Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So either the photos or the write up is wrong then as it doesn’t have carbon seats or carbon exterior. Yes the ultimate pack is 👌🏼The Laser lights are great
So either the photos or the write up is wrong then as it doesn’t have carbon seats or carbon exterior. Yes the ultimate pack is 👌🏼The Laser lights are great
Love the orange carbon seats

Attachments

• F527D073-60B5-44E9-B928-287CF07FE0D6.jpeg
    F527D073-60B5-44E9-B928-287CF07FE0D6.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 37

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My point is, and I just thought about it now, as thats the sought of guy I am, always thinking...... you're welcome.... is that LOTUS< upon being told you will delay your car from end of July/start of august, to start of september, may turn around and say... NO.
They may say, we have a strict schedule and limited space and a strict registration process, so you either take it when its ready, ORRRRRR....orrrrrr..... or, you delay for 2 3 4 months until we are ready again, ie take the car or we offer it to someone else who will.....
I have no idea, but it would not surprise me if Lotus give a big NO to delaying car deliveries ... We shall see, when people get called over the next week or 2 or 3, what they say and someone will post it and then we will know. If I were Lotus, I feel I would be doing this for all but deliveries of maybe 5-10 days before 1st sept. And dont forget, there is a big rush at the DVLA to get cars registered on the 1st, so that in itself (plus Lotus sending off the paperwork) may mean you dont get your car until the 15th - 20th - 30th of Sept.

If you’re buying through a dealer then I assume the dealer can delay delivery but they would need to accept the car from Lotus and keep it in storage. Doing this would be at the dealers discretion.

As for the Lotus direct delivery model, I assume the answer will indeed by NO for an extended delay. But there should be a little bit of flexibility (eg Book a delivery slot within a week, perhaps two at most). Not sure what they would do if delivery is refused for an extended period.

The caveat here is in terms of if it is the dealer that does the registration.... Thats what used to happen, but if they are just handing over the car to you, getting there small fee, then it wont have an effect... the answer would be NO apart from as you say, and as I said, maybe 1 - 2 weeks. If they are doing more work than just hand over, then and only then could they perhaps delay for you..... but again, they pay lotus for the car so will want your money at the same time and they ultimately pay for storage, and may ask for some of that cost for any longer period also....
I for one wont be doing it, I am looking forward to getting my car on my Bday, July 16th ! ahaha. screw the 30 days...

The new UK model means Lotus handle all the new car registrations centrally. They're done electronically, so no paperwork for Lotus to send off or have to wait for anything back from DVLA. That applies for personal registrations too, you just provide a scan of the retention certificate. The dealers are not involved with registration any more, even if you opt for delivery to dealer.

So if you want to delay delivery to after 1 Sept for the new registration you're going to be reliant on Lotus allowing that. And they'll need to have the processes in place to handle storage, delayed registration and delayed delivery. In theory they should be able to do all that, the big question is will they. If cars are now being delayed into late July/early August, it'll mean 4-6 weeks storage. Their PDI partner is BCA at Upper Heyford and they have an entire airbase of space for storage.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I stand corrected probably why it's cheaper
Could you drive a car looking as bad as that? Dynamically it’s good but so is a Cayman and both aren’t as pretty as the Emira. I don’t want to be the only one round Matlock getting attention, I’m prepared to share it. 😀
No offence to M3/4 owners as I would have bought one if they had been pretty.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Could you drive a car looking as bad as that? Dynamically it’s good but so is a Cayman and both aren’t as pretty as the Emira. I don’t want to be the only one round Matlock getting attention, I’m prepared to share it. 😀
No offence to M3/4 owners as I would have bought one if they had been pretty.
First time I'd seen them up close.
I actually think the M4 works quite well. It's not a true looker tho you are correct.
I honestly honestly don't care what a car looks like though. I dont really want the attention in the Emira, you can happily have it all 😋
You will defo notice 2 around here though in Nimbus. I will try not to drive like a complete tit and tarnish your reputation 😉😂

