Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I received this which seems to say….please be patient and we will let you know….I’ve never heard that unprecedented demand led to production delays!

Dear Roundincircles

All deliveries for the Emira have been delayed. This is due to the unprecedented demand we have received which has had a knock on effect with production and capacity.
The factory is 6-8 weeks behind on their production schedule. We last updated you that your car was due for build in July, so it is now scheduled for 6-8 weeks later than that. This means your estimated build month will now be September.

If there is anything I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,

I got the same reply to my email enquiry today, word for word, although it was 6 to 8 weeks on top of my original June delivery, not the revised July delivery (i.e delivery now August). So, looks like this is just a cut and paste response and CS don't yet have access to the the customer specific delivery information they were using at Goodwood or are choosing not to use it. Why is anybody's guess.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
not qutie related, but maybe....
here is my response from driving academy regarding my date for the day, which is actually the 29th of july, not the start of august as they indicated. They dont know much, but feel they will have the cars to start around then.... just fyi more than anything else and in case others have a date for this before the end of July, I would be looking at altering it maybe....

I hope you are well and apologies for the delay in coming back to you. Thank you ever so much for your email regarding your Driving Experience with us; as you can imagine it is very hard given the current global circumstances to provide a definitive answer, however we are extremely hopeful for no delays to Lotus Cars Driving Academy. We are working our hardest to ensure all is ready.

With this being said to answer your question there is availability should you wish to move your Driving Experience to the end of August, please just let me know and I can help with this. I would advise sticking with the start of August for now.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At Goodwood I was told by the representatives my car (initially June, then July delivery) would now likely be a September delivery. They said potentially a handful of cars may be delivered in August, but most deliveries would now be beginning in September. Very interesting to hear some are still being told early August!

My spec is V6 Manual, sport suspension with Cup 2s, Magma Red, black pack, yellow callipers, alcantara with yellow stitch, leather steering wheel, diamond cut wheels, privacy glass.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
At Goodwood I was told by the representatives my car (initially June, then July delivery) would now likely be a September delivery. They said potentially a handful of cars may be delivered in August, but most deliveries would now be beginning in September. Very interesting to hear some are still being told early August!

My spec is V6 Manual, sport suspension with Cup 2s, Magma Red, black pack, yellow callipers, alcantara with yellow stitch, leather steering wheel, diamond cut wheels, privacy glass.
Yeh I have to say, no matter what the call/email may say this week, IF it comes this week, I will take it all with a pinch of salt until they call and say ok now its 30 DAYS warning!! Before this moment, it's a bit of smoke and mirrors. September for me means I would probably not see the car at all, but thats life... No good moaning about it.

Kingslim

Reaction score
Has anyone established who got the nimbus customer car that Matt is standing in front of in his video, coming off the production line. If this really a customer car wouldnt it be out on the road by now?

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I received this which seems to say….please be patient and we will let you know….I’ve never heard that unprecedented demand led to production delays!

Dear Roundincircles

All deliveries for the Emira have been delayed. This is due to the unprecedented demand we have received which has had a knock on effect with production and capacity.
The factory is 6-8 weeks behind on their production schedule. We last updated you that your car was due for build in July, so it is now scheduled for 6-8 weeks later than that. This means your estimated build month will now be September.

If there is anything I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,
I received a word for word identical email today.

Originally June, now I assume October delivery

And made up statements that demand has affected production & capacity- bizarre!

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone established who got the nimbus customer car that Matt is standing in front of in his video, coming off the production line. If this really a customer car wouldnt it be out on the road by now?
I understand it was for Arthur Dent.

Marvin The Paranoid Android and Zaphod Beeblebrox are pissed off they have to wait.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am being told my June then July delivery is now an August build and September delivery :(

Given the experience so far I am not sure how much confidence I should have in that being met.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I'm taking the August delivery in my email today with a large pinch of salt. I'm not convinced CS have the latest build slot information, and even if they do that is probably in a state of flux anyway. I'll be happy with September, especially as that is often a relatively good weather month in Scotland :) Any earlier is a bonus.

Nice spec BTW!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
jimbobc said:
Does anyone know if the first i4s need to be confirmed by Friday 1st July (spec wise). Don't see the point of giving them another £3k now if it is definitely delayed

I think it's reasonable to ask them if that deadline still applies given they are delaying delivery dates.
I did just that this morning - they confirmed that my "first batch i4" Dec delivery is now Jan but spec will still be locked in on Thursday (30th June) - I paid 2nd deposit in April .....

