Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
  1. Not finalisation as such, but more about parts supply, which affects some cars more than others - all are delayed 2-3 weeks, some are delayed more (eg auto gearboxes)
  2. Ramp up much slower than expected - partly due to #1, partly wanting to ensure get quality right in all areas
  3. In theory no need to wait for bigger batches, but I suspect they don't want to deliver (for example) the first ten customer cars then have to pause and leave a gap
  4. They are having to re-stack the production schedules in light of latest info per #1 and need to do this before they can speak to individual customers
They're still building dealer demos and the pressure is on to get all the UK ones completed and out, as they can at least then start test drives. If there's a short gap after that until first customer cars, that's a bit easier to manage.

At the moment I'll be surprised if any customer cars are delivered in July, but I think the dealer demos will be, probably in week 3 or 4.
If they are dealer cars, then they have just got the silent treatment like the rest of us. As of yesterday .. nothing

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m easy now , if it’s next year it’s next year , no point stressing over it 👌🏽
Kinda want a v10 at the moment so heading towards the huracan how was your r8?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m easy now , if it’s next year it’s next year , no point stressing over it 👌🏽
Kinda want a v10 at the moment so heading towards the huracan how was your r8?
R8 V10 plus is sublime had one for 3 years, exhaust notes superb can deffo recommend - on the latest model these are now not as loud as model prior latest one

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
R8 V10 plus is sublime had one for 3 years, exhaust notes superb can deffo recommend - on the latest model these are now not as loud as model prior latest one
My mate had the V8. Lovely, but quite wallets on the servicing and maintenance!
Did you do OK?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think I saw that post on Facebook it I think it’s been removed - but the poster said his dealer had said this
I think I saw that too, but not substantiated. The dealers have no info on customer cars and don't know when their demo cars will arrive.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My mate had the V8. Lovely, but quite wallets on the servicing and maintenance!
Did you do OK?
Its undoubtedly a great car, probably the best usable super car there has been in the last 15 years, BUT, the design for me has always been very ordinary. From a small distance it looks like a TT and over the years ir and the TT have hardly changed at all IMO. I considered one with a gated gear box, but the exterior shape just needs more for me, something a bit less German...... a bit more...italian.....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Its undoubtedly a great car, probably the best usable super car there has been in the last 15 years, BUT, the design for me has always been very ordinary. From a small distance it looks like a TT and over the years ir and the TT have hardly changed at all IMO. I considered one with a gated gear box, but the exterior shape just needs more for me, something a bit less German...... a bit more...italian.....
I love the cabriolet. Looks like some weird concept car from the 90s

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
yes the cabriolet is interesting, nothing quite like it... and certainly not like a TT ;)
I guess I just dont think of Audi as a.... well, they are not exactly flamboyant in their designs.....solid is the word I would use

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
yes the cabriolet is interesting, nothing quite like it... and certainly not like a TT ;)
I guess I just dont think of Audi as a.... well, they are not exactly flamboyant in their designs.....solid is the word I would use
I appreciate all forms in life 😇🥰😅

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Do not mention boobs, I repeat.....
ahhh u saw that did u?
"breasts"

I had a call from Lotus today....
they were looking for Harrys garage and incorrectly came through to Gary's (much smaller) garage... haha

vision

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ahhh u saw that did u?
"breasts"

I had a call from Lotus today....
they were looking for Harrys garage and incorrectly came through to Gary's (much smaller) garage... haha
OK, Lotus need CUP sizes before delivery as that affects stability on track. Thats why Jethro had an issue - no boobs as ballast to offset understeer. Simple maths

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt normally care too much, but yes it would be interesting to see Jeremy belly Clarkson driving the car, I think we need his opinion into the mix.....