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
First time I'd seen them up close.
I actually think the M4 works quite well. It's not a true looker tho you are correct.
I honestly honestly don't care what a car looks like though. I dont really want the attention in the Emira, you can happily have it all 😋
You will defo notice 2 around here though in Nimbus. I will try not to drive like a complete title and tarnish your reputation 😉😂
Wonder what the Lotus way is to acknowledge another Lotus driver? Wave your spanner at them as you drive past. 😀

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wonder what the Lotus way is to acknowledge another Lotus driver? Wave your spanner at them as you drive past. 😀
I've always liked that Lotus drivers flash each other as they drive past - I wonder if those buying an Emira will continue to follow suit or think that it's odd. I tried doing it in my Aston Martin when I first got it which failed miserably haha...!

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've always liked that Lotus drivers flash each other as they drive past - I wonder if those buying an Emira will continue to follow suit or think that it's odd. I tried doing it in my Aston Martin when I first got it which failed miserably haha...!
I won’t be flashing anyone. Don’t want to be arrested for indecent exposure. You do you though

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's definitely flash of headlights and a cheery wave.

Always used to be a problem with Esprits and Elans, as the delay on the headlights popping up usually meant you'd passed the other driver before they got to see the flash. Hence the wave as backup.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
After 7 days of customer production since first customer car on the 10th I'm surprised no one has received 'the call'. If they are producing 20 cars per day then thats 140 cars. Its not adding up so there must be something else going on. Some thoughts:
  • Issue with finialsing the car, missing wheels for example
  • Production much lower
  • Delaying rollout until a large enough batch is in place

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm very sure that what Matt meant in the video with "first customer car" was in reality the first production spec car. The first production spec cars will be built for dealers however, not for customers, so there probably aren't any real customer cars built just yet.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm very sure that what Matt meant in the video with "first customer car" was in reality the first production spec car. The first production spec cars will be built for dealers however, not for customers, so there probably aren't any real customer cars built just yet.
100% correct. Only dealer cars globally are being built as demos as we speak. No customer cars look like being built in June from what I’ve been told. The whole video was to buy more time and basically tell people you’ll get a car when we can make it. Utter BS for people whom have been promised so much and got a video message at the 11th hour per say. Anyways grumpy pants 👖 off and it comes when it will come, as that’s Lotus and silly me for expecting any different from past experiences.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
After 7 days of customer production since first customer car on the 10th I'm surprised no one has received 'the call'. If they are producing 20 cars per day then thats 140 cars. Its not adding up so there must be something else going on. Some thoughts:
  • Issue with finialsing the car, missing wheels for example
  • Production much lower
  • Delaying rollout until a large enough batch is in place

1. Not finalisation as such, but more about parts supply, which affects some cars more than others - all are delayed 2-3 weeks, some are delayed more (eg auto gearboxes)
  2. Ramp up much slower than expected - partly due to #1, partly wanting to ensure get quality right in all areas
  3. In theory no need to wait for bigger batches, but I suspect they don't want to deliver (for example) the first ten customer cars then have to pause and leave a gap
  4. They are having to re-stack the production schedules in light of latest info per #1 and need to do this before they can speak to individual customers
They're still building dealer demos and the pressure is on to get all the UK ones completed and out, as they can at least then start test drives. If there's a short gap after that until first customer cars, that's a bit easier to manage.

At the moment I'll be surprised if any customer cars are delivered in July, but I think the dealer demos will be, probably in week 3 or 4.

OUI131

Reaction score
  1. Not finalisation as such, but more about parts supply, which affects some cars more than others - all are delayed 2-3 weeks, some are delayed more (eg auto gearboxes)
  2. Ramp up much slower than expected - partly due to #1, partly wanting to ensure get quality right in all areas
  3. In theory no need to wait for bigger batches, but I suspect they don't want to deliver (for example) the first ten customer cars then have to pause and leave a gap
  4. They are having to re-stack the production schedules in light of latest info per #1 and need to do this before they can speak to individual customers
They're still building dealer demos and the pressure is on to get all the UK ones completed and out, as they can at least then start test drives. If there's a short gap after that until first customer cars, that's a bit easier to manage.

