Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not surprised, this was the Intel I received third-party through an employee two weeks ago

What is really annoying is they can’t be upfront with us. I was told that they’re doing something to the chassis which is causing delays. I don’t know how credible that information is
really? that is surprising at this stage..... I would have thought much of a change there and it would invalidate approvals but I have NO idea. If the car gets better, its all good, but I think the delays are parts related and maybe they are just making the most of the time they have been given.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Its not just Lotus btw - I have a friend who had an LR Evoque on order - was told delivery in September after numerous delays - they just got a call to say the build slot is cancelled and they need to re-order if they want a car (most likely a 10 - 12 month wait)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Its not just Lotus btw - I have a friend who had an LR Evoque on order - was told delivery in September after numerous delays - they just got a call to say the build slot is cancelled and they need to re-order if they want a car (most likely a 10 - 12 month wait)
holy moly..that hurts!

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
really? that is surprising at this stage..... I would have thought much of a change there and it would invalidate approvals but I have NO idea. If the car gets better, its all good, but I think the delays are parts related and maybe they are just making the most of the time they have been given.
Yes, but I don’t have any update to validate this information, I will try to find out

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
is this a red herring? Maybe not.
I've just been told the below:

LOTUS:"Good afternoon D,
No further delays have been advised from Lotus at this time, and all production has been set.

LOTUS:I can see that your order is set to complete production in September with delivery shorty after."

ME: "thx J, will that be delivery in September then?
thats what i was told at the goodwood show, Build in August, delivery in Sept
Jamie"

LOTUS:"Delivery will be between September/October."

So it has been moved back , originally told at Goodwood it would be delivered September, now slidiing back....again

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
SORRY to be the bearer of bad news....... and I dont want negative feedback ie shooting the messenger :(

I have jut been informed by CS at Lotus that now things are put back to close to another month. Dont get mad..dont get even either!
Ie at best...3 special early order cars will be made in August, .. for delivery in September. Yes, only perhaps 3 customer cars delivered in the whole of September.
The rest of the first batch are now looking firmly at October for delivery. And for later orders, well the logic follows you will be Nov /Dec etc. Not much point asking yet.
To put it into perspective, I am no. 34 on the list and I will now be an October delivery, where as at last info I was firm September.

There "should" be an email next Thursday, slightly generic, but stating a more accurate build month for those in the first batch (and maybe for others too), which they dont envisage changing. My build month and 99% of those who were originally June then July delivery... will now be October delivery.
I was also given new information regarding payment, which is in contrast to what I was told the last time. We will be sent, via email/digital signature a sales contract to sign about 30 days before the car is to be delivered. At that point things will improve, ie more individual communication and we will be contacted via Lotus for a test drive before paying. In theory we do not need to contact the dealers, lotus will contact us, make of that what you will. Also, the payment will be 14 days before the agreed delivery date.
If factory pick up, at that stage you will probably be told week x of October for example and then it will be fine tuned over the next weeks.

Thats all the info I have... I will defuse it to the other group re delivery if I can find it.
I expect 100 likes!!! even though you dislike it...
I don't think this is the full picture. LCC are saying no additional delays to first deliveries beyond what was communicated at Goodwood. So Batch 1 in September and maybe "a few" in late August. Beyond Batch 1 they can't make a general statement about timing (eg if you were previously Aug then you're now Sept) as it depends on specification and sequencing, but they have been and still will tell people individually.

The e-contract and "finals" process is the same as previously communicated, so yes payment isn't at 30 days. Lotus will advise delivery dates once you confirm factory collection/dealer collection/home delivery. Factory collection is very popular and they have a limited number of slots per day, so you may find that's slower than dealer/home.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think this is the full picture. LCC are saying no additional delays to first deliveries beyond what was communicated at Goodwood. So Batch 1 in September and maybe "a few" in late August. Beyond Batch 1 they can't make a general statement about timing (eg if you were previously Aug then you're now Sept) as it depends on specification and sequencing, but they have been and still will tell people individually.

The e-contract and "finals" process is the same as previously communicated, so yes payment isn't at 30 days. Lotus will advise delivery dates once you confirm factory collection/dealer collection/home delivery. Factory collection is very popular and they have a limited number of slots per day, so you may find that's slower than dealer/home.
I called CS this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to be told I'm still August build/September delivery. Apparently an email was supposed to go out last Wednesday but was pulled due them needing to figure out some additional delays for certain orders due to parts availability. We should expect some further communication next week, although I've been told next week/soon/imminent several times now so I'm not holding my breath.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I called CS this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to be told I'm still August build/September delivery. Apparently an email was supposed to go out last Wednesday but was pulled due them needing to figure out some additional delays for certain orders due to parts availability. We should expect some further communication next week, although I've been told next week/soon/imminent several times now so I'm not holding my breath.
I hope you're right. The guy I spoke to seemed pretty knowledgeable in comparison to some I have spoken to.
My car for reference is Blue, Manual, Ice interior, no black pack, DC wheels... ie nothing out of the ordinary.
Daniel seemed very certain in what he said, cars being built in September as they are expecting in a large number of parts before then, but I guess the proof is in the pudding and let's see what happens next thursday, IF we get the email.

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time there has been conflicting info from CS would it. At goodwood, people could go in and get an accurate update there and then and some did, but did it turn out to be correct, we dont know. Or they could call CS back at Lotus to get the info, but this was incorrect, CS at Lotus had no info at all and we were then promised it the following week, but that didn't happen either, then the next week and the next, and now next week once again!

