USA/Canada Delivery Thread

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wanted to create a thread specific to the USA/Canada to track what everyone is hearing for delivery timelines.
Last official info was per this schedule sent in August 2022.
View attachment 10618

Curious what everyone is hearing from their dealer and/or Lotus (USA or Hethel).

From my Emira test drive last weekend my Sales Associate stated the above schedule is still accurate... That Lotus is going to prioritize certain markets over others.

Knowing what's happened to date (China Shut Downs, UK delivery progress), I'm not sure if that is accurate... and I know there is a lot of speculation of much more delays coming.

Post what you are hearing (Not what you think... because we all know We will be getting our Emira's "Soon"! 🙄)
Thanks for starting this! My SA told me they’re expect 5 cars a month once the deliveries begin, the owner of the dealership said hoping for at least that. For reference on size they have over 170 deposits and got allocation of 12 FEs, had about 25 deposits before Goodwood 2021 so absolutely sucks if Lotus is gonna stick it to loyal early depositors with substantially higher pricing on FE spec base edition while many customers went to other dealerships in the US that had FE allocations going into September. The Lotus rep at the car tour is in marketing so he doesn’t have much pull but some of us strongly suggested they offer FE type spec pricing for example to July depositors otherwise it’s really not right and leaves a bad taste.

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wanted to create a thread specific to the USA/Canada to track what everyone is hearing for delivery timelines.
View attachment 10618

Curious what everyone is hearing from their dealer and/or Lotus (USA or Hethel).

From my Emira test drive last weekend my Sales Associate stated the above schedule is still accurate... That Lotus is going to prioritize certain markets over others.

Knowing what's happened to date (China Shut Downs, UK delivery progress), I'm not sure if that is accurate... and I know there is a lot of speculation of much more delays coming.

Post what you are hearing (Not what you think... because we all know We will be getting our Emira's "Soon"! 🙄)
Just spoke with my dealer - not a whisper on production/deliveries. Even went as far as to point out that my dealers "inside guy" at Lotus has gone silent on them. However, they are expecting delivery of their demo/test drive car in December, and I was told I would be receiving an email invitation when that time draws near.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not sure if this affects FE production/allocations but Los Gatos got 22 V6 FEs.. so far Lotus only converted 11 deposits to actual orders leaving 11 V6 FEs still left to be allocated. The time line is only a rough estimate. Looks like 1st month deposit holders from NA won't even get their cars until next Fall at the earliest.

KaizokuCoder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For whatever it's worth, the Lotus rep at my test drive last week said they are still on target to start production in January, in accordance with the schedule posted above.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not sure if this affects FE production/allocations but Los Gatos got 22 V6 FEs.. so far Lotus only converted 11 deposits to actual orders leaving 11 V6 FEs still left to be allocated. The time line is only a rough estimate. Looks like 1st month deposit holders from NA won't even get their cars until next Fall at the earliest.
Are you saying they’re looking for 11 ppl to sell an FE to? Are they doing that dealer markup thing which would explain how that could be possible?

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are you saying they’re looking for 11 ppl to sell an FE to? Are they doing that dealer markup thing which would explain how that could be possible?
My deposit contract says MSRP and my slot number was #22. It has moved up to slot #11 since 11 of the 22 already has been allocated.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My deposit contract says MSRP and my slot number was #22. It has moved up to slot #11 since 11 of the 22 already has been allocated.
Very interesting, my dealership tells me only 1 person dropped out.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is “next fall” your estimate or Los Gatos’ estimate?

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Very interesting, my dealership tells me only 1 person dropped out.
Let me clarify:

March 2022 Los Gatos: We got 22 V6 FEs allocated by Lotus USA and they converted 11 of those 22 FEs to actual orders leaving 11 FEs still yet to be converted from deposits to orders.

October 2022 Los Gatos: They updated me and told me I'm #11 on the FE list.

November 2022 Los Gatos: I inquired a test drive for the Emira Road and Show on 11/16 and 11/17 and I was told by the dealership that she works on commission and that she makes money by selling cars and was told again that I'm still on the list for an V6 FE.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for starting this! My SA told me they’re expect 5 cars a month once the deliveries begin, the owner of the dealership said hoping for at least that. For reference on size they have over 170 deposits and got allocation of 12 FEs, had about 25 deposits before Goodwood 2021 so absolutely sucks if Lotus is gonna stick it to loyal early depositors with substantially higher pricing on FE spec base edition while many customers went to other dealerships in the US that had FE allocations going into September. The Lotus rep at the car tour is in marketing so he doesn’t have much pull but some of us strongly suggested they offer FE type spec pricing for example to July depositors otherwise it’s really not right and leaves a bad taste.
5 cars a month @ 170 deposits would take them 34 months - so the last depositor would be getting a car in Q2 2026. (assuming they start in march 2023 delivery). 3 years for a car is a long wait...

Although - based on Gator's reported numbers of 2,300 approx. US/CAN Allocations for 2023 - (700 being F/E cars) if your dealer received 12/700 F/E allocations that represents around 2% of the total allocation. Applying that same metric to the total; they would be getting under 50 cars for the total of 2023. (starting in March delivery) So approx. 5 cars per month is accurate. This will certainly be a long wait for an Emira in Toronto for some people. :( This is also assuming no other delays.... and we know how that is going.

This clip is beginning to age very well -

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, it seems dealers know less than us forum members. My dealer doesn't reach out unless they have official confirmed information direct from Lotus and even then I usually already know whatever it is they tell me. For instance, my dealer wasn't even aware of Matt Windle's video regarding delays that came out over the summer until I called and asked him about it. Before then, I was still being told to expect my car in November.

And now I'm still being told March-April for delivery, but my money is on a late summer/early fall delivery. I expect further delay emails to come direct from Lotus early next year. Then there will be port delays if/when they finally arrive.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
5 cars a month @ 170 deposits would take them 34 months - so the last depositor would be getting a car in Q2 2026. (assuming they start in march 2023 delivery). 3 years for a car is a long wait...

Although - based on Gator's reported numbers of 2,300 approx. US/CAN Allocations for 2023 - (700 being F/E cars) if your dealer received 12/700 F/E allocations that represents around 2% of the total allocation. Applying that same metric to the total; they would be getting under 50 cars for the total of 2023. (starting in March delivery) So approx. 5 cars per month is accurate. This will certainly be a long wait for an Emira in Toronto for some people. :( This is also assuming no other delays.... and we know how that is going.

This clip is beginning to age very well -

Yeah, the owner was there and I asked him if he knows why ppl are bothering to still put deposits and I’m drawing a blank on what he said for some reason but it was along the lines of expecting more than 5 per month at some point but can’t recall the number. I think he does know a lot given he’s made trips to Lotus in the UK and has seen the next car.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I find it interesting that Toronto and Oakville apparently got way more deposits than other dealerships in the US well before the cars reveal yet have fewer total deposits. Wonder if there are a few individuals in our region placing deposits for bulk cars of initial allocations in advance to flip them…

I used to know a guy who was the top sales guy at one of the biggest luxury dealerships in Oakville and I remember once he told me about being out for a ride with one of his clients in his new Ferrari and how the guy buys so many he has priority access (based on his order volume) to the ones nobody can get, drives it for a year and then sells them for more than he paid.

Last edited:

Willcall

Reaction score
Well, my dealer is In Dallas and I made my initial deposit in August 2021, currently I’m number 61, but was told I won’t spec the Emira until July 2023 unless there’s further updates.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 10618

@don4v4n This is identical to the information my dealer provided this summer so that is consistent and was told as of last week that deliveries are still (at least on paper) scheduled for approx 2mo after production. That would mean Apr for me and even if it slides 1-2 mo, that is perfect driving season.

I'm still confused with @idleuser comments that his dealer states they have only filled 11 of their 22 FEv6 slots. Talking with two dealerships, they said that they had x number of allocations per month from Mar-Jun and all FEv6 orders for US had to be in by Jun '22 to get slotted into the build cycle. Remember the original last build month was Dec and was only pushed just a couple months ago ..... so by Jun, everyone was still working on the notion of original schedule. Thus, if allocations were not matched with orders NLT Jun, then no FE order. I would check with Lotus US or ask Los Gatos how they could still have 11 FEv6 slots when the order dates have already closed.

