Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Car66

Reaction score
  1. Not finalisation as such, but more about parts supply, which affects some cars more than others - all are delayed 2-3 weeks, some are delayed more (eg auto gearboxes)
  2. Ramp up much slower than expected - partly due to #1, partly wanting to ensure get quality right in all areas
  3. In theory no need to wait for bigger batches, but I suspect they don't want to deliver (for example) the first ten customer cars then have to pause and leave a gap
  4. They are having to re-stack the production schedules in light of latest info per #1 and need to do this before they can speak to individual customers
They're still building dealer demos and the pressure is on to get all the UK ones completed and out, as they can at least then start test drives. If there's a short gap after that until first customer cars, that's a bit easier to manage.

At the moment I'll be surprised if any customer cars are delivered in July, but I think the dealer demos will be, probably in week 3 or 4.
The reason no cars are being delivered yet despite many being manufactured could be very simple - they are still awaiting type approval and CoP from the Vehicle Certification Agency? With development of the car only just being completed this would be a logical explanation. Yes there are parts supply issues but that would be volume manufactured not getting them out the door to customers.

OUI131

Reaction score
do you intend to buy RHD in the UK and use the car in France? Short trips or longer term... I ask in terms of insurance, it is complicated these days after brexit....
For me no changes since brexit, in many areas such as VAT on yachts it’s eaisier.
There is no longer a requirement for a green card (nothing to do with brexit) and insurance companies give 90 or 180 days continuous europe cover, and im still a uk resident.
I have a french registered car if needed, no point in paying eco malus of €40000 (cars wltp 215 or more) to mr macron

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This thread is doing my health no good; every time I see an updated post I click in hopes that the first person on here will have received their 30 day, only to find this is not the case... :cry::ROFLMAO:

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Received standard no info this morning I’m supposed to be July and states below that I will be hearing in upcoming weeks- let’s face it won’t be receiving car in July and if it’s going to be well into August I would sensibly delay until new reg. Totally gutted minimal summer driving it’s going to be garaged all over winter I may as well not bother till spring next year at this rate - this is becoming a serious consideration the longer this goes on. Stupid me believing what Lotus told me as my delivery month and arranging my summer holidays around car !! how frustrating that no one has a clue when we getting these cars 🚗

Attachments

• 8219514C-A46B-48E9-A39A-97533440D5D2.jpeg
    8219514C-A46B-48E9-A39A-97533440D5D2.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 40

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
For me no changes since brexit, in many areas such as VAT on yachts it’s eaisier.
There is no longer a requirement for a green card (nothing to do with brexit) and insurance companies give 90 or 180 days continuous europe cover, and im still a uk resident.
I have a french registered car if needed, no point in paying eco malus of €40000 (cars wltp 215 or more) to mr macron
You say there are no green cards needed? From when is this??.... that must be very recent, mid last year you certainly needed a green card for EU travel and to my knowledge it hasnt changed, but happy if as you say it has!
REgarding your other commentt on 90 and 180 continuous use in EU, very few companies, very very few give 180 days EU cover continuous, I dont know any off the top of my head that do this after brexit, but I am talking about insurance for sports or higher end cars, ie not admiral, or direct line type cars.
Please do tell me the companies that offer 180 continuous EU cover for UK cars, as I will be contacting them for my Emira too.
I had 4 UK cars, a nomad, a defender, a westfield and an Elise and I had a year long green card for all of them to use them in Spain. THis was immediately stopped as soon as brexit struck and in the following months I called all the normal suspects for these type of cars and none of them gave more than 90 days out of the UK and you had to get green cars and specify the exact dates etc. So I am not arguing, but very surprised at what you say. If I get a quote on a comparison website now, none of the 10 options give 180 days EU cover... none, some are only 30 days per trip.

And green card changed came from brexit 100%, I had long conversations with insurance companies regarding this, it was a huge change for their industry.
Im glad your business has not been affected, but for many this is not the case; the parts industry for cars as an exmaple, its also a huge blow as the paperwork to import spare parts to the EU from the UK outweighs the potential cost benefits and I know a few porsche renovators that stopped using UK parts. In fact Deisgn911 I think they are called, the largest UK porsche parts dealer, in the end had to open an EU warehouse as they lost so much business due to brexit.
Sending any item from the UK to the EU, new or used, is very complicated and ends up costing a small fortune as not even the customs agents in the EU seem to know the rules related to brexit....
Anyway, a bit off topic.

French roads are great for the Emira as you know :). Far superior to UK ones in general and to Spanish ones.... amazing.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Received standard no info this morning I’m supposed to be July and states below that I will be hearing in upcoming weeks- let’s face it won’t be receiving car in July and if it’s going to be well into August I would sensibly delay until new reg. Totally gutted minimal summer driving it’s going to be garaged all over winter I may as well not bother till spring next year at this rate - this is becoming a serious consideration the longer this goes on. Stupid me believing what Lotus told me as my delivery month and arranging my summer holidays around car !! how frustrating that no one has a clue when we getting these cars 🚗
We're all in the same boat. OK the comms has been terrible, but we also have to bear in mind Lotus aren't the only manufacturer to publicise major delays in the last 6 months and not be able to give a clear picture on individual deliveries.

At least you got an earlier slot due to a cancellation. Even if it is now slipping back a bit , it'll still be earlier than your original place.

