Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I paid a deposit on 7/7/21 maybe that makes me in the first 1000 to 1500? It was pre the Goodwood rush.

Although, I've opted for an i4 so lord knows when I'll get one. Last I officially heard wax December but that's got to be 2023 by now with all the v6 delays. Will soon be knocking on March and the new plates I expect!
7/7 deposit puts you in the first approx 500-700 UK, of which about half will be V6 FE, so you’ll be first 250-350 i4 FE. That’s probably month 2 of i4 deliveries, which currently looks like Feb 2023.

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
7/7 deposit puts you in the first approx 500-700 UK, of which about half will be V6 FE, so you’ll be first 250-350 i4 FE. That’s probably month 2 of i4 deliveries, which currently looks like Feb 2023.

Wow Feb, huge slip again then.

Thanks for being the voice of detail that we don't get from Lotus.

On the plus side at least March will be a bit less cold and a bit more fun for a new car.

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is what I got for my I4 this morning. Was meant to be December build originally:

Good morning James,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry we have not yet received any further information and your updated preliminary delivery month is still estimated for February 2023.

We are still awaiting confirmation on certain specifications potentially causing more significant delays than others and as such have not yet reached out to customer's until this is available. Rest assured once this becomes clear we will be able to advise on any changesto delivery for affected customers.

We do expect email contact to be made very soon regarding specific timeframes for customer order and appreciate your continued patience at this time.

Kind regards,

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is what I got for my I4 this morning. Was meant to be December build originally:

Good morning James,

I am sorry we have not yet received any further information and your updated preliminary delivery month is still estimated for February 2023.

We are still awaiting confirmation on certain specifications potentially causing more significant delays than others and as such have not yet reached out to customer's until this is available. Rest assured once this becomes clear we will be able to advise on any changesto delivery for affected customers.

We do expect email contact to be made very soon regarding specific timeframes for customer order and appreciate your continued patience at this time.

Kind regards,

Sad times. Really regret selling my M4 Competition August 2021 for a cheap run around.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Article this am on BBC about supply chain impact on global car companies. JLR loss of £500m due to supply issue restrictions. VAG and Toyota loss of output in excess of 300,000 units.....and the expectation that it will continue into middle of 23 or longer. New lockdowns in China started this week...
It's not a static or predictable scenario for sure!

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think there is more back story to this. I also just ordered an LR (Defender 110X). Placed a deposit a year ago... got an allocation in Feb... build late May and my delivery was planned for late August, but was now shifted to September. I have been aware of all delays as it's in the order system as it goes... Where Lotus you are completely blind. Sounds more like your friend's dealer gave his allocation to someone else?
Wasn't dealer - JLR just cancelled it - rumour is they are focusing on higher margin cars and cancelling the 'cheaper' ones. My friend has had to chase for updates the whole time, so no better than Lotus - she won't ever buy a JLR product again (and has been loyal before)

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Good morning James,

Kind regards,

I've just had similar information too - first UK i4 deliveries are now likely to be February 2023 - no engineering issues - just ongoing supply chain problems and build sequencing.....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The latest info I was able to find out on Friday from Lotus:
  • First customer deliveries still expected to start in September for UK V6 FEs
  • Now "unlikely" there will be any customer cars delivered in August
  • Customer-specific emails with updates on timings and process are due out to UK Batch 1 (September) next week, with emails to later batches to follow (probably week by week, so w/c 8 Aug for Batch 2 October)
  • 30 day calls will start shortly after the emails
  • Some specifications are delayed more than others, so not everyone is delayed the same amount - it's not as straightforward as (for example) "all silver wheels = +2 weeks later", as parts supply is still patchy and so a silver wheel might be OK for Batch 1 and 2 but delayed for Batch 3
  • Dealer demo cars are expected to be with UK dealers in mid August, probably week 2 and 3
  • Most dealers will have two demo cars, one Touring and one Sports (yay!)
  • Test drives will be prioritised for people in the earlier delivery batches
I wasn't able to get clear info on non-UK deliveries and demo cars, but I know they have been building LHD demo cars in the last few weeks.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
  • Customer-specific emails with updates on timings and process are due out to UK Batch 1 (September) next week, with emails to later batches to follow (probably week by week, so w/c 8 Aug for Batch 2 October)
  • Some specifications are delayed more than others, so not everyone is delayed the same amount - it's not as straightforward as (for example) "all silver wheels = +2 weeks later", as parts supply is still patchy and so a silver wheel might be OK for Batch 1 and 2 but delayed for Batch 3
  • Dealer demo cars are expected to be with UK dealers in mid August, probably week 2 and 3
I wasn't able to get clear info on non-UK deliveries and demo cars, but I know they have been building LHD demo cars in the last few weeks.
Great information Tom, Lotus CS never tell me much about what is happening, but you seem to get the low down on what is going on. The last I was told by CS was August manufacture for September delivery. I had resigned myself for October delivery after information in one of your previous posts. Thank you.😁👍

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, bring on the batches! I spoke to CS yesterday and am still down for September build / October delivery.

Exige2000

Reaction score
Thank you for information.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks @TomE for the update! (y)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
As i am in the 1st batch, i also would find that very agreeable. I have got a list of local roads to go and have a play on.
I'm definitely making a day of it to ensure I get this right after all this time. Not going to do a full EVO but the Porsche dealer is 3 miles away from my Lotus dealer 😇

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm definitely making a day of it to ensure I get this right after all this time. Not going to do a full EVO but the Porsche dealer is 3 miles away from my Lotus dealer 😇
I did have a trackday booked at Oulton Park in October but had to cancel. I will book a week off work when I do eventually collect it. Then it's the long awaited play time.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did have a trackday booked at Oulton Park in October but had to cancel. I will book a week off work when I do eventually collect it. Then it's the long awaited play time.
Through this Forum, I have had contact with another deposit holder in my town. Last race Lotus/Hope bike 1st & 2nd.