In my Lotus CS experience, the worst and less optimistic info tends to be correct, as after all, NONE of us have our cars or any firm date for our cars yet, the evidence is clear.

Re payment, I was specifically told 30 days the last time I called, and I asked regarding this twice, so NO confusion on my part. Hence, while the 14 days payment may be written down somewhere? Ive not seen it myself and again I was informed incorrectly it seems that the car had to be paid for at the 30 days mark. As I alluded too, it really seems to depend with whom you speak to at CS. Alex and Jaimie have been the most knowledgable to my mind so far and have yet to be proven wrong in anything they have said, but again, next week we will know more... yet again, next week.
I hope you are all right and I have been misinformed, but its nothing to do with my spec, I was in concrete told 3 cars at best made in August for September and the rest to be made in September for October... I hope I am...sorry, I hope they were wrong. Nothing I would like more then to get my car asap.... October is not an attractive month at all.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wish I had a pound for every time Lotus has said an email will be coming out/ supposed to come out then didn’t waffle waffle waffle
Let’s all ring them tomorrow on mass for updates 🤣🤣

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Re payment, I was specifically told 30 days the last time I called, and I asked regarding this twice, so NO confusion on my part. Hence, while the 14 days payment may be written down somewhere? Ive not seen it myself and again I was informed incorrectly it seems that the car had to be paid for at the 30 days mark. As I alluded too, it really seems to depend with whom you speak to at CS. Alex and Jaimie have been the most knowledgable to my mind so far and have yet to be proven wrong in anything they have said, but again, next week we will know more... yet again, next week.

You were definitely given the wrong info about payment timeframes. It was never at 30 days and has always been between 14 days and 7 days prior to delivery. That came from the head of LCC and cross-checked with Sales when I asked them about the details of the "finals" process after I paid my second deposit. They'd tell you the amount at 30 days, but payment not expected until nearer delivery.

As you say, info from LCC isn't always consistent. Let's see if any of us actually get this email, the one that's been due "next week" since 23 June.

The update I've had today is identical to the info I had a week ago and 2, 3, 4 and 5 weeks ago: Sept delivery but maybe late Aug.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wuhan just gone into lockdown as Covid cases, just 4, detected........ummm, more delays?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time there has been conflicting info from CS would it. At goodwood, people could go in and get an accurate update there and then and some did, but did it turn out to be correct, we dont know. Or they could call CS back at Lotus to get the info, but this was incorrect, CS at Lotus had no info at all and we were then promised it the following week, but that didn't happen either, then the next week and the next, and now next week once again!

In my Lotus CS experience, the worst and less optimistic info tends to be correct, as after all, NONE of us have our cars or any firm date for our cars yet, the evidence is clear.

I hope you are all right and I have been misinformed, but its nothing to do with my spec, I was in concrete told 3 cars at best made in August for September and the rest to be made in September for October... I hope I am...sorry, I hope they were wrong. Nothing I would like more then to get my car asap.... October is not an attractive month at all.
I was also told twice that payment was 30 days ,both CS and by Lotus personnel,so again everyone is given conflicting information

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I was also told twice that payment was 30 days ,both CS and by Lotus personnel,so again everyone is given conflicting information

I think most of us, apart from an "odd few" are or will be happy with the car, which is the hardest thing to get right. The CS is childs play logical common sense and that is really letting them down..... surely they have meetings, surely each week or 10 days they are all given the same info.....
It does not effect my opinion of Lotus that much as I am sure they will get through it, however, it is still surprising nonetheless

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve said before on this thread that full payment 30 days in advance cannot work.

What if you have a trade-in? Do you hand over your V5 at 30 days?

What about finance? Deposit at 30 days then start monthly payments immediately?

But if you’re a cash buyer you hand over £80k and wait?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I’ve said before on this thread that full payment 30 days in advance cannot work.

What if you have a trade-in? Do you hand over your V5 at 30 days?

What about finance? Deposit at 30 days then start monthly payments immediately?

But if you’re a cash buyer you hand over £80k and wait?
yes it would be crazy, but this is what some CS staff are telling customers, which is not true, but they still say it.... crazy...

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm with the 'we are not expected to pay at 30 days to go' bunch.

Logically, having to pay then has to be bollocks.

We are all expecting a call 30 days before delivery. This will ask us HOW we wish to pay and confirm the delivery logistics.

We can then say something like £40k deposit and rest on finance please, and I will pick it up from the factory. They will then process this which takes time, especially if a part-exchange is part of it.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm with the 'we are not expected to pay at 30 days to go' bunch.

Logically, having to pay then has to be bollocks.

We are all expecting a call 30 days before delivery. This will ask us HOW we wish to pay and confirm the delivery logistics.

We can then say something like £40k deposit and rest on finance please, and I will pick it up from the factory. They will then process this which takes time, especially if a part-exchange is part of it.
I was told 30 days notice of delivery date and confirm logistics. Then 2 weeks before delivery the financial side of it will be taken care of.

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I paid a deposit on 7/7/21 maybe that makes me in the first 1000 to 1500? It was pre the Goodwood rush.

Although, I've opted for an i4 so lord knows when I'll get one. Last I officially heard wax December but that's got to be 2023 by now with all the v6 delays. Will soon be knocking on March and the new plates I expect!

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got a call and offered a cancellation with October build / November delivery, so I accepted it 😀
Initial deposit 31st July

V6 Manual
Touring
Magma Red with Full Black Pack
Black alloys & black callipers
Alcantara with red stitch
Alcantara steering wheel
Privacy glass
Homelink
Tracker
We are also in Teesside and due for a November delivery. Hopefully see you driving around 👍

Reactions: Den