V6 FE dyno results and weight

mrmoogee

Reaction score
Are we now getting excited and celebrating the fact that the car we are buying is actually putting out the manufacturer quoted power figures? 🤔
If so I can get behind that... 😅🤩
we are also getting excited about some more stripped out variants that "could" be released in future shedding some weight, the real final swan song Emira's... Cups/GTs or whatever they might be called... :D

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
we are also getting excited about some more stripped out variants that "could" be released in future shedding some weight, the real final swan song Emira's... Cups/GTs or whatever they might be called... :D

rather some of us are celebrating that some people cannot comment anything negative (again)

Imagine this forum if this dynorun would have thrown 2 bhp less than official stats! Men a very tragic days here sure for some guys 🤣🤣

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
rather some of us are celebrating that some people cannot comment anything negative (again)

Imagine this forum if this dynorun would have thrown 2 bhp less than official stats! Men a very tragic days here sure for some guys 🤣🤣
dont worry, we will soon have actual 0-60's to complain about.... haha

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are we now getting excited and celebrating the fact that the car we are buying is actually putting out the manufacturer quoted power figures? 🤔
If so I can get behind that... 😅🤩
No, I still want the other 400 rippums.

• Haha
Reactions: ADC

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I reckon Komotec upgrades will be available pretty quickly. No idea how they crack the encryption on the ECU, or why Lotus apparently don't mind given Komotec are also a dealer, but they've done it before. Their 435 remap for the Evora 400/410 looks very interesting. Meaningful gains in power and torque not just at the top end but all the way from 3500rpm. Add a decat pipe for a bit more noise, and hey presto, one very appealing tweaked V6 Emira for relatively small outlay.

2300-003-EX435-Upgrade-DiagrammcrF7X0zVGxpBO_600x600.jpg

Is there a chart showing wheel HP for this tune?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not on the website as far as I can see here

Interesting.. Some more info on the tune:

Main advantages:

• easy to upgrade
• significantly more torque (+40 Nm) and power (+30 hp) to the standard car

Performance phase "EV4-435" consisting of:

• Optimization of the standard softwarefile DEx435b (Ignition, injection maps and camshaft phase adjustment)
• OBD-Software Cable

WARNING: Kit requires the use of at least (or high quality) Super Plus fuel (ROZ98).

(That's 93 octane for us North Americans.)

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
All these people talking about upgrades, pushing power up to xxx.

I appreciate that gains can be had in lap times and the feeling of inertia, which is great BUT I drove the car aggressively in damp conditions on CUP2s and it was awesome and didnt budge the back wheels on measured acceleration. Not doubting you are all legendary drivers but if you add more power and/or make the suspension firmer you might well lose this uncanny Lotus handing and levels of grip. It might turn up to be slower! Just a thought :)

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please elaborate on your flat comments for some of us please. Is it the flat torque in the higher revs that we feel as users despite the linear power curve?
Might be because the low end torque does not roll on until about 3K and peaks around 4.5K. The car's gearing is selected for optimal performance in the higher ranges where the torque is higher, so it's going to feel a little flat pulling away from a stop light.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Main advantages:

• easy to upgrade

• Optimization of the standard softwarefile DEx435b (Ignition, injection maps and camshaft phase adjustment)
• OBD-Software Cable

WARNING: Kit requires the use of at least (or high quality) Super Plus fuel (ROZ98).

The big issue with upgrades is the cooling again.
I believe anything over 415bhp requires vented louvered rear hatch on the Evora. I cant see this being different on the Emira.
Get rid of the leaky boot lid issue though I guess... ;)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe anything over 415bhp requires vented louvered rear hatch on the Evora. I cant see this being different on the Emira.
I think they have already significantly upgraded the air flow/cooling in the engine bay just to accommodate the i4. (which will dissipate much more heat than the v6) I think going from the 400 to 430 BHP power pump will be fairly safe bet - anything more is different.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
An experienced operator knows the performance behaviors and characterics of their dyno, and can get pretty close on the estimate of the bhp. The factory numbers are usually available for the baseline comparison for the model being tested on the dyno.

Yes heavier wheels (or lighter) will change the whp. Anytime you take resistance out of the drivetrain, wheels, brakes, etc., you'll see an improvement in whp, but that doesn't change the engine bhp.
Yes, I know all that. As I said, I've had many cars on a dyno before and after mods. A dyno operator can only estimate engine HP by assuming a number for drivetrain loss; cannot get that info from the dyno. The operator can put in an estimate for % loss and give you an estimate of engine HP. But it is a guess and no experience from the operator can improve that unless he/she has taken a similar engine out of the car and measured it. So for a front-wheel drive or mid-engine car they assume a drivetrain loss of between 10-15% and give you an engine HP. Want more HP? Assume a higher drivetrain loss.

You seem to be confusing rotating inertia and drivetrain loss in the 2nd paragraph.

Not trying to start an argument here, just trying to clear up some facts. The wheel HP of the Emira was measured at 353 HP and that is impressive. The actual engine HP is not known and seems to be anything between around 400 and 415 HP.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Main advantages:

• easy to upgrade

• OBD-Software Cable

*crying in Californian*

Stelvio

Reaction score
Really good info. I have some scales myself and weighing it will be the first thing I will do when I get it.

I am quite happy with the results. Hits the numbers that Lotus advertised. If we find a way to loose 50 kilos and gain 50 hp, the car will really shine.
Tuned AMG 2.0 FTW!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Those definitely dyno on the high side in the spectrum of dynos.

Rollers always seemed to dyno on the lower range when compared to something like a Dynapak. For instance my STI put down 341whp on a dynapak, but 325 or something on the roller type (not sure what type or brand). Is this not typical?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, I know all that. As I said, I've had many cars on a dyno before and after mods. A dyno operator can only estimate engine HP by assuming a number for drivetrain loss; cannot get that info from the dyno. The operator can put in an estimate for % loss and give you an estimate of engine HP. But it is a guess and no experience from the operator can improve that unless he/she has taken a similar engine out of the car and measured it. So for a front-wheel drive or mid-engine car they assume a drivetrain loss of between 10-15% and give you an engine HP. Want more HP? Assume a higher drivetrain loss.

You seem to be confusing rotating inertia and drivetrain loss in the 2nd paragraph.

Not trying to start an argument here, just trying to clear up some facts. The wheel HP of the Emira was measured at 353 HP and that is impressive. The actual engine HP is not known and seems to be anything between around 400 and 415 HP.
I'm not really sure what your argument here is. You say 'estimate', I say 'calculate'. Yes it's a guess, we agree.

I wasn't confusing anything. They were two separate things.

There's a reason why 10-15% is the standard range; it's because of industry experience testing and measuring. By going with 12%, the average, that put the bhp at 401.1 which matches up with the factory claim of 400 bhp. There's no reason to assume it's too different from that. However if you want to, you certainly can.

No argument needed or intended, but I'm not going to get into a wrestling match over semantics. To each his own.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
On the Evora upgrades it's only if you go above 435hp. For Emira we're waiting for the published Komotec upgrade packages and there's better base level cooling already, so may only need a louvred hatch above 450hp.

The 430hp tune and 3rd decat is going to be a decent initial upgrade for the Emira, hopefully with the redline pushed a few 100 higher too.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts