USA/Canada Delivery Thread

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
UK peeps won’t like what I’m about to say… People are all under the assumption that Uk production needs to get caught up before NA production starts. In Harry’s factory vid Matt made a comment about productions slots… once you miss them they are gone. I took this as January 23 production will happen as planned and they will play catch up anything else that is late. IMHO, it’s why the UK slots are more spread out now. From a business case this makes more sense. Otherwise you will always be behind. People need to look at it from a Business POV and how it looks from your investors perspective. I could be completely wrong and unfortunately we won’t know until it happens. Time will tell.

I agree with you. It sounds like there are a lot of 95% completed vehicles sitting around waiting for parts. Some of these could very well be North American spec and couldn't be delivered to UK buyers anyway.! But as you said, time will tell...

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
I mentioned in a different thread that like as of 3 weeks ago, US dealers were still being told March deliveries on their weekly calls with Lotus HQ.
My dealer has always said ( at least since late this summer) to expect first deliveries fall 2023. August to be specific

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to confirm if NA spec cars will ship without front plate holders/holes pre-drilled? My state doesn't require front plates so I'm really hoping to keep mine clean. Some manufacturers tend to leave it to the individual dealers while others have it done at the factory or ports.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My state doesn't require front plates so I'm really hoping to keep mine clean.

I envy you of that. The Emira looks much better without the front number plate than with it. Unfortunately, in our country you also have to have a front plate 52 cm long (over 20 inches).

20221103_143924 (1).jpg

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone been able to confirm if NA spec cars will ship without front plate holders/holes pre-drilled? My state doesn't require front plates so I'm really hoping to keep mine clean. Some manufacturers tend to leave it to the individual dealers while others have it done at the factory or ports.
I live in a state that requires the front plate and I haven't had a front plate on a car in 25 years of car ownership and never once got pulled over or had a ticket. So I also hope it's not pre-drilled.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I live in a state that requires the front plate and I haven't had a front plate on a car in 25 years of car ownership and never once got pulled over or had a ticket. So I also hope it's not pre-drilled.

In CZ, your driver's license will be confiscated for 6 months if you don't have a front plate for the first time and for 12 months if you don't have it repeatedly. I wouldn't allow this. Yes, that's my 1st world problem, I know ;-)

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In CZ, your driver's license will be confiscated for 6 months if you don't have a front plate for the first time and for 12 months if you don't have it repeatedly. I wouldn't allow this. Yes, that's my 1st world problem, I know ;-)
I think here it's a $50 ticket if you don't have it on. So the risk is very much worth keeping the car looking good.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The 700 F/E North American cars will be produced and delivered as promised IMO. The remaining base/i4 allocations, that is unknown and may be delayed. I expect the V6 F/E cars to start arriving at US/CAN dealers in April - July.

G

Guest142

After repeatedly reading people claiming USA will be delayed again and do not expect anything until the Fall to early 2024 (maybe a defense mechanism based on what has happened so far?). I started to think about our scenario more... and these are the reasons why I think USA production will still start as planned for January:
  • Lotus USA has officially stated that Lotus will prioritize the USA market with production starting January 2023. Even distributing a roadmap timeline for v6FE's.
  • The latest videos clearly show they have been prioritizing China these last couple months... which indicates the are prioritizing some markets over others like they indicated what would happen for the USA come January.
  • Value of the dollar is in the best interests for Lotus to focus on USA market as planned.
  • UK/Europe Customers have been shifted around... Some moved up (Early depositors with V6 manuals) and some shifted back (Late depositors, I4 FE's and v6 FE Automatics). IMHO they are creating space by spreading out.
  • Unlike the ROW, USA Customers were locked after Orders/Final Deposits submitted a whole 9 months prior to production (starting March 2022). This creates better supply chain planning.
  • UK customers can back out last minute, where the general consensus for the USA is we are locked into this purchase.
  • March 2023 deliveries would mean a 21 month wait for those that placed deposits on debut day (July 6th, 2021).
  • V6FE Emiras for the USA was a locked number of cars, (reached way early in the process) where in some regions they accepted orders for v6FE's for a way longer period of time.
  • Two shifts "should" be in full swing starting in January (per Matt W.)
Info above is to the best of my knowledge. If inaccurate, please correct me. I just wanted to point it out that there are many reasons it could still happen as planned starting January.🤞🏼There is hope for us that committed early.
I like it. It's logical. Makes sense. Hoping this is the case. I've heard nothing to the contrary of these comments. Also, at this point I'm waiting either way. There is no going back. It is what it is.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Spoke to the rep today who's been traveling the east coast with the Emira for the last month. He's confident US production will stay on schedule as stated (March-April deliveries). He's been to the factory and in contact with Hethel HQ. Reassuring? Sure. Is it for certain? In this life, there are nothing but possibilities.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Spoke to the rep today who's been traveling the east coast with the Emira for the last month. He's confident US production will stay on schedule as stated (March-April deliveries). He's been to the factory and in contact with Hethel HQ. Reassuring? Sure. Is it for certain? In this life, there are nothing but possibilities.
With all due respect to Lotus USA they can tell us whatever they feel will keep our hopes up on US production schedule.
My hope is that the promises that production for US is correct.
Personally I believe there will be a delay
I am in the first lot of deliveries.
But if further delays I won’t be happy but will accept it. For people to get bent out of shape on a car is imho ridiculous
I am definitely not dropping out and will be ecstatic whenever the car arrives
I do understand everyone’s frustration ( me included)
I personally have some personal serious issues to deal with other than bitch and complain about a car.
Right now my wife’s health is my priority.

Everyones opinion is valid an welcome
But to see so many people on this forum complaining about stupid shit really pisses me off. Wheel gap, acceleration does not throw you back in the seat. Car is underpowered, Seat to high or to low, head rest to low, pedals to close together and many more. Every sports car out there has issues. It’s a Lotus like it or don’t buy one
“Can buy a Porsche for less and it’s better engineered yes maybe better finishes ” but it’s not a lotus. I have a 2015 Cayman GTS and love it. But it’s not a Lotus
Thanks for letting me have my little rant

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With all due respect to Lotus USA they can tell us whatever they feel will keep our hopes up on US production schedule.
But if further delays I won’t be happy but will accept it. For people to get bent out of shape on a car is imho ridiculous
I personally have some personal serious issues to deal with other than bitch and complain about a car.

But to see so many people on this forum complaining about stupid shit really pisses me off. Wheel gap, acceleration does not throw you back in the seat. Car is underpowered, Seat to high or to low, head rest to low, pedals to close together and many more. Every sports car out there has issues. It’s a Lotus like it or don’t buy one
“Can buy a Porsche for less and it’s better engineered yes maybe better finishes ” but it’s not a lotus. I have a 2015 Cayman GTS and love it. But it’s not a Lotus
Hope the best for you wife's health.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

What's your wife's first name? I'll add her to my prayer list.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Yes that puts in in perspective, yes we all have family and health issues, which is more important than some car. All the very best to you and your wife. Good luck.🤞🤞🤞