I can tell you my experience. I placed a deposit back in Jun/Jul '21 and was told that approx 25 people ahead of me. Fast forward to Jan/Feb '22, was told to be prepared with config as they will go in order of deposit and assign an allocation. I missed Mar as all allocations were filled. In Apr, I was called and they were full again but like the day before orders to be submitted, someone dropped out so I got an allocation. The same process happened for May and Jun. I actually talked to one person who was on the bubble for the last allocation and he didn't make it. So the process maps out to the diagram posted above that orders were submitted each month from Mar-Jun.

Something seems fishy at Gatos but I'm not saying they are wrong, just that is doesn't match up with other dealers that have a stellar rep. Definitely would be pushing some buttons

We should have started a list of all dealers with how many allocations each one got to see how closely it aligns with the 700 for NA

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I find it interesting that Toronto and Oakville apparently got way more deposits than other dealerships in the US well before the cars reveal yet have fewer total deposits. Wonder if there are a few individuals in our region placing deposits for bulk cars of initial allocations in advance to flip them…

I used to know a guy who was the top sales guy at one of the biggest luxury dealerships in Oakville and I remember once he told me about being out for a ride with one of his clients in his new Ferrari and how the guy buys so many he has priority access (based on his order volume) to the ones nobody can get, drives it for a year and then sells them for more than he paid.
GTA is the third biggest metro area in North America. Pfaff Porsche I believe is in the top 3 Porsche dealerships in North America as well. With that said we never really know if they are exaggerating their number of deposits or not. One thing I find curious is that based on deposit numbers no one from Toronto has come on her and complained they did not get a call for a test drive. Which based on 170 deposits they were only able to offer test drives to half the depositors. You can see a few of the US guys came on here to complain how they weren't called. The UK guys are having a tough time booking slots. So you would think we would hear of someone not getting seat time in Toronto? My opinion is the deposits may not be as high as we think. Or other GTA depositors don't really care. Also the fact he said only 1 person dropped out seems unrealistic.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
GTA is the third biggest metro area in North America. Pfaff Porsche I believe is in the top 3 Porsche dealerships in North America as well. With that said we never really know if they are exaggerating their number of deposits or not. One thing I find curious is that based on deposit numbers no one from Toronto has come on her and complained they did not get a call for a test drive. Which based on 170 deposits they were only able to offer test drives to half the depositors. You can see a few of the US guys came on here to complain how they weren't called. The UK guys are having a tough time booking slots. So you would think we would hear of someone not getting seat time in Toronto? My opinion is the deposits may not be as high as we think. Or other GTA depositors don't really care. Also the fact he said only 1 person dropped out seems unrealistic.
FYI - I am deposit holder #54 at Gentry (Toronto) and they did not contact me for a test drive. When I contacted them (3 or 4 days before they got the demo), they had seat times available. From what I gathered from our discussion, it appeared that they had no intention of calling anyone other than the early FE depositors, but I could be wrong. I'm curious to know if non-FE depositors were contacted by Gentry (Toronto).

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
FYI - I am deposit holder #54 at Gentry (Toronto) and they did not contact me for a test drive. When I contacted them (3 or 4 days before they got the demo), they had seat times available. From what I gathered from our discussion, it appeared that they had no intention of calling anyone other than the early FE depositors, but I could be wrong. I'm curious to know if non-FE depositors were contacted by Gentry (Toronto).
Interesting, they were only going to contact 12 people for test drives over 2 days? Especially when they are expecting 50 cars next year? Seems odd. I know at Oakville they advertised and invited anyone to come out for a look at the Emira, they certainly did contact people that are not getting an F/E to book a test drive. I also noticed that there was some people there that did not even have a deposit going for a test drive. I found this interesting. You would think with well over a 100 deposits that this would be completely slammed. We will never know the real answer, but my guess and I have zero proof - but based on how crazy the UK test drive situation is, I don't believe the deposits for the Emira in the GTA are in the 150+ range. It makes no sense for a dealer to take a deposit to say we will get your car in 2026/7.

Also being #54 would place you in getting a car in 2024 (model year 2025) no? Based on the allocations being given for next year production? Was that the estimate you were given?