Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

sslater006

Reaction score
I feel today is the day when some will receive their call...
I hope you're right! With the 30-day notice period, it currently means the earliest delivery for the first customers would be 16th July so I'm now assuming that my 'August' delivery is very unlikely to be the first half of August - which means I may as well wait another couple of weeks to get a September registration... I know people will say, "just relax, it will arrive eventually" but honestly, the wait is killing me!!!

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hope you're right! With the 30-day notice period, it currently means the earliest delivery for the first customers would be 16th July so I'm now assuming that my 'August' delivery is very unlikely to be the first half of August - which means I may as well wait another couple of weeks to get a September registration... I know people will say, "just relax, it will arrive eventually" but honestly, the wait is killing me!!!
i'm in the same boat mate, due to the hike in 2nd hand prices I sold my 718 Cayman last July and placed my Emira deposit and have been driving a borrowed caddy van since, I cant take anymore of the van I need my Emira!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Where are those disposable paper cups and long piece of string when you need them!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
i'm in the same boat mate, due to the hike in 2nd hand prices I sold my 718 Cayman last July and placed my Emira deposit and have been driving a borrowed caddy van since, I cant take anymore of the van I need my Emira!
Imagine how epic its going to feel in comparison though!
I do that with almost all of my sports cars anyway (or have for past 8 years)
Like to run a shit box commuter ie sub 800 quid Skoda Fabia 1.9tdis are my frugal car of choice 😅
When you hop out of that into your main car on a sunny day or at the weekend your 400bhp suddenly feels more than enough!
Trouble is finding a Skoda Fabia for less than 1500 quid now though 🤑🤯

sslater006

Reaction score
I did exactly that too - sold my Audit TTS last July for a profit and have been driving a Ranger as a company car longing for the Emira...!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Here’s an update I just received from my dealer. A message confirming delays. 1st customer car rolled of the production line on the 10th of June….
Ah man 😖
Respect to Matt for taking that one on the chin and actually putting this message out there👍
It very much sounds like individual component issues then, so delays may well be on a case by case specification basis.
Why do I think my silver wheels are going to cost me dearly...

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ah man 😖
Respect to Matt for taking that one on the chin and actually putting this message out there👍
It very much sounds like individual component issues then, so delays may well be on a case by case specification basis.
Legend this one ☝️ has silver wheels 🛞 fingers crossed 🤞 for another set for you 😊

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ah man 😖
I'm on silver too

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I did exactly that too - sold my Audit TTS last July for a profit and have been driving a Ranger as a company car longing for the Emira...!
I'm sure your Ranger is a far better solution that my 10 year old Volkswagen Caddy! To be fair I'm borrowing it and getting free motoring so I should not complain, just originally when I sold my Cayman I was under the impression "Spring 2022 earliest, Summer 2022 latest" now it looks like Autumn 2022 is the most likely timeframe.

sslater006

Reaction score
I'm sure your Ranger is a far better solution that my 10 year old Volkswagen Caddy! To be fair I'm borrowing it and getting free motoring so I should not complain, just originally when I sold my Cayman I was under the impression "Spring 2022 earliest, Summer 2022 latest" now it looks like Autumn 2022 is the most likely timeframe.
Yes I'm actually used to trudging around in the Ranger now - very practical! Funnily enough if you go on the configurator on the Lotus website today it still says "Spring 2022"...

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I feel today is the day when some will receive their call...
I’m not so sure we can’t receive two sets of communication from Lotus in one day 😳😱😬😮😲
I may start to hyper ventilate ( there’s a first time for everything no ? Lol 🤯😨
Think this is our fill for today to gear us up for maybe more slight delays - like Matt says don’t contact us we’ll contact you doh 🙄

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This would be an ideal opportunity for Lotus to reward customers for their patience by offering free coloured stitching and stripe on manual spec sterring wheels! (y)
And delaying the car by another 3 months 😅
Free factory pick up or half a driving day experience (as per Porsche purchases) would be greatly appreciated though Lotus if you are listening 👍