Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Blueberries? What are you doing? Madness. Raspberries only šŸ˜†
well she can take them off ..the blueberries I mean... if she doesnt like them.

I also added some gelatina powder, never done that before... to give it a little firmness... no comment.... and so I will see how that comes out.... of the fridge.... in 4 5 hours.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Itā€™s lucky thereā€™s

my auto has been pushed back two months from October to December (delivery)
My cut off for delivery will be November anything after that I have to cancel due to personal circumstances, unfortunately my Eletre will have to go as well as my plan B 992 GTS with Aero kit kicks in and that won't allow me to have both due to the cost.

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My cut for delivery will be November anything after that I have to cancel due to personal circumstances, unfortunately my Eletre will have to go as well as my plan B 992 GTS with Aero kit kicks in and that won't allow me to have both due to the cost.
Are porsche confirming delivery of that for Novermber? I suppose until about 6 weeks before, that may not be 100% certain either, if memory serves me.. I cancelled with them last year due to similar and multiple delays..

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
. I have a Porsche on order, deposit paid, and they won't give me a production date. I have a Ferrari on order, deposit paid, and they say 8 months.
I think that's the thing though. Just tell be up front and honest. Don't try and sugar coat it, no need to protect the order book. Some will drop out, others will pick it up.
I'd rather be told "your June car will arrive in Feb. We are very sorry but it's supplier parts supply and out of our control". You can move on then and cancel and make new plans as required to fit in with actual delivery. And if you have no idea, then again fine, update when you do

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Porsche will let you pull out last minute if there is another taker for the vehicle, its actually a December delivery, like I said in a previous post a lot or cars are getting brought forward now so that would really throw a spanner in the works with the Emira if it did.

Straight up id rather have the Emira as already in a 992 S at the moment that goes end of next month,( Had 2 years) also having the Emira allows me to have the Eletre too :-D

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I suspect LCC have given you the generic 6-8 week delay answer and if you're Auto then it will unfortunately be longer.
The CS guy was pretty clear that a production plan would be issued to CS in one or two weeks' time which will result in email pings to customers......but that is what he understands internally......which may change as we know.

He was looking at my file and commented on the spec......hesitated when he read auto box.......ahhhhhhh

Ian C

Reaction score
Yes, I am pretty relaxed about the delays, and I am sure Lotus are doing everything they possibly can to get the cars out the door, but the CS side is beyond a joke now. As things stand, if I was to fly Edinburgh - Southampton today, hire a car and go to the Lotus stand at Goodwood, it seems they would be happy to tell me my new estimated delivery month. When I contacted CS yesterday via Webchat , all I got was 'we have no further information, expect in email in the coming weeks'. Yes, 'the coming weeks', that old one :rolleyes: . This kind of sloppy inconsistency is just guaranteed to annoy customers. If anyone gets a chance to speak to Matt today or tomorrow, please point this out to him (again!) because the CS side really is letting them down badly, and compared to sorting out supply issues it surely can't be a difficult thing to resolve.
Maybe give them a call, I spoke to them yesterday and they were very helpful. Gave me a more accurate timescale and said I would get a call after Goodwood with more details

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think that's the thing though. Just tell be up front and honest. Don't try and sugar coat it, no need to protect the order book. Some will drop out, others will pick it up.
I'd rather be told "your June car will arrive in Feb. We are very sorry but it's supplier parts supply and out of our control". You can move on then and cancel and make new plans as required to fit in with actual delivery. And if you have no idea, then again fine, update when you do
Maybe Lotus are being honest.....they genuinely believed their plan, believed their suppliers! Maybe its plain poor judgement, naivety or the fickle finger of fate that the World has gone tits up.

Porker are big enough, experienced enough and arrogant enough to say we will let you know when we decide we know!

Just saying.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The CS guy was pretty clear that a production plan would be issued to CS in one or two weeks' time which will result in email pings to customers......but that is what he understands internally......which may change as we know.

He was looking at my file and commented on the spec......hesitated when he read auto box.......ahhhhhhh
Will be worth the wait šŸ‘ŒšŸ½

sslater006

Reaction score
That's correct, no one has had the 30 day call yet. If you've got a UK deposit then you should have had an email last week with a link to a video with Matt Windle explaining that there are further delays "from a few weeks to much longer". It now looks like dealer demo cars are delayed to end July and first customer deliveries will either be late July or (more likely) into August.

Early deposits (pre-Goodwood) appear to be delayed 1-2 months, deposits at Goodwood and later look like 2-3 months. Auto gearboxes are bigger delays. First i4s also appear to be delayed into early 2023. People should get calls/emails starting from next week with more individual information.

Thanks @TomE for taking the time to answer my question - youā€™re the man.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspect I am a very early slot as i placed a dealer deposit way before the lotus site opened for deposits maybe April last year cant remember. I think it was the day the name was released. My last call from CS was about a month ago saying its just a few weeks off now july worst case Aug. Its an Auto. I have not seen anything auto yet thats shaped like an emira! no press car mules anything. Doesn't bode well.
I was Ok now I'm getting a bit titted off. Fingers crossed they have a handful of auto boxes on a shelf somewhere that didn't make it into an evora :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've seen completed validation cars with auto gearboxes at Hethel, so they've got some gearboxes. With you being a very early deposit there's a small chance you may have less of a delay than later auto deposits. You should get more info next week.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've seen completed validation cars with auto gearboxes at Hethel, so they've got some gearboxes. With you being a very early deposit there's a small chance you may have less of a delay than later auto deposits. You should get more info next week.
Cheers Tom I'm trying to remain optimistic

Reaction score
I suspect I am a very early slot as i placed a dealer deposit way before the lotus site opened for deposits maybe April last year cant remember. I think it was the day the name was released. My last call from CS was about a month ago saying its just a few weeks off now july worst case Aug. Its an Auto. I have not seen anything auto yet thats shaped like an emira! no press car mules anything. Doesn't bode well.
I was Ok now I'm getting a bit titted off. Fingers crossed they have a handful of auto boxes on a shelf somewhere that didn't make it into an evora :)
I'm in same situation with early order (11th March) with auto.

G

Guest142

Dear God I hope this is the case.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's definitely flash of headlights and a cheery wave.

Always used to be a problem with Esprits and Elans, as the delay on the headlights popping up usually meant you'd passed the other driver before they got to see the flash. Hence the wave as backup.
Or if you had one sluggish pop-up headlight as with my old eclat the flash turned into a dodgy wink!

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Are we going to be put out of our misery today with a phone call or email
Yesterday I emailed customer service to ask where Iā€™m at and was told to now expect a Sep delivery (August build). I placed my deposit on launch day. Seneca, Manual, no privacy glass, Alcantara, Tracker & Black wheelsā€¦

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts