Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

The original poster went quiet when asked about his deposit date and if he was a dealer.

I've seen 4-5 people over the last month posting about getting a delivery in August, some saying they have a specific week or date. Whenever I asked Lotus about customer deliveries they said no dates were confirmed or had been advised to customers. They also said 3-4 weeks ago that August was still possible but would only be a few (less than 10) cars. On Friday they said August deliveries were unlikely.

Batch 1 people are supposed to get an email this week, which should clarify things. But I'm not holding my breath, as that email was promised for w/c 4 July and has slipped a week every week since.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The original poster went quiet when asked about his deposit date and if he was a dealer.

I've seen 4-5 people over the last month posting about getting a delivery in August, some saying they have a specific week or date. Whenever I asked Lotus about customer deliveries they said no dates were confirmed or had been advised to customers. They also said 3-4 weeks ago that August was still possible but would only be a few (less than 10) cars. On Friday they said August deliveries were unlikely.

Batch 1 people are supposed to get an email this week, which should clarify things. But I'm not holding my breath, as that email was promised for w/c 4 July and has slipped a week every week since.

Yes some FB's or YT's or Insta\'s want hits and comments and likes and so post any old rubbish. We know the first car is not an EU car, its a UK guy who paid about 2 years before reveal and he deserves his car first no matter what his spec haha.
Yes, not to be negative, but I am resigned to October now, but lets see what this "supposed" email says on Thursday, CS say they generally email out on Thursday, but I have not double checked this. I guess its due to people being in better moods on Friday and will have almost lost the will to complain by Monday when they open again ;).
Im just back in the UK now, would have loved my car for use this month, but its not to be. We can all be positive again after the email, or firmly neutral if they dont specify Sept delivery, Im open minded, but not hopeful. The only up side is a new reg ..whatever the new one will be after sept 22.
At least I have my lotus track day this saturday, so will get excited again one way or another....

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes some FB's or YT's or Insta\'s want hits and comments and likes and so post any old rubbish. We know the first car is not an EU car, its a UK guy who paid about 2 years before reveal and he deserves his car first no matter what his spec haha.
Yes, not to be negative, but I am resigned to October now, but lets see what this "supposed" email says on Thursday, CS say they generally email out on Thursday, but I have not double checked this. I guess its due to people being in better moods on Friday and will have almost lost the will to complain by Monday when they open again ;).
Im just back in the UK now, would have loved my car for use this month, but its not to be. We can all be positive again after the email, or firmly neutral if they dont specify Sept delivery, Im open minded, but not hopeful. The only up side is a new reg ..whatever the new one will be after sept 22.
At least I have my lotus track day this saturday, so will get excited again one way or another....
You know the score we expect an indepth review from the track day. and make sure you turn the Kef system on :)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You know the score we expect an indepth review from the track day. and make sure you turn the Kef system on :)
I guess there will be some others doing it this week before me, but sure, I will do everything I can.... and I will be asking 0-60 thoughts too, its a bug bearer now .. important to some.... not to others, but within limits it is to all.....
yes sound system, I will turn it on when they are telling me what to do haha ... I never learn

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hope you get great weather. Enjoy!

And find out how to start the engine with valve open!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hope you get great weather. Enjoy!

And find out how to start the engine with valve open!
Turn ignition on, select Sport or Track drive mode, press starter button.

If you go straight from ignition on to starter then it'll start in Tour mode by default.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Turn ignition on, select Sport or Track drive mode, press starter button.
Thanks @TomE . Given that there is no "key" to insert and turn, how do you "turn ignition on"? Push a button on the touch panel? How does the touch panel come alive?
Probably basic knowledge to those with experience in modern cars, but all the cars I have owned and driven had "proper" keys...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks @TomE . Given that there is no "key" to insert and turn, how do you "turn ignition on"? Push a button on the touch panel? How does the touch panel come alive?
Probably basic knowledge to those with experience in modern cars, but all the cars I have owned and driven had "proper" keys...

I wasn't able to confirm all the different ways of doing it, but certainly a short press on the starter button with feet off the pedals did turn on the ignition for the show cars at Goodwood. That then meant you could adjust the electric seats and play with the driver display and infotainment.

I know they had to take the keys for the Goodwood cars out of the cars and store them elsewhere on the show stand, otherwise people could accidentally start the cars!

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wasn't able to confirm all the different ways of doing it, but certainly a short press on the starter button with feet off the pedals did turn on the ignition for the show cars at Goodwood. That then meant you could adjust the electric seats and play with the driver display and infotainment.

I know they had to take the keys for the Goodwood cars out of the cars and store them elsewhere on the show stand, otherwise people could accidentally start the cars!
That’s good news that it can be fired up in sport mode

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Usually pressing ignition button in a manual vehicle without clutch depressed will turn everything on.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone who is tempted to start it up in Track mode (valve fully open) on the road needs to understand how the Dynamic Performance Management system learns about the balance of grip, yaw and torque.

The system resets each time you turn the engine off and re-learns from scratch after startup. It starts from maximum yaw angle and torque threshold, then takes one oversteer event at one corner to learn. So you’re likely to experience oversteer briefly on the first corner.

That's fine on track, but possibly embarrassing at that first roundabout after you leave home :)

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone who is tempted to start it up in Track mode (valve fully open) on the road needs to understand how the Dynamic Performance Management system learns about the balance of grip, yaw and torque.

The system resets each time you turn the engine off and re-learns from scratch after startup. It starts from maximum yaw angle and torque threshold, then takes one oversteer event at one corner to learn. So you’re likely to experience oversteer briefly on the first corner.

That's fine on track, but possibly embarrassing at that first roundabout after you leave home :)
Like all those “mustang leaving the car meet” videos

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's like the Carfection video review thread. Lots of side topics while we're waiting for something to happen, with everyone else checking each post to see if it's going to be the key one with some actual news!