Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
we’re running out of time to get notices this week, Unless the email with the video was the notification they were referring to

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The email and video was the general update about the delays. Individual contact with people previously told July delivery will be over the next 2-3 weeks. Delays are between "a few weeks" for some and "much longer" for others.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The email and video was the general update about the delays. Individual contact with people previously told July delivery will be over the next 2-3 weeks. Delays are between "a few weeks" for some and "much longer" for others.
👍

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Considering that it now looks likely no one will get a car until perhaps the third or fourth week of July. How much of a big deal is it getting a 22 plate, compared to delaying the collection to September to get a 72 plate. Is it really going to affect future residuals ?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Considering that it now looks likely no one will get a car until perhaps the third or fourth week of July. How much of a big deal is it getting a 22 plate, compared to delaying the collection to September to get a 72 plate. Is it really going to affect future residuals ?
forgetting all other factors which may come into play...... the difference is generally about 500-800 pounds the day you sell the car, but yes there are many other factors that could also impact.
I for one wont be waiting for the simply reason I am only in the UK for August, so I "need" my car asap...
Otherwise, I would probably wait and possibly see a few initial issues sorted, but I hope there wont be any....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Big for most I imagine.
Then for those not running it all year round you have 2 maybe 2.5 months motoring in the UK before SORNing.
Base car is looking more and more attractive....

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Big for most I imagine.
Then for those not running it all year round you have 2 maybe 2.5 months motoring in the UK before SORNing.
Base car is looking more and more attractive....
Fingers crossed for you. I think they’d be better off calling U.K. customers ASAP to discuss timings with them. I’m sure many will take delivery in August, if that’s when they come, but others might want to shift to September. Which might be helpful to everyone.

But i suspect they can only do that if they have certainty over the first X cars delivery window.

Given the calls will give 30 days notice for delivery, the first car won’t be delivered until 20 July at the earliest now. Leaving just 10 working days of July to deliver more.

Given the video took a week to release (based on what it said) and it was still worth releasing it gives me the feeling that August may see some cars delivered but some won’t.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Missing out on the car for 4-5 weeks, when I could have it, sounds horrific to me! :)

I am hoping to enjoy the car in August and September a LOT. If the car gets delayed from end of July to September then even that might make me think. It's a weekend thrill car. I did not want it over the winter.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for you. I think they’d be better off calling U.K. customers ASAP to discuss timings with them. I’m sure many will take delivery in August, if that’s when they come, but others might want to shift to September. Which might be helpful to everyone.

But i suspect they can only do that if they have certainty over the first X cars delivery window.

Given the calls will give 30 days notice for delivery, the first car won’t be delivered until 20 July at the earliest now. Leaving just 10 working days of July to deliver more.

Given the video took a week to release (based on what it said) and it was still worth releasing it gives me the feeling that August may see some cars delivered but some won’t.
I hope they sort it sooner rather than later.
If I'm being honest I think I'm over it due to power reductions, rpm of 6600 and softer overall ergonomics. This is not a car #forthedrivers anymore (if it ever was) It seems Lotus is all about #allthedrivers. I will give it the benefit of the doubt if it comes next month. Otherwise I'm over it.
Mate picked up a 991 GT3 today and that put it into perspective. I thought I'd maybe get a junior version of that, but deep down I know that isn't the case. I don't want to be getting out of my GR Yaris and being underwhelmed at the weekend.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ll pay and delay to 1st September, even with my private plate, delaying 4-5 weeks and saving a grand appeals to me.
Sorry if I’m being slow but how does a that save a grand? Just don’t want to waste money if I don’t have to!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It means possibly a bit less depreciation when you sell it. If you’re keeping it for more than 12 months then mileage and condition will probably be more relevant.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I hope they sort it sooner rather than later.
If I'm being honest I think I'm over it due to power reductions, rpm of 6600 and softer overall ergonomics. This is not a car #forthedrivers anymore (if it ever was) It seems Lotus is all about #allthedrivers. I will give it the benefit of the doubt if it comes next month. Otherwise I'm over it.
Mate picked up a 991 GT3 today and that put it into perspective. I thought I'd maybe get a junior version of that, but deep down I know that isn't the case. I don't want to be getting out of my GR Yaris and being underwhelmed at the weekend.
Leonard so are you also waiting until you have a test and ride what if she doesn’t live up to your expectations will you still be going through with the purchase ? I think I’m 40% chance car will excite me enough / think it delivers £80k of excitement. If not I’ll be stuck what to get as I deffo don’t want a Porsche.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Leonard so are you also waiting until you have a test and ride what if she doesn’t live up to your expectations will you still be going through with the purchase ? I think I’m 40% chance car will excite me enough / think it delivers £80k of excitement. If not I’ll be stuck what to get as I deffo don’t want a Porsche.
I'm 50/50 at moment.
Just going to wait and see what 'the call' says about delays and delivery and take from there.
If I can test drive in meantime then brilliant.
Big list of cars to go at for 80k. Just not all of them new.
Just about to go and look at F Types as I'm a bit bored 😴 😅 Not really what I want, but thought I'd take a look.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 at moment.
Just going to wait and see what 'the call' says about delays and delivery and take from there.
If I can test drive in meantime then brilliant.
Big list of cars to go at for 80k. Just not all of them new.
Just about to go and look at F Types as I'm a bit bored 😴 😅 Not really what I want, but thought I'd take a look.
80k buys s chunk of used cars though shame the used price market is inflated.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts