Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So can one assume that if any customer deliveries are to be in july the call will be next week, I’m just getting a bit paranoid every time my phone rings!
Also can anyone remember exactly what time (uk time) on the 6th July the site went live to make an order? Was it 2300hrs
Ha. Imagine running down the stairs to answer your ringing phone and it stops, and it there number. You call back and they 'Sorry, tried to get hold of you, we have now given that early slot to another person'.

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Ha. Imagine running down the stairs to answer your ringing phone and it stops, and it there number. You call back and they 'Sorry, tried to get hold of you, we have now given that early slot to another person'.
That‘s exactly the reason I carry my phone with me all the time!
It saves me the time running down the stairs and brake my legs so I couldn‘t drive my Emira for weeks while spending time in the hospital with broken legs. 😎😜🏁

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I am pretty relaxed about the delays, and I am sure Lotus are doing everything they possibly can to get the cars out the door, but the CS side is beyond a joke now. As things stand, if I was to fly Edinburgh - Southampton today, hire a car and go to the Lotus stand at Goodwood, it seems they would be happy to tell me my new estimated delivery month. When I contacted CS yesterday via Webchat , all I got was 'we have no further information, expect in email in the coming weeks'. Yes, 'the coming weeks', that old one :rolleyes: . This kind of sloppy inconsistency is just guaranteed to annoy customers. If anyone gets a chance to speak to Matt today or tomorrow, please point this out to him (again!) because the CS side really is letting them down badly, and compared to sorting out supply issues it surely can't be a difficult thing to resolve.
It's odd. The two people at the front of the stand put my name and postcode into the laptop and immediately reeled off my build slot change. When I first asked there was a knowing look between them as they said, "WE have some updates." Maybe I read too much into that but it was definitely 'a thing'.

To be more optimistic, perhaps some lines/orders on the database might say 'no information available from factory' and I was just lucky I wasn't one of them.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's odd. The two people at the front of the stand put my name and postcode into the laptop and immediately reeled off my build slot change. When I first asked there was a knowing look between them as they said, "WE have some updates." Maybe I read too much into that but it was definitely 'a thing'.

To be more optimistic, perhaps some lines/orders on the database might say 'no information available from factory' and I was just lucky I wasn't one of them.
The impression I got from CS yesterday was that they simply didn't have access to any further build slot information and it wasn't anything specific to my order. I'm in the first 170 deposits, so you would think my slot must be in the build plan somewhere. No quibbles with the CS staff who are unfailingly helpful - the issue clearly lies further up the chain. I'm still massively excited and positive about getting my Emira, but I just wish Lotus wouldn't keep shooting themselves in the foot like this with inept CS.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
From what I understand, I'm not getting my 30 day notification until 2087.

Has anyone with a V6 auto-box had a confirmed delay date yet? If my August/September delivery is moved out to December or worse I will regrettably be cancelling.

Sad times 😞
I have a V6 auto on order with a July 2022 build. I called CS yesterday. They expect to email me an update in 2 weeks following notification from production. They speculated (guessed) there is a 6 to 8-week delay but would confirm by email.

My experience of global supply and production/assembly over a 40 year period allows me to roll with the eventuallities ....... but remain frustrated.

It does amuse me how some see simple solutions to complex and fluid supply chain disruption, especially as transition is made from pre production to production tooling. Lotus are in the middle of a sH1t storm with little sway compared with the big players like VAG (Porsche). I have a Porsche on order, deposit paid, and they won't give me a production date. I have a Ferrari on order, deposit paid, and they say 8 months.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

It appears what I was told on Thursday - main LCC team have same info as Goodwood CC team - wasn't correct. Main LCC team will have the info next week.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
what I understand, I'm not getting my 30 day notification until 2087.
It’s lucky there’s
Has anyone with a V6 auto-box had a confirmed delay date yet? If my August/September delivery is moved out to December or worse I will regrettably be cancelling.

Sad times 😞
my auto has been pushed back two months from October to December (delivery)

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a V6 auto on order with a July 2022 build. I called CS yesterday. They expect to email me an update in 2 weeks following notification from production. They speculated (guessed) there is a 6 to 8-week delay but would confirm by email.

My experience of global supply and production/assembly over a 40 year period allows me to roll with the eventuallities ....... but remain frustrated.

It does amuse me how some see simple solutions to complex and fluid supply chain disruption, especially as transition is made from pre production to production tooling. Lotus are in the middle of a sH1t storm with little sway compared with the big players like VAG (Porsche). I have a Porsche on order, deposit paid, and they won't give me a production date. I have a Ferrari on order, deposit paid, and they say 8 months.
Ferrari aren’t sourcing any of their parts from China so aren’t affected in the same way as lotus and many other brands are. It just depends on your supply chain

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I suspect LCC have given you the generic 6-8 week delay answer and if you're Auto then it will unfortunately be longer.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
, but it is the CS area that is letting the face of the company down, get the CS front sorted and people won't mind waiting as such if they simply were told the reasons why,by their CS communication.
/\ THIS comes from the top down.
Those on the front line of customer support are only as good as the information they are given.
It's been pretty obvious everyone has been working in silos and there isn't someone in charge high enough up that cares and/or has ability to implement any change. They probably think they are doing a great job still looking at the order books as their only benchmark

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Sad times 😞
No one has had the 30 day confirmation yet to my knowledge. Tom was told mid august, but thats presumably still open to change until he gets he 30 day warning and request for payment/tradein/finance etc.
So it is, I would say, 100% unlikely anyone with auto has had the 30 day call either as that is the one confirmed component that is causing delays.....
Not to be doom and gloom, but I would think if manuals are delayed anywhere between 1-3 months, autos are looking worse and worse you would have to assume is 3-6... but I guess the auto people who were at last email July delivery, will be able to say more next week when they get an email....although as ever, it cant/wont be very specific.
@emiraspain I think you're answering the wrong question. No one has had a 30-day call but plenty of people are able to get updates on their delivery date - anyone going to Goodwood over these four days and then hopefully everyone next week. DJS was asking if anyone had indications of the updated delay for Auto folks.

Of course, until we each get our 30-day call we won't know a specific delivery date. But the latest known info (possibly still subject to changes) is there and in the process of being communicated.

As I've posted elsewhere and based on what other people are posting about what they've been told, I think the delay for pre-Goodwood 2021 deposits is 1-2 months and for Goodwood/after deposits is 2-3 months. Delays on Autos appear to be very dependent on where you are in the queue, so early deposits may be "only" 2 months but later deposits may be longer. We'll know more next week.

Reactions: DJS

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ferrari aren’t sourcing any of their parts from China so aren’t affected in the same way as lotus and many other brands are. It just depends on your supply chain
Sf90 Tesla charging ports aren’t available. My friends order was 18months ago and now looks like it will be a wi yet delivery if he is lucky which sucks as it’s a spyder but this is life. We will all get our cars we just need to breathe and relax 👌🏽

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sf90 Tesla charging ports aren’t available. My friends order was 18months ago and now looks like it will be a wi yet delivery if he is lucky which sucks as it’s a spyder but this is life. We will all get our cars we just need to breathe and relax 👌🏽
I agree. I’m super chilled about it. If it comes in December not October that just sounds like an amazing Christmas to me. Ho ho ho 😁

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree. I’m super chilled about it. If it comes in December not October that just sounds like an amazing Christmas to me. Ho ho ho 😁
Exactly the same thoughts , be nice to have it for spring, but with how the last two years have been in just very greatful and glad that I am fortunate enough to be here , survive , businesses are fluid and to have a new first edition emira on order ..
two years ago we wasn’t even aloud out our houses!
So yea I’m chilled and look forward to what’s to come 👌🏽

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
@emiraspain I think you're answering the wrong question. No one has had a 30-day call but plenty of people are able to get updates on their delivery date - anyone going to Goodwood over these four days and then hopefully everyone next week. DJS was asking if anyone had indications of the updated delay for Auto folks.

Of course, until we each get our 30-day call we won't know a specific delivery date. But the latest known info (possibly still subject to changes) is there and in the process of being communicated.

As I've posted elsewhere and based on what other people are posting about what they've been told, I think the delay for pre-Goodwood 2021 deposits is 1-2 months and for Goodwood/after deposits is 2-3 months. Delays on Autos appear to be very dependent on where you are in the queue, so early deposits may be "only" 2 months but later deposits may be longer. We'll know more next week.
Hi Tom, maybe that was his intention, although he does specifically ask re "Has anyone with a V6 auto-box had a confirmed delay date yet?" and not for the estimated indications which customer service are currently giving, unless I am misreading it or he has another post previous to this.
Hence I was thinking he was indeed talking about the 30 day call, which is the only actual confirmation date as the rest are simply estimates right now and those estimates have changed a few times as we know.

Back to making my white chocolate cheesecake...

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Tom, maybe that was his intention, although he does specifically ask re "Has anyone with a V6 auto-box had a confirmed delay date yet?" and not for the estimated indications which customer service are currently giving, unless I am misreading it or he has another post previous to this.
Hence I was thinking he was indeed talking about the 30 day call, which is the only actual confirmation date as the rest are simply estimates right now and those estimates have changed a few times as we know.

Back to making my white chocolate cheesecake...
With raspberries I hope?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Yeah but what Porsche tell you will stick, all the people I know with Porsche on order are getting their cars brought forward.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if I’m just in a bad mood, but today is the first time since I began this process last July that I am super f***ing pissed off now.

Not been too phased by the delays, lack of information available, low levels of communication so far etc but to send out comms only a month or so ago saying delayed by a month only to potentially multiple that in the coming weeks. Don’t make promises or assurances you can’t keep, sending out emails that your car will be June/July build ready for August and then CS calling about handover details - only to flip it on its head a few weeks later is so unprofessional.

Rant over
we are all entitled to rant... and yes, you are right, although the post below yours is also right. Lotus have, and I am sure are doing a good job with a new car and a new factory, staff, suppliers etc and with all the world's troubles causing issues all over the place, in terms of both parts and prices and even perhaps staff.
However, what is clear, despite Lotus's good work, is that they are not managing the whole situation that well when it comes to painting the picture to its customers, as many of us have said and continue to say. Even this week at Goodwood when they give the message people can ask at goodwood or can call Lotus for the latest info, this was incorrect, as over the phone they didnt have that info, although one person seems to have got something. How many times are they going to shoot themselves in the foot. Its not a big deal of course, we will, some of us, get an email next week, but just check your facts before you go telling customers certain things, cross the t's and dot the i's a little more.

I understand it is a difficult picture to paint, but that in itself is painting a picture... I'd rather have a magma red picture painted badly than no picture at all, and I'd also rather have a bad magma red picture than entirely the wrong DV picture which then needs to be changed on a regular basis, if anyone follows that.

It was from the start, always better to give us worse news than maybe and hopefully correct news and then disappoint us, time and time again. Dear customer, We currently have a 6 month delay due to xxx, yyy, zzzz, we will give you a monthly update on whether this is brought forward or pushed back.. how hard would that have been?
Spring deliveries delayed by 6 months (october)... and then the good news, first customer cars delivered 2 months early in August!! Better than Spring, wrong, then June, wrong, then July, wrong, then September... maybe.
Its common sense and its being managed badly with no excuses for not using some basic customer service management of expectations. As others have said, get the bad news out there asap..... and if you are not sure about it, well get it out anyway, as its always better to give good news at the end, rather than more bad news...

Likewise rant over..for the moment

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
With raspberries I hope?
I have rasberries and blueberries and I intend to write an attractive neighbours name on top, out of said fruit...before presenting her a bit...of the cake. Yes she is single and yes I am too... hence the lotus of course haha. You can but try!

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have rasberries and blueberries and I intend to write an attractive neighbours name on top, out of said fruit...before presenting her a bit...of the cake. Yes she is single and yes I am too... hence the lotus of course haha. You can but try!
Blueberries? What are you doing? Madness. Raspberries only 😆