At the moment I'll be surprised if any customer cars are delivered in July, but I think the dealer demos will be, probably in week 3 or 4.
So are people expecting a call 30 days before delivery? Beacause an email I had suggests ‘checkout will be 2 weeks before delivery’, it did however state that in coming weeks I would be asked about trade in finance etc, and I did have an email not from Lotus Cars, but from customer care a month ago re delivery options so I’m not really sure what to expect. I was reassured by customer care that my car still has a planned June build date, but has this all changed with the mw news video. To be fair the changes in delivery times has been nothing compared to my recently delivered JLR product, it’s delivery schedule moved from 12 months to 18 months, then back to 5 months and finally received after 11 months, a month earlier than requested.
No call so far today ☹️
not interested in a test drive , if Harry likes it I’m sure it’s ok for me

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Let’s think August for dealer cars / late August for customer cars and if it is earlier, we can be delighted they’ve delivered early! :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So are people expecting a call 30 days before delivery? Beacause an email I had suggests ‘checkout will be 2 weeks before delivery’, it did however state that in coming weeks I would be asked about trade in finance etc, and I did have an email not from Lotus Cars, but from customer care a month ago re delivery options so I’m not really sure what to expect. I was reassured by customer care that my car still has a planned June build date, but has this all changed with the mw news video. To be fair the changes in delivery times has been nothing compared to my recently delivered JLR product, it’s delivery schedule moved from 12 months to 18 months, then back to 5 months and finally received after 11 months, a month earlier than requested.
No call so far today ☹️

Yes. Customer Care confirmed to me last week it was still intended to be 30 days before delivery when they'd contact us about final arrangements. This was just before Matt's email/video about delays, but CC knew that was coming. The 30 day contact is to cover things like confirming delivery Hethel/dealer/home, finalising finance and trade in, checking if you have a personal registration to be added etc. Previously they'd asked people to give a preference on delivery, but it was just to help them plan rather than being a commitment.

I believe the final balance has to be paid 1-2 weeks before delivery, so that may be the checkout process they told you about.

I was told to expect my 30 day call this or next week, taking the recent delay announcement into account. That may still mean July delivery but could mean August too. I'm relaxed about the timing now, as the delay pushes delivery to after I'm back from holiday and I've already had to replan my early summer car events to use the Exige instead.

OUI131

Reaction score
Yes. Customer Care confirmed to me last week it was still intended to be 30 days before delivery when they'd contact us about final arrangements. This was just before Matt's email/video about delays, but CC knew that was coming. The 30 day contact is to cover things like confirming delivery Hethel/dealer/home, finalising finance and trade in, checking if you have a personal registration to be added etc. Previously they'd asked people to give a preference on delivery, but it was just to help them plan rather than being a commitment.

I believe the final balance has to be paid 1-2 weeks before delivery, so that may be the checkout process they told you about.

I was told to expect my 30 day call this or next week, taking the recent delay announcement into account. That may still mean July delivery but could mean August too. I'm relaxed about the timing now, as the delay pushes delivery to after I'm back from holiday and I've already had to replan my early summer car events to use the Exige instead.

this is what I got 14th may,

We tried to contact you today to discuss your delivery options for the Emira.
Please could we kindly ask you to answer the following questions:
1.) Lotus Prestbury is your local agent. Would you like to use this agent for aftercare needs for the Emira?
2.) Do you plan on trading in a vehicle?
3.) Will you be requesting a personalised plate registration?
4.) How are you planning on taking delivery of your Emira? (at the factory, home/business address, or Lotus agent).
5.) If you have opted for factory collection on the above question, do you wish to bring a plus 1?
You can still change your mind in the future and are not committed to any of the above.
Please do let us know if you have any queries. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind regards,

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, that’s the “give your preferences to help us plan but we won’t need to confirm it all till later” email.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
No call so far today ☹️
do you intend to buy RHD in the UK and use the car in France? Short trips or longer term... I ask in terms of insurance, it is complicated these days after brexit....