo '91 model, The clutch is so stiff!
I guess Emira will be a piece of cake compared to that. Picture below:

As for the demo, either the red with BP, black rims and red calipers or the Shadow Grey. I forgot which one they changed for manual. Originally were both Auto

View attachment 8915
Weirdly on the few review vids of the Emira, they all said the clutch was also a bit stiff..........I wonder if that's just a Lotus thing?

All I know is, I had a 1995 E34 540i "HE53" 6MT years ago, and my current M2 Competition 6MT clutch feels pretty much.........the same as that car did. Perhaps manufacturers just stick to more or less the same MT units; albeit it in updated formats.

Last edited:

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not changed yet, for the first 3 months of deliveries, but honestly do you believe anything we’ve been told?

I’ve heard the Oct production schedule has been finalised but no word yet on whether that includes everyone previously told they are Oct build. I suspect they aren’t going to tell people they are in or out until Oct cars are in build.
So, as i put my first deposit down in October 2019, i make that 25 months before this guy did. As did many others on this forum put deposits down well before this guy. So what was it, names out of a hat or he is a close friend or relative of someone at Lotus?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I hope, like many on here who have been told October build November delivery that this is how it will be. But as you say Tom, and i suspect many forum members, are finding it very difficult to believe what we are told by Lotus.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There’s a car allocation and deposit order for each country/region. It’s therefore not realistic to compare a depositor in the UK to a depositor in Belgium or other countries.

Some regions still have FE allocations to sell whereas others have been sold out for quite a while (like the UK and North America).

It could be that there weren’t many Belgian deposits for the Emira, so a Nov 2021 deposit was very very early in the Belgian deposit queue. Add to that supply chain issues, the reality is that the build order may not be directly the same as the deposit order in each region too.

I suspect that Lotus will try to allocate build slots for cars from the top of each region queue into their global build queue as best they can and as supply chain and other factors (like certifications) permit.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, as i put my first deposit down in October 2019, i make that 25 months before this guy did. As did many others on this forum put deposits down well before this guy. So what was it, names out of a hat or he is a close friend or relative of someone at Lotus?
As with most things Lotus, it’s more likely to be cock up than conspiracy.

The customer, the dealer and Lotus have no explanation about why this person is first. He’s ahead of other deposits in Belgium and other deposits with that dealer.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I suspect the lack of publicity is because no one from Lotus was at the first handover.
Perhaps nobody turned up for the hand over because maybe they feel guilty about this guy getting his car before earlier deposit holders. I know i wouldn't like to get my car before someone with an earlier deposit date. It would seem unfair to me.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There’s a car allocation and deposit order for each country/region. It’s therefore not realistic to compare a depositor in the UK to a depositor in Belgium or other countries.

Some regions still have FE allocations to sell whereas others have been sold out for quite a while (like the UK and North America).

It could be that there weren’t many Belgian deposits for the Emira, so a Nov 2021 deposit was very very early in the Belgian deposit queue. Add to that supply chain issues, the reality is that the build order may not be directly the same as the deposit order in each region too.

I suspect that Lotus will try to allocate build slots for cars from the top of each region queue into their global build queue as best they can and as supply chain and other factors (like certifications) permit.
He’s ahead of other people with earlier deposits at that dealer. It’s a complete lottery.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Perhaps nobody turned up for the hand over because maybe they feel guilty about this guy getting his car before earlier deposit holders. I know i wouldn't like to get my car before someone with an earlier deposit date. It would seem unfair to me.
Or perhaps the disconnect between Production and PR at Lotus.

Or Lotus didnt know which car was going to be handed over first.

Or Lotus thought they’d do the big PR splash for the first car being handed over at Hethel.

Or they’ll do some photos of Nikolas in a few weeks -like when they open a new bridge but don’t do the official ribbon cutting until the mayor can be available to hold the scissors.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
He’s ahead of other people with earlier deposits at that dealer. It’s a complete lottery.
As I said, build order for each region may be affected by supply chain and not be the same as deposit order.

If we’re going to explore hypotheticals then the Belgian dealer may have cocked up submission of order requests to Lotus too.

I don’t think that it’s fair to assume Lotus is the root of all evil here when we don’t have all the facts. Let’s see what happens in other regions as LHD customer cars are popping up all over Europe now and many more customer deliveries are imminent.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As with most things Lotus, it’s more likely to be cock up than conspiracy.

The customer, the dealer and Lotus have no explanation about why this person is first. He’s ahead of other deposits in Belgium and other deposits with that dealer.
Yes but not ahead of deposits with other dealers in the UK, or, i suspect, deposits with dealers around the word.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In my opinion - the DEALER picked this lucky customer to be first NOT Lotus. Either he jumped in line by having a profitable trade, related to the owner, large amount of extras, best customer… pick a reason. Lotus just made the car they asked for first.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts