• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Nelly's FE Magma

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just saw this thread and enjoyed the log and journey/photos! The magma red with the light grey (white) interior is a gorgeous combination.

How do you feel about the Elises, now that you've had some time with the Emira? I'm also a serial daily lotus elise addict (I've had several S2 elises here in the US along with an exige S, but bounced around due to the pros and cons of daily driving one, which you are well aware of). Do you miss them at all? I'm already kind of planning to get another Elise in a couple years as a second car, haha.

Sold my last S2 Elise (a silver 2009), briefly enjoyed a V8 Vantage GT (incredible car, and much more raw and visceral than I expected, but ultimately large and comfy, wanted something nimbler on its feet), and here I am in my Emira - just picked it up a couple weeks ago!

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Traffic was horrendous. Took 2 hours to get in. The organisation was appalling. Not enough food outlets either - they knew that there were 1400 display cars booked on, so no excuses.
Some fantastic cars there. More McLarens than I’ve seen in one place and an Enzo! Not sure I’ll be rushing back unless they get entry and exit sorted though. Lots of pictures on the SCiTP Facebook page.
Something does seem to have caught them out, hopefully they'll get it sorted in the future. I think they perhaps need to bring exhibitor entry earlier, overlapping exhibitor and visitor timings is never going to be the best! When I've displayed at the NECPWA classic car show at Newby Hall in the past (up to 1500 cars) they've needed display cars in by 10am.

I'll likely be taking my car down to the show in September, a smaller show so hopefully less chance of issues!

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just saw this thread and enjoyed the log and journey/photos! The magma red with the light grey (white) interior is a gorgeous combination.

How do you feel about the Elises, now that you've had some time with the Emira? I'm also a serial daily lotus elise addict (I've had several S2 elises here in the US along with an exige S, but bounced around due to the pros and cons of daily driving one, which you are well aware of). Do you miss them at all? I'm already kind of planning to get another Elise in a couple years as a second car, haha.

Sold my last S2 Elise (a silver 2009), briefly enjoyed a V8 Vantage GT (incredible car, and much more raw and visceral than I expected, but ultimately large and comfy, wanted something nimbler on its feet), and here I am in my Emira - just picked it up a couple weeks ago!
I still have my Elise and was out in it in the sunshine a few days ago. There's nothing on this planet steers like an Elise - everyone should drive one at least once in their life. Given that the two cars are mid-engined, 2 seater sports cars, they're similar (not for big food shopping trips). However, driving the Elise feels like you're in something very lightweight (even though mine is approx 925Kg) that changes direction in the blink of an eye. Great for British B roads. The Emira feels like it's more "planted" (not necessarily better, I don't mind the feedback from the Elise when it gets a bit squirmy) but also at 40/50 mph on a British A road, the power available for overtaking is in a different league to the Elise. The Emira wins hands down on the interior space for a longer drive and for "non-car" people you don't have to make any excuses for turning up in a Lotus to take them out.

Both of them have the ability to make me grin, which is surely what it's all about.

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something does seem to have caught them out, hopefully they'll get it sorted in the future. I think they perhaps need to bring exhibitor entry earlier, overlapping exhibitor and visitor timings is never going to be the best! When I've displayed at the NECPWA classic car show at Newby Hall in the past (up to 1500 cars) they've needed display cars in by 10am.

I'll likely be taking my car down to the show in September, a smaller show so hopefully less chance of issues!
I think splitting entry times would work, more entrances open, more people checking tickets and marshalling would also alleviate things. I think a few people may think twice about next year.

Not sure I'm available in September - I have things on all month. I heard it's less busy, so would probably have gone.

Enut

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well I've just found your journal and I must say you have exquisite taste! Ours cars are almost exactly the same, the only difference being suspension (I opted for touring, based on Harry Metcalf's review and the fact that the roads down here on East Sussex are absolutely atrocious).

A very enjoyable read so far and I'm sorely tempted to steal some of pictures (the ones where the number plate isn't visable), so I can claim I that mine has been to some much more exciting places than it has so far!

Emira detailer photo front left high 2.9.2023.jpg

Last edited:
OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well I've just found your journal and I must say you have exquisite taste! Ours cars are almost exactly the same, the only difference being suspension (I opted for touring, based on Harry Metcalf's review and the fact that the roads down here on East Sussex are absolutely atrocious).

A very enjoyable read so far and I'm sorely tempted to steal some of pictures (the ones where the number plate isn't visable), so I can claim I that mine has been to some much more exciting places than it has so far!

View attachment 43520
I think that's the first time I've seen another with the same exterior spec. as mine. Since Magma is the least favourite of the original 6 colours, there won't be many around.
I'll make you more jealous next month with pictures from around Europe - you'll just have to Photoshop the plate out!