V6 FE dyno results and weight

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think you guys mis-understood what I was saying. It doesn't add 7 hp to the engine, it frees up hp that's currently being absorbed from the drivetrain. The engine is still putting out whatever power it is from the factory. By improving the efficiency of the drivetrain (reducing the resistance) that allows some of the power that was being absorbed to now make it to the rear wheels.

I guess its logical, as it aligns with the analogous idea of employing lightweight wheels and rotors, such as those made of carbon ceramic, to reduce drive train loss.

I'm curious on which gear oil that could offer superior efficiency compared to the factory-installed option. I've come across enthusiasts enthusiastically endorsing LiquiMoly engine oil, although I haven't personally tested it yet.
At this point, I'm still doing research, but I'll look into the LiquiMoly product and see what I can find out. Right now, as far as engine oil, the Pennzoil Platinum Euro synthetic seems to be right up there with the best. As far as gear oils, I like Red Line products. I'm looking into aerospace lubricants at the moment, which are pricey, but may be worth it in a trans and diff.

Once I have my car and get through the 1,000 mile break-in period, I'll start a project thread and post whatever I learn/discover/do.