V6 FE dyno results and weight

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
On the Evora upgrades it's only if you go above 435hp. For Emira we're waiting for the published Komotec upgrade packages and there's better base level cooling already, so may only need a louvred hatch above 450hp.

The 430hp tune and 3rd decat is going to be a decent initial upgrade for the Emira, hopefully with the redline pushed a few 100 higher too.
Be perfect to be honest.
Especially if you chuck out the heavy meh seats as well 😊

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
An experienced operator knows the performance behaviors and characterics of their dyno, and can get pretty close on the estimate of the bhp. The factory numbers are usually available for the baseline comparison for the model being tested on the dyno.

Yes heavier wheels (or lighter) will change the whp.
I'm not really sure what your argument here is. You say 'estimate', I say 'calculate'. Yes it's a guess, we agree.
I'm not arguing anything, I'm just trying to separate fact from opinion or incorrect information.

"An experienced operator knows the performance behaviors and characterics of their dyno, and can get pretty close on the estimate of the bhp." No. No matter how much experience the operator has and knows their dyno, they can only apply a % drivetrain loss that is the same guess as anyone else can make. So it has nothing to do with the characteristics of the dyno or who is operating it. The dyno can measure wheel torque...that is it....nothing more.

"Yes heavier wheels (or lighter) will change the whp." Again, no. That has nothing to do with drivetrain loss.

I'd rather not keep going with this but you keep making points that are simply not true.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not arguing anything, I'm just trying to separate fact from opinion or incorrect information.

"An experienced operator knows the performance behaviors and characterics of their dyno, and can get pretty close on the estimate of the bhp." No. No matter how much experience the operator has and knows their dyno, they can only apply a % drivetrain loss that is the same guess as anyone else can make. So it has nothing to do with the characteristics of the dyno or who is operating it. The dyno can measure wheel torque...that is it....nothing more.

"Yes heavier wheels (or lighter) will change the whp." Again, no. That has nothing to do with drivetrain loss.

I'd rather not keep going with this but you keep making points that are simply not true.
I don't know what your deal is, but I won't keep going with this. Have a nice day.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, I reckon Komotec upgrades will be available pretty quickly. No idea how they crack the encryption on the ECU, or why Lotus apparently don't mind given Komotec are also a dealer, but they've done it before. Their 435 remap for the Evora 400/410 looks very interesting. Meaningful gains in power and torque not just at the top end but all the way from 3500rpm. Add a decat pipe for a bit more noise, and hey presto, one very appealing tweaked V6 Emira for relatively small outlay.

2300-003-EX435-Upgrade-DiagrammcrF7X0zVGxpBO_600x600.jpg
1668775009513.jpeg

I know Apple via orange - but just for a bit of comparison fun

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
... so hurtful. i'm not saying you're wrong, but no need to be mean :cry: :)

Don't worry I'm sure some superfan will talk about Lotus sprinkling some magic and making a 2L turbo sound amazing.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tuned AMG 2.0 FTW!
Haha, yeah. Maybe if it was a hatchback, I would be fine with such an engine. But not in a sports car. Good on paper, but that's about it. I drove it in the a class and it sucks up all emotions like a dementor from Harry Potter. Never felt an acceleration so fast, but yet so emotionless. To be honest even my Tesla delivers more emotion on acceleration.
And also, I would still lack my 50 kilos less, because the i4 is not even that much lighter than the V6 🙈

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the turbo 4 cyl sound? Sure, NA Civics with obnoxious aftermarket exhausts sound like angry bees in a coffee can, but some can sound pretty good. I have the AWE Track catback exhaust on my GTI and it sounds deep and refined IMO (this is with the stock catted downpipe). And the 2.5 H4 Subaru STI engines sound awesome with full catless exhaust. Deep and rumbly. :devilish:

I'm sure Lotus will make the AMG i4 sound good, but no way it'll sound as nice as the V6! I just hope they don't try to pump simulated exhaust sounds through the super fancy (and well reviewed) KEF speakers. 😬

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't worry I'm sure some superfan will talk about Lotus sprinkling some magic and making a 2L turbo sound amazing.
Well, I'll admit I am hopeful they can make it sound less bland than most four-pots... but I'm not holding my breath for "magic".

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the turbo 4 cyl sound? Sure, NA Civics with obnoxious aftermarket exhausts sound like angry bees in a coffee can, but some can sound pretty good. I have the AWE Track catback exhaust on my GTI and it sounds deep and refined IMO (this is with the stock catted downpipe). And the 2.5 H4 Subaru STI engines sound awesome with full catless exhaust. Deep and rumbly. :devilish:

I'm sure Lotus will make the AMG i4 sound good, but no way it'll sound as nice as the V6! I just hope they don't try to pump simulated exhaust sounds through the super fancy (and well reviewed) KEF speakers. 😬
I'll stick my hand up and admit that the gurgle of a Subaru boxer makes me smile... but the chances of the AMG having that much character seem slim, given that it relies on having uneven-length exhaust runners, which (i think?) is pretty much exactly what AMG would have tried to eliminate to get so much power from the M139.

Last edited:

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, I'll admit I am hopeful they can make it sound less bland than most four-pots... but I'm not holding my breath for "magic".

I'll stick my hand up and admit that the gurgle of a Subaru boxer makes me smile... but the chances of the AMG having that much character seem slim, given that it relies on having uneven-length exhaust runners, which (i think?) is pretty much exactly what AMG would have tried to eliminate to get so much power from the M139.
That Subaru that you are talking about probably isn't a street legal '23 model year Euro 6 conform car, right? With the newest regulations, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make it sound good or even somewhat loud at all. Everybody should prepare for a big disappointment. The new A45 sounds not even 10% as good as the old W176 A45, for example.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
4 cylinders can sound epic

Think you don't get the point. The Emira i4 is not just a 4 cylinder. It's a EU6 conform 4 cylinder with cats, OPF, noise limitations, ... And Lotus will make only one Version that complies to all types of different regs. So everybody of you, no matter where you live, will get a car that complies to our German/European noise regs ;) Much fun with that. I just looked up the regs: 73 Db max, no matter if the flaps are open or closed. And the sound tuning will be a deep, monotone noise with many farting sounds. Sad as it is. The engine itself is really great.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

My TT with REMUS sounds AWESOME just sayin like it or not the best emiras are gonna be the 4s