V6 FE dyno results and weight

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's only fun on the track, like a video game!
Correction: it's only legal on the track... but it's fun everywhere! 😁

I personally love piling into corners with a couple of good down-blips, regardless of speed, but hey... different strokes.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Think you don't get the point. The Emira i4 is not just a 4 cylinder. It's a EU6 conform 4 cylinder with cats, OPF, noise limitations, ... And Lotus will make only one Version that complies to all types of different regs. So everybody of you, no matter where you live, will get a car that complies to our German/European noise regs ;) Much fun with that. I just looked up the regs: 73 Db max, no matter if the flaps are open or closed. And the sound tuning will be a deep, monotone noise with many farting sounds. Sad as it is. The engine itself is really great.
Oh I get the point, you are down on the i4 and modern emission regs muffling turbo 4's.

Meh, I don't care. the i4 will be the Emira to have, the turbo engine will give the torque rush that the V6 is missing, far more potential for tuning, better emissions, lower tax and probably better handling. Works for me but equally happy for those that want the V6. I was tempted as I would be getting my car in the next few weeks instead of August '23 (maybe) but I always wanted the i4 from day 1 and will also benefit from some of the basic car snagging that the first deliveries are seeing.

SPoivre

Reaction score
I think they have already significantly upgraded the air flow/cooling in the engine bay just to accommodate the i4. (which will dissipate much more heat than the v6) .
Really? I haven’t seen a prototype, demo or squat regarding the I4. Can you point me in the right direction?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I suspect the i4 will be the better car, but it still won't be the one to have.

Now, manual V6 -AND- an i4 Emira 450 Cup... that is a good combo.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
353 wheel HP would be almost 420 engine HP. That assumes 15% drive train loss which is at the low end of what is normally found. So that is pretty impressive! Unless I'm reading something wrong.

That actually seems about right. Don't assume 15% drivetrain loss, that's really high, especially since this is a rear engine/rwd car. Seems about right for a 10% drivetrain loss.

Now the real question: what will Komotec release for the car? I'm interested in intake/high-flow cat (or maybe even 3rd cat delete) and tune. That was good for around 460hp on the Evora. If We can get that I'm all over it.

Related to this thread: https://www.komo-tec.com/en/blog/news/news-emira-tech-405hp/420nm

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This chart shows a drivetrain loss of 12% which is about what I expected. Going with better quality gear oils should lower that to 10%, which would be a gain of about 7 hp to the rear wheels.

It's going to be interesting to see what Komotec does with their tune.

I've missed you and your speculations, Eagle!! :)

You're not picking up 7hp by changing gear oils, sorry bud :)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
1669052229646.png

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Might be because the low end torque does not roll on until about 3K and peaks around 4.5K. The car's gearing is selected for optimal performance in the higher ranges where the torque is higher, so it's going to feel a little flat pulling away from a stop light.

The torque you're seeing is a function of the RPM at the beginning of the pull and the roller dyno. You can rest assured the torque doesn't roll on that quickly at 3k, it starts much lower, but you need to be on a proper brake dyno for that.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Really? I haven’t seen a prototype, demo or squat regarding the I4. Can you point me in the right direction?
Mostly info in this forum from @TomE , if you search "i4 cooling" there will be various pieces of info throughout in multiple threads.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The torque you're seeing is a function of the RPM at the beginning of the pull and the roller dyno. You can rest assured the torque doesn't roll on that quickly at 3k, it starts much lower, but you need to be on a proper brake dyno for that.
The Superflow they use is a proper eddy current brake dyno, they have a sweep mode that is used to create these charts. It’s not a garbage dynojet inertial dyno.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Haha, where you been man? So should I call the dyno operator and tell him his dyno is faulty when I gained almost 9 hp to the rear wheels on my Camaro after changing out the gear oils?

I've been traveling a lot and investing time in other hobbies :)

No way you gained 9hp to the rear wheels after changing out gear oil unless the main ingredient in the oil you took out was tar

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Autobild Sports cars weighed the Emira with 1482kg. Seems to be the real weight is rather 1480’ish with a full tank of fuel.

And 411hp @6750rpm.

4,6s 0-100kph but 17s 0-200kph which is a bit disappointing.

Fast shifting also seems to be an issue on the hunt for fastet lap times.

1:37,33 @ Eurospeedway Lausitz. But it has to be said this is a rather fast circuit where horsepower is king.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As there are more and more Emiras delivered to customers, has anyone further already put the Emira on the scales?

Preferably with a full tank of fuel? I would like to get more comparable data. Much appreciated! :)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s not a garbage dynojet inertial dyno.
FYI you can spec a DynoJet with a full eddy current resistance module on each drum, that makes it a hybrid inertial/brake dyno. I used to operate one.

Screenshot_20230203-082606.png

Works very well and only gave up a slight bit of resolution and control response to the Dynapack I ran previously.