USA/Canada Delivery Thread

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
By the sounds of it April is when the last NA FEs are currently scheduled so I guess expect base V6 to begin May…doesn’t really mesh with what I was told of expect car mid-summer but oh well. Although maybe sandwiched in between will be FE autos (probably not many though).

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In all honesty, I want to stay positive.... However, I am staying more conservative on delivery. I don't think the bulk of N/A Emira's will be seen in the US until late summer/fall. Most deliveries will probably be around this time next year.

Base version I am expecting largely 2024 delivery. The configurator has not even gone live yet, and it is usually 6 months before production is set it start at a minimum, so they can get a good idea of parts to order based on specs. Earliest any base Emira production will be in June/August and that is absolute best case scenario. Unfortunately we just have to roll with the production woes and hope for the best.

On a brighter note, it does give them more time to sort out any potential issues.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea/concrete dealer info as to how long it's projected to take from the time the cars are built in the UK until they're actually delivered to customers in the US? My scheduled production month is April....
the schedule released by lotus so far says production january and delivery march for the first batch of N/A FE

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
the schedule released by lotus so far says production january and delivery march for the first batch of N/A FE
And for the 700 cars those should all be built in a 2-3 month window.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Boardwalk Lotus (US dealer) are still repeating March/April delivery dates as that’s what’s been communicated to them 2 weeks ago during dealer meetings.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Curious if anyone has heard what the process is for NA deliveries… when will we be notified our car has been scheduled for production? or will we? I know each region is different process wise. USA production is scheduled to start in January… so when should we hear anything?

We will be notified of the next delays in January. I talked to US dealers last week and as far as they were concerned its still set for Jan Build March Delivery, however they admitted there could be additional delays.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did Naples get hit by Hurricane Ian? That whole area looked pretty devastated from the aerial photos.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
we should petition Lotus to deliver more F/E allocations beyond the 700 for the US market. I fear that once those 700 F/E's arrive it will be a looooong wait for those base units.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
we should petition Lotus to deliver more F/E allocations beyond the 700 for the US market. I fear that once those 700 F/E's arrive it will be a looooong wait for those base units.
Yes, the 700 FE units were a disappointment (particularly as 3x as many 2021 deposits were reportedly placed), and occurred before FE prices were announced. But the only 'concession' was to up the number of 2023 allocations. Against those are the 2021 deposits that missed the FE cutoff AND whatever deposits arrived in 2022.

How about a petition to honor the Emira pricing that coincided with the deposits placed? It was a factor in that action.
We are about to be reminded that time is money.
Worth the wait transposes into worth the price.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I placed a late deposit for an FE, was told that deliveries would start in the fall. I asked what that meant for those of us with high numbers and was told that Lotus allocation by dealer has a wide range and that Texas had one of the top 2. Many deposits coming from out of state. That said, I asked if 18-24 months sounded right and he said “well before that”. He even offered to raise my spot on the list if I agreed to mark-up. Apparently the numerical order is just MSRP. You can buy your way higher; at least in Texas.
Interesting if true, and also means pushing ahead in line undercuts the legitimacy of deposit date records.
Deposits go against the dealer allocation.
Would anyone care to learn they (and everyone after them) lost a place in line in the face of limited allocations, as a result of a Dealer Donation?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Understand but the thread asked to post what we were told, and I was told by a TX dealer that I could pay more in November 2022 and get a car in Fall 2023.
I appreciate the honesty! Thank-you for letting us know.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The difference between the FE and the base is the FE badge.

The FE comes with many premium upgrades and is loaded with all the packs noted below at a discount. It's more than just the badges...

Screenshot 2022-11-17 161600.jpg

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Pretty crappy practice from your dealer... but its specific to that dealer and not a blanket Lotus NA thing. Thanks for sharing none the less for awareness.
I am fairly certain this is available at all Lotus USA dealerships - perhaps not advertised, but certainly an option. We are talking about the most capitlist place on earth. :ROFLMAO:... Mind you I disagree with the practise, but if someone is willing to pay to get ahead, it's their money and dealerships are a business. I get it.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah... I knew it was a copy and past message... but the important part is the date hasn't changed (Yet). Crossing my fingers the line they have been communicating is true. That they are going to prioritize the NA market starting January. We are getting close, so we should know soon (Sorry had to).
Though if past is a template, Lotus doesn’t admit to delays until the delivery window has already passed. Remember the “September 9”?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does the US Emira come with the front parking sensors?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@eriegz - never heard of you booking in a test drive? Have you heard anything new from your dealer in Calgary?