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

When was your original deposit? It looks like initial ramp up is going to be much slower than they first thought, as people in the original June batch are now being told Aug, Sep and Oct.

Remember June was originally going to be a large batch, as they thought type approval was going to be the main factor delaying release of the first customer cars, so they'd planned to pre-build cars before TA was achieved - something like 400-450 cars built in April, May and June for June delivery. It now looks like those 400 are spread across 3 or more months, so maybe only 100/150/150 per month?

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When was your original deposit? It looks like initial ramp up is going to be much slower than they first thought, as people in the original June batch are now being told Aug, Sep and Oct.

Remember June was originally going to be a large batch, as they thought type approval was going to be the main factor delaying release of the first customer cars, so they'd planned to pre-build cars before AT was achieved - something like 400-450 cars built in April, May and June for June delivery. It now looks like those 400 are spread across 3 or more months, so maybe only 100/150/150 per month?
Sounds about right. I think we had deduced that the July batch moved from June was about 170 in size, so that could be now whittled down to an August batch of 100.

I'd love to know how much of the slower ramp up is due to parts shortages and how much is more to do with ironing out production process and quality issues. If it is the latter it is probably a good thing Lotus are taking the extra time to get it right. There is such a huge well of excitement and anticipation after all this time that they really can't afford to disappoint with quality slip ups.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Remember June was originally going to be a large batch, as they thought type approval was going to be the main factor delaying release of the first customer cars, so they'd planned to pre-build cars before AT was achieved - something like 400-450 cars built in April, May and June for June delivery. It now looks like those 400 are spread across 3 or more months, so maybe only 100/150/150 per month?

I don't know when the original deposit was, I got offered a cancellation slot. At Goodwood though they did tell me I'll "still be one of the first" and although they wouldn't tell me a number position, it was "up there". Quite annoying as I have no reference to compare to others with deposit date, but it is still earlier than my original 12th July deposit would have been so overall still pleased. I was more confused that they told me only an extremely small number would be delivered in August if any with the rest following later, and others (including yourself) at the same event were told different.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
For CS to say the delay is caused by unprecedented customer demand reveals a lack of management experience .....or naivety about customer management. It's revealing. Plus the top management is not in control of the CS performance ( or is naive/ignorant of the impact).

Be hard on the issue, soft on the people.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For CS to say the delay is caused by unprecedented customer demand reveals a lack of management experience .....or naivety about customer management. It's revealing. Plus the top management is not in control of the CS performance ( or is naive/ignorant of the impact).

Be hard on the issue, soft on the people.

It’s just someone talking utter rubbish who is controlling comms.

(. )o(. ) ….. arse

💪🏼 …. Elbow

Reactions: DJS

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

My deposit was paid on launch day (at the end of the day). Initially was told to expect a June delivery date, then July and now September.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
My deposit was paid on launch day (at the end of the day). Initially was told to expect a June delivery date, then July and now September.
out of curiosity, when you say now, you have had an email this week? you have called in? you spoke to them at goodwood?
WHen you say september, they have said september delivery or build, as we know, the two are slightly different from previous emails..

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
out of curiosity, when you say now, you have had an email this week? you have called in? you spoke to them at goodwood?
WHen you say september, they have said september delivery or build, as we know, the two are slightly different from previous emails..
I emailed yesterday to ask and no I didn’t get to Goodwood. Here’s what the email said…

“With your new delivery estimation, your car is estimated to finish production in August and be ready for delivery in September.

We will confirm your revised delivery estimation in official communication which will be sent out within the upcoming weeks.”

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I emailed yesterday to ask and no I didn’t get to Goodwood. Here’s what the email said…

“With your new delivery estimation, your car is estimated to finish production in August and be ready for delivery in September.

We will confirm your revised delivery estimation in official communication which will be sent out within the upcoming weeks.”
ok, well, its does not seem as specific as some other people have mentioned from goodwood, so maybe its not the "official" update, but at this stage, as I said yesterday, I think the official update is still very much an approximation which is likely to change again. And only when we get the real 30 day phone call or email will anything mean much...
fingers crossed