Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can't you guys just get a custom plate in Britain so its neither a "22" or a "72" plate and be done with it?
Yeah it doesn’t bother me if it’s a 22 or 72. 99% of people don’t understand the plate system anyway and I’ll be putting personal plates on.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
80k buys s chunk of used cars though shame the used price market is inflated.
True that.
20220619_134746.jpg
20220619_134736.jpg

Went to look at some M3s and M4s as well. They look reasonable value in the current market at 70k!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Just a point, although I think I am the guilty one who spoke about people maybe wanting to wait until September about 6 weeks ago before this thread was ever here.
My point is, and I just thought about it now, as thats the sought of guy I am, always thinking...... you're welcome.... is that LOTUS< upon being told you will delay your car from end of July/start of august, to start of september, may turn around and say... NO.
They may say, we have a strict schedule and limited space and a strict registration process, so you either take it when its ready, ORRRRRR....orrrrrr..... or, you delay for 2 3 4 months until we are ready again, ie take the car or we offer it to someone else who will.....
I have no idea, but it would not surprise me if Lotus give a big NO to delaying car deliveries ... We shall see, when people get called over the next week or 2 or 3, what they say and someone will post it and then we will know. If I were Lotus, I feel I would be doing this for all but deliveries of maybe 5-10 days before 1st sept. And dont forget, there is a big rush at the DVLA to get cars registered on the 1st, so that in itself (plus Lotus sending off the paperwork) may mean you dont get your car until the 15th - 20th - 30th of Sept.
Yeah it doesn’t bother me if it’s a 22 or 72. 99% of people don’t undertake the plate system anyway and I’ll be putting personal plates on.
yes 0.001% of people put a private plate on but when you sell it that generally comes off and the date still has an effect.
However on an 80£ car and such a long wait and the summer holidays I don’t think many will in the end try to delay. Especially if they risk more of a delay than they bargain for haha

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you’re buying through a dealer then I assume the dealer can delay delivery but they would need to accept the car from Lotus and keep it in storage. Doing this would be at the dealers discretion.

As for the Lotus direct delivery model, I assume the answer will indeed by NO for an extended delay. But there should be a little bit of flexibility (eg Book a delivery slot within a week, perhaps two at most). Not sure what they would do if delivery is refused for an extended period.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If you’re buying through a dealer then I assume the dealer can delay delivery but they would need to accept the car from Lotus and keep it in storage. Doing this would be at the dealers discretion.

As for the Lotus direct delivery model, I assume the answer will indeed by NO for an extended delay. But there should be a little bit of flexibility (eg Book a delivery slot within a week, perhaps two at most). Not sure what they would do if delivery is refused for an extended period.
Yeah that's a good point. If my dealer actually returned any of my calls 📞 I'd find out...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

The caveat here is in terms of if it is the dealer that does the registration.... Thats what used to happen, but if they are just handing over the car to you, getting there small fee, then it wont have an effect... the answer would be NO apart from as you say, and as I said, maybe 1 - 2 weeks. If they are doing more work than just hand over, then and only then could they perhaps delay for you..... but again, they pay lotus for the car so will want your money at the same time and they ultimately pay for storage, and may ask for some of that cost for any longer period also....
I for one wont be doing it, I am looking forward to getting my car on my Bday, July 16th ! ahaha. screw the 30 days...

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Considering that it now looks likely no one will get a car until perhaps the third or fourth week of July. How much of a big deal is it getting a 22 plate, compared to delaying the collection to September to get a 72 plate. Is it really going to affect future residuals ?
Doesn’t bother me at all it’s a car it will lose money , just get it home and enjoy it

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
True that.View attachment 6598View attachment 6599
Went to look at some M3s and M4s as well. They look reasonable value in the current market at 70k!
Had a new m4 comp last year as a courtesy car as my c63s was in for work.
Would never buy one in my life time , sound was rubbish due the soft limiters and sound restrictions I was gutted . They do look stunning though and handle real well

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Had a new m4 comp last year as a courtesy car as my c63s was in for work.
Would never buy one in my life time , sound was rubbish due the soft limiters and sound restrictions I was gutted . They do look stunning though and handle real well
Good to know. Pretty similar experience with my M2 Comp. Needed 10k spending on it to make it perfect.
I was hoping that wouldn't be the case with the Emira (still am..)

