V6 FE dyno results and weight

ott

Reaction score
Thanks to nice people in Komotec I can share with you measurement data about my V6. It had done 1700 km and had 3/4 tank of fuel in it. As you can see, it delivers the power and slightly more torque than advertised figures (400 hp/420 nm). Weight was measured 1450 kg. When adjusted to 90% fuel according to DIN standard, its 1457 kg assuming 60 l. tank. Very close to stated numbers for manual V6 FE.

That dyno graph explains a lot why this engine, despite delivering the performance feels bit flat in real life driving.

dyno.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to nice people in Komotec I can share with you measurement data about my V6. It had done 1700 km and had 3/4 tank of fuel in it. As you can see, it delivers the power and slightly more torque than advertised figures (400 hp/420 nm). Weight was measured 1450 kg. When adjusted to 90% fuel according to DIN standard, its 1457 kg assuming 60 l. tank. Very close to stated numbers for manual V6 FE.

That dyno graph explains a lot why this engine, despite delivering the performance feels bit flat in real life driving.

View attachment 10826
great work.. will they do some mods? did you discuss options... what can they do?

why do you say that re flat? as 1/3 of the power comes in after 4500 revs? or..

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Please elaborate on your flat comments for some of us please. Is it the flat torque in the higher revs that we feel as users despite the linear power curve?

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good to have the weight independently verified. For comparison the Evora 400's DIN weight was 1415kg, the later Evora 410 Sport was 1361kg. However the figure for the 410 Sport is misleading as air con and even sound deadening were 'optional' extras and of course no car left the factory without them so the true figure will be a good bit higher. My takeaway: while the weight gain over the Evora is clearly undesirable (for me especially the boat anchor electric seats), it is nothing like as big as some make out. If you swapped out seats for carbon buckets and added a lithium battery I suspect you would loose a big chunk of the difference.

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great info. The curb weight is lower than I expected! And the power curve is one of the most linear hp curves I've seen.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
353 whp is decent, a tune will wake this engine up quite a bit -- what's Komo doing for you :) ?

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something just seems off about that torque. I'll believe the shape, but far higher than stated, and it didn't quite feel like a torque-forward car.

EDIT:
I'm just an American idiot who didn't convert units before posting. Carry on.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 10826
Really good info. I have some scales myself and weighing it will be the first thing I will do when I get it.

I am quite happy with the results. Hits the numbers that Lotus advertised. If we find a way to loose 50 kilos and gain 50 hp, the car will really shine.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my write-up (test drive thread) I said that the power delivery sort of felt like an S2000 with more power and a shorter rev range. This is an S2000 stock dyno graph, and the graph shapes are very similar. Just the values that are really different. This just really reinforces to me that it's intended as a very quick momentum car.

10% heavier than an S2000, but twice the wheel power and twice the torque, and the chassis to support it. Yes, Please!

1668621081809.png

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my write-up (test drive thread) I said that the power delivery sort of felt like an S2000 with more power and a shorter rev range. This is an S2000 stock dyno graph, and the graph shapes are very similar. Just the values that are really different. This just really reinforces to me that it's intended as a very quick momentum car.

View attachment 10829

Clearly vtec kikin in

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score

10% heavier than an S2000, but twice the wheel power and twice the torque, and the chassis to support it. Yes, Please!

View attachment 10829
Drove the Emira this afternoon and the power delivery was very similar to my S2000 - just more of it!

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 10829

I owned an S2000 for 13 years and moved away from it for an M4 looking for more power without modification. Lost a lot of the driver's feel and linear power delivery in making that jump. Really glad to hear you reference it as a very quick momentum car, it's truly what I'm looking for.

I only wish it had the fast and smooth transmission shifts of the S2000.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
353 wheel HP would be almost 420 engine HP. That assumes 15% drive train loss which is at the low end of what is normally found. So that is pretty impressive! Unless I'm reading something wrong.

OP
ott

ott

Reaction score
great work.. will they do some mods? did you discuss options... what can they do?
Definitely interested in any Komotec feedback... 👀

Komotec is working hard to release their offerings soon. Don’t know when and what comes first, but ithere will eventually be same categories as for other models.

As myself, did lots of mods to my Exige, but Emira is for street use, so maybe start with suspension and then later moderate power upgrade. Standard bilstein/eibach combo is clearly compromise low cost solution.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
353 wheel HP would be almost 420 engine HP. That assumes 15% drive train loss which is at the low end of what is normally found. So that is pretty impressive! Unless I'm reading something wrong.

Sounds about right.. Though I've seen some stock Evora GT/430 charts that appeared to show greater than 15% drivetrain loss. Which made me think Lotus overrated them at 416hp/430hp or there's something weird causing more drive train loss than I expected in a mid engine rwd setup.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts