Nitron R1 Coilovers - Constant Delays

papadop88

Emira Fanatic
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Messages
293
Media
47
Reaction score
326
Status:
Emira Owner
My Specs:
Emira V6
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to stay quiet on this but it's gotten to the point where I would like to know how many folks on here have also ordered Nitrons and experienced massive delays, changing timelines, and basically, the runaround...

My situation:
  • I ordered these on June 16th. The lead time quoted was around 3-5 weeks. That seemed fair, although I've had several coilovers built by other brands for several other cars in less than a week. But fine...
  • That timeline approached and nothing. I have been in constant communication (once a week) with GRP on the status without wanting to be annoying. Greg has been great giving me updates (not his fault at all...it's all on Nitron).
  • The goal posts have been moving constantly by Nitron. Apparently, the delay was caused by a missing part they have been waiting for to complete everyone's orders. Even back in July, they quoted an additional 1-2 weeks before they'd be complete.
  • Around Sept 8th, Nitron gave Greg an update on timelines, and changed them to basically: 8 -10 wks (56-70 "WORKING" Days) and for Electron or FAL Units 10+ wks (70+ "WORKING" Days). Sorry, but this is INSANE.
  • So now, 3-4 weeks timelines, then 5-6 weeks timelines were switched to "working days." We're now at the end of September and it takes them 70 "working days" to build four coilovers.
  • This past Monday was day 71 (working days)...and still nothing.
To add salt to the wound, I keep seeing Nitron posting on social media coilover deliveries and installs for every brand/model but ours. That makes it even more insulting, to which I will never recommend Nitron to my circle again.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
 
I ordered mine Jan 20th 2026 and received them May 20th 2026. Nitron forgot to send me the axle lift pump so that took another 2 months to get to me.

Was quoted 4-5 week lead time.
 
So you ordered through GRP? Was going to say, you are local to Nitron - I got mine through Shinoo and Guy actually lives here now, maybe somehow get to Guy a message? Unless they are really that backed up and I would believe whatever Greg is telling you as well - they are worth the wait!
 
Delays can happen, sure. But when those delays become 10+ week delays, that's b*llshit.
Agreed. I just don't know anyone who got their nitrons in nitron's quoted time frame. They are sort of notorious for being late.
 
I got mine from shinoo, shocks were still built in England. Axle lift was from Nitron California. It took 2 months for the front axle lift parts mostly because I didn’t notice until I opened the packages a month later and because they first needed to see why it wasn’t sent with the original package.
 
I just had a set of motons fitted to my v6 Emira. They were in stock and on the shelf. Beautiful product. Totally transformed the car. Can’t wait to put it on the track. Maybe give them a try.
 
I just had a set of motons fitted to my v6 Emira. They were in stock and on the shelf. Beautiful product. Totally transformed the car. Can’t wait to put it on the track. Maybe give them a try.
Glad you went moton. Trouble free all the way!
 
I had the exact same issues . Almost 2 months delays. Cannot praise enough Greg for all the updates. He has been amazing as always
 
So you ordered through GRP? Was going to say, you are local to Nitron - I got mine through Shinoo and Guy actually lives here now, maybe somehow get to Guy a message? Unless they are really that backed up and I would believe whatever Greg is telling you as well - they are worth the wait!
I'm local as well, and got mine from Shinoo. I've also talked to Guy several times (but it's been over a year now), and he was always a good guy. Not sure what the issue is now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top