This does look like value though...

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good to know. Pretty similar experience with my M2 Comp. Needed 10k spending on it to make it perfect.

That is great value to be honest .
After the m4 I got a new c63s and this was another level my previous c63 was a non s and 4 years older and was the better car , sound , gear change , and just raw driving was so much better so I sold the new one and made good money and then ordered the emira as I have a 2 seater itch to scratch, the problem I have is I love the sound , and if it doesn’t sound right then it will be gone, the v6 does nothing for me at all and the i4 4 pot is a non starter!
After having the v8 under the bonnet I think the long term car for me will be v10 , most likely a huracan spider 👌🏽
Just have to see how I get on in the emira and if I can get over the lack of space .
All in all good times a head.
If you are bmw all the way or are looking at changing up into a m3-m4 then I highly recommend taking a c63s out and just have a drive with the windows down in sort plus or race . The car is just stunning and great value for the money 👌🏽

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That is great value to be honest .
After the m4 I got a new c63s and this was another level my previous c63 was a non s and 4 years older and was the better car , sound , gear change , and just raw driving was so much better so I sold the new one and made good money and then ordered the emira as I have a 2 seater itch to scratch, the problem I have is I love the sound , and if it doesn’t sound right then it will be gone, the v6 does nothing for me at all and the i4 4 pot is a non starter!
After having the v8 under the bonnet I think the long term car for me will be v10 , most likely a huracan spider 👌🏽
Just have to see how I get on in the emira and if I can get over the lack of space .
All in all good times a head.
If you are bmw all the way or are looking at changing up into a m3-m4 then I highly recommend taking a c63s out and just have a drive with the windows down in sort plus or race . The car is just stunning and great value for the money 👌🏽
I do love the noise of the C63s. Just not quite as dynamically sharp as the equivalent new M car.
To be honest at that money it would be Porsche or Emira/Evora still.
I'm expecting to spend a little £££ on exhaust mods already for the Emira to really awaken it

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I do love the noise of the C63s. Just not quite as dynamically sharp as the equivalent new M car.
To be honest at that money it would be Porsche or Emira/Evora still.
I'm expecting to spend a little £££ on exhaust mods already for the Emira to really awaken it
I completing agree , I know 100% the BMWs handling would smash the merc but I couldn’t lose the noise.
Interested to hear what mods for the exhaust you have in mind?
Where are you based ?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 at moment.
Just going to wait and see what 'the call' says about delays and delivery and take from there.
If I can test drive in meantime then brilliant.
Big list of cars to go at for 80k. Just not all of them new.
Just about to go and look at F Types as I'm a bit bored 😴 😅 Not really what I want, but thought I'd take a

I think it’s a lot of car for that price - yes like everything these day exhaust sound not spectacular- I’m maybe biased I’ve had one. I also love the green colour. I would get one with the carbon exterior and carbon seats though they are gorgeous

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I completing agree , I know 100% the BMWs handling would smash the merc but I couldn’t lose the noise.
Interested to hear what mods for the exhaust you have in mind?
Where are you based ?
I'm in Derbyshire.
I'd start with 3rd Cat delete and see if that was enough.
If not will just have to wait for the aftermarket back boxes to hit the market

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think it’s a lot of car for that price - yes like everything these day exhaust sound not spectacular- I’m maybe biased I’ve had one. I also love the green colour. I would get one with the carbon exterior and carbon seats though they are gorgeous
That has all of that 😁 It has the Ultimate package that adds all the carbon and costs 15k... lol
LOVE that green. What I wanted for the Lotus

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That has all of that 😁 It has the Ultimate package that adds all the carbon and costs 15k... lol
LOVE that green. What I wanted for the Lotus
So either the photos or the write up is wrong then as it doesn’t have carbon seats or carbon exterior. Yes the ultimate pack is 👌🏼The Laser lights are great

Attachments

• 55A3EA1E-8554-4E29-A2B5-E996A211C82E.jpeg
    55A3EA1E-8554-4E29-A2B5-E996A211C82E.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 29

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So either the photos or the write up is wrong then as it doesn’t have carbon seats or carbon exterior. Yes the ultimate pack is 👌🏼The Laser lights are great
I stand corrected probably why it's cheaper