OUI131

Reaction score
You say there are no green cards needed? From when is this??.... that must be very recent, mid last year you certainly needed a green card for EU travel and to my knowledge it hasnt changed, but happy if as you say it has!
REgarding your other commentt on 90 and 180 continuous use in EU, very few companies, very very few give 180 days EU cover continuous, I dont know any off the top of my head that do this after brexit, but I am talking about insurance for sports or higher end cars, ie not admiral, or direct line type cars.
Please do tell me the companies that offer 180 continuous EU cover for UK cars, as I will be contacting them for my Emira too.
I had 4 UK cars, a nomad, a defender, a westfield and an Elise and I had a year long green card for all of them to use them in Spain. THis was immediately stopped as soon as brexit struck and in the following months I called all the normal suspects for these type of cars and none of them gave more than 90 days out of the UK and you had to get green cars and specify the exact dates etc. So I am not arguing, but very surprised at what you say. If I get a quote on a comparison website now, none of the 10 options give 180 days EU cover... none, some are only 30 days per trip.

And green card changed came from brexit 100%, I had long conversations with insurance companies regarding this, it was a huge change for their industry.
Im glad your business has not been affected, but for many this is not the case; the parts industry for cars as an exmaple, its also a huge blow as the paperwork to import spare parts to the EU from the UK outweighs the potential cost benefits and I know a few porsche renovators that stopped using UK parts. In fact Deisgn911 I think they are called, the largest UK porsche parts dealer, in the end had to open an EU warehouse as they lost so much business due to brexit.
Sending any item from the UK to the EU, new or used, is very complicated and ends up costing a small fortune as not even the customs agents in the EU seem to know the rules related to brexit....
Anyway, a bit off topic.

French roads are great for the Emira as you know :). Far superior to UK ones in general and to Spanish ones.... amazing.
www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/driving-abroad

LV was 180 days, changed to Hastings and its 90 days, this was april 2022
And yes you are correct the EU is trying to punish UK for leaving, well france is, but no more politics

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
  1. Not finalisation as such, but more about parts supply, which affects some cars more than others - all are delayed 2-3 weeks, some are delayed more (eg auto gearboxes)
  2. Ramp up much slower than expected - partly due to #1, partly wanting to ensure get quality right in all areas
  3. In theory no need to wait for bigger batches, but I suspect they don't want to deliver (for example) the first ten customer cars then have to pause and leave a gap
  4. They are having to re-stack the production schedules in light of latest info per #1 and need to do this before they can speak to individual customers
They're still building dealer demos and the pressure is on to get all the UK ones completed and out, as they can at least then start test drives. If there's a short gap after that until first customer cars, that's a bit easier to manage.

At the moment I'll be surprised if any customer cars are delivered in July, but I think the dealer demos will be, probably in week 3 or 4.
Do we know how long the delay is roughly for the auto boxes?

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Indeed.... my EU exports are down over 90% since Brexit, and about 20% of the orders I do send are returned by the foreign postal service with no reason given. Small businesses that export have been utterly thrown under the bus. The official government advice, believe it or not: open an EU subsidiary. Fine if you're a big enough company, but it's just not feasible for me.

But we took back control of our borders, right? so all is good. Wait... we're not doing any border checks on imports, and won't be until at least the end of 2023. Until then EU companies can freely import into the UK. Good to see the government have got our backs on this and given us a level playing field...

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had an email just now from CS saying I am currently still August delivery (originally July), if there is a delay I will get a call from CS or email from factory.

I've waited 40 or so years to own a Lotus so a bit longer is not a deal breaker for me. Whenever it arrives I will count myself very lucky, the world is in a bit of a sorry state. Plus my birthday is in September, not that I want to tempt fate!

With the Emira shed complete I'm back to looking at plates, in case my 22 goes out of date. Passes the time :)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/driving-abroad

LV was 180 days, changed to Hastings and its 90 days, this was april 2022
And yes you are correct the EU is trying to punish UK for leaving, well france is, but no more politics
ok yes LV used to be 180 days, I saw them a while ago... but they dont insure much outside of standard cars....

We will have to see how soon these companies get on baord with the Emira... I like LV, not sure they still do 180 days though

yes no more politics...

any thoughts on the emira? haha

Last edited by a moderator:

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had an email just now from CS saying I am currently still August delivery (originally July), if there is a delay I will get a call from CS or email from factory.

I've waited 40 or so years to own a Lotus so a bit longer is not a deal breaker for me. Whenever it arrives I will count myself very lucky, the world is in a bit of a sorry state. Plus my birthday is in September, not that I want to tempt fate!

With the Emira shed complete I'm back to looking at plates, in case my 22 goes out of date. Passes the time :)
I think CS just say whatever BS depending who you speak to. 2 weeks ago I was told I would hear last week. Today they say I should get to know in the upcoming weeks. I’m July ( from June ) and they can’t tell me until weeks. Your August and you have been confirmed your still August. Just BS they know jack sh** unless they do really know and are holding back till 12th to then confirm the delays. Don’t believe a word, think they need to get the story straight.
I do apologise for been totally GRUMPY PANTS 🩲 💯% of the time can’t seem to shake my grumpy pants 🩲 off these days 🤦‍♀️.
On a brighter note my 93% utility increase put a smile of my face 😳 Not 🙁

OUI131

Reaction score
A
ok yes LV used to be 180 days, I saw them a while ago... but they dont insure much outside of standard cars....

We will have to see how soon these companies get on baord with the Emira... I like LV, not sure they still do 180 days though

yes no more politics...

any thoughts on the emira? hahaa
a strict meaning of the government requirement for all UK insurers to provide third party cover in EU+ countries makes the 90 day limit probably only enforceable for the fully comprehensive (all risks) part of a policy

my major thoughts on the Emira are, I want it and I want it now😀

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
With Goodwood starting in just over 24 hours, I would be surprised if Lotus want anything overshadowing whatever it is they’re going to announce or show there. So, I suspect no calls this week to focus on taking inquiries for Eletre or the EV sports car or whatever…or maybe they’ll show the Emira 410? :)