Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
yes call them, the sooner the better..... ;)
It's a waste of time speaking to CS IMO about such things....
I spoke to the EU person today and the feeling within Lotus is that, which we know, their suppliers tell them something.... which they then bank on, and inform us, but the suppliers own suppliers then let them down and Lotus are then letting us down.
I did answer that with how any email would simply be based on what they have been told with many caveats, but they are not going to change now.... they prefer to say nothing and thats why we virtually know nothing.
However, they clearly know EU cars are being delivered, albeit in very small quantiles, but you would think they would be celebrating that fact!! Even us hard done by UK customers would probably not be so miserable as to not see it as good news.... and it could add to the excitement... for everyone... first actual customer cars on the road!!! marketing!!!... but no....

But anyway, its like flagging down a bus thats already full.... its not going to stop.
It's strange how Lotus aren't doing any publicity around the first few customer deliveries in Belgium.

Also strange that at least two of those first customers haven't been to see/collect their cars (I think both away travelling) and one car is waiting for a fix to an issue found during PDI.

Something that should be being celebrated all feels very flat. Maybe Lotus is holding back until they can get photos of a handover and feedback from customer #1 (apart from the initial reaction of "oh, my car has arrived, I wasn't expecting it yet").

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It's strange how Lotus aren't doing any publicity around the first few customer deliveries in Belgium.

Also strange that at least two of those first customers haven't been to see/collect their cars (I think both away travelling) and one car is waiting for a fix to an issue found during PDI.

Something that should be being celebrated all feels very flat. Maybe Lotus is holding back until they can get photos of a handover and feedback from customer #1 (apart from the initial reaction of "oh, my car has arrived, I wasn't expecting it yet").
yes, maybe these "foreign" cars are a bit out of their control in terms of the hand over and they want to go all out for the 1st factory collection.....

however, having seen their onsite home made videos so far, I am not holding out much hope.....
Maybe they will give Harry and Jizzy their cars at the factory and use these guys and their abilities at marketing and publicity and obviously youtube views. It seems this would be the best option they have and I would be willing to wait another few days to get Harry into a car if it will help them out..... heaven knows they need it!
Surely they must be going to do something decent...after the rain soaked half thought out launch.....

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Hold on back up already we have a car with an issue that left the factory 🤦🏻‍♂️ Oh lord and only spotted at PDI… Man they have no clue and what a mega factory lol

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wonder if, when it eventually is time to pay for my Emira, I say to Lotus, I will pay you soon, and then pay in 3 years. That should work, as when I paid my first deposit 3 years ago, I was told I would get my car soon. So in this instance soon translates to 3 years.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh yes, I get that all the time. Sometimes I say ring Lotus to find out. Good luck with that one. I wish I had never told anyone I was having a new car. No one believes I am, it has been so long waiting.
I told literally everyone, every day, for an entire year, when I was getting my Evora.
Now I keep my mouth shut.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
yes, maybe these "foreign" cars are a bit out of their control in terms of the hand over and they want to go all out for the 1st factory collection.....

however, having seen their onsite home made videos so far, I am not holding out much hope.....
Maybe they will give Harry and Jizzy their cars at the factory and use these guys and their abilities at marketing and publicity and obviously youtube views. It seems this would be the best option they have and I would be willing to wait another few days to get Harry into a car if it will help them out..... heaven knows they need it!
Surely they must be going to do something decent...after the rain soaked half thought out launch.....
Perhaps the “first customer car built” in the June video was Harry’s? I think he was Nimbus? 💡

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hold on back up already we have a car with an issue that left the factory 🤦🏻‍♂️ Oh lord and only spotted at PDI… Man they have no clue and what a mega factory lol
I believe it’s a software issue affecting the aircon controls. The fix is probably installing a software patch or new version.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I think it's more than just waiting for customer handoff's.

I noticed not 1 social media post about Log41 Emira from either Lotus Cars USA or HQ, you would think the managing director and team arriving in the US with the first production Emira would have been publicized. (how many great pics with all the classic Lotus cars there) Same with the first Euro deliveries leaving the factory. Could be with the passing of HM Queen for LOG41 out of respect, I can understand that. However euro deliveries were way before that.

My honest opinion is they are fully aware of the optics of not serving the UK depositors first. I mean it's completely logical for the home country, the people who support Lotus the most, should be rewarded first. Business sense is to pump out the cars they can to get the money rolling, so I can understand the Euro deliveries if LHD are missing parts. Optically they want to show the UK as first deliveries, perhaps the first factory delivery with some occasion for it. My 2 cents.

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Spoke to customer services and was advised ‘things are happening’ or words to that affect. Email being sent out to confirm my details and assign private reg’ transfer 🤞🤞

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Spoke to customer services and was advised ‘things are happening’ or words to that affect. Email being sent out to confirm my details and assign private reg’ transfer 🤞🤞
So was “things are happening “ followed by “soon”? Reminds me of “deer tracks and Turkey feathers make mighty thin soup”

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You're in the September Nine. When did you get the Enhance/Protect email? The Checkout email should be sent to you 7 days later, which must be this week yes?

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You're in the September Nine. When did you get the Enhance/Protect email? The Checkout email should be sent to you 7 days later, which must be this week yes?
I received that email last Wednesday. For whatever reason, I had to advise them of my ‘choices for value added products’ to progress to the next stage (as advised via email). However, I haven’t had the ‘follow up email’ I’ve seen on here, so I phoned CS today to check there wasn’t anything else I was supposed to do.

Following the telephone convo I had a follow up email…..
‘Please rest assured that the next steps are for you to be invited to the check out process, which will be communicated via email.

I can confirm that there is nothing for you to action at this present time and this will be sent out to you to proceed with the next steps. ‘

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That might mean the next step is genuinely "soon", with the usual meaning of "in a few days" :)