I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

Emira604

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Figured I'd start a new thread dedicated to the I4 delivery in North America. I just got word from my dealer here in Canada that the I4 will start production in July/August 2024 with a fall delivery; yet another change from the last 2025 date we were given. Apparently they'll be produced at the same time as the V6 autos. Anyone else receive the same news?

Figured I'd start a new thread dedicated to the I4 delivery in North America. I just got word from my dealer here in Canada that the I4 will start production in July/August 2024 with a fall delivery; yet another change from the last 2025 date we were given. Apparently they'll be produced at the same time as the V6 autos. Anyone else receive the same news?
I’ve heard similar regarding V6 auto production times.

I received the same notice, I4 USA production this summer, delivery Q3 or Q4. Finalized my selection today. placed deposit 9/2023.

I received the same notice, I4 USA production this summer, delivery Q3 or Q4. Finalized my selection today. placed deposit 9/2023.
I placed my initial deposit in 7/2022 and finalized around 9/2023. Glad it’s not 2025 anymore, but these changes certainly keep messing with how I’m planning for things.

I received the same information from my dealer yesterday. I am supposedly the first deposit in Ohio (9/2021) for the I4. Hopefully this timeline holds.

I have a v6 manual deposit with a projected build date of June ‘24 which according to my salesperson is supposed to be the final month of FE v6 manual production. So July ‘24 starts auto production would make sense.

Seeing the earlier post on the USA delivery thread got me curious. I've not had a notification myself so I've emailed Gator to see if it's true. Fingers Crossed!

Yes, I received a notice as well to confirm the build sheet. Maybe we'll see i4s in the US this year. While I had the dealers attention took the opportunity to petition for an 'S' version. Perhaps if others respond similarly we can get some consideration by Lotus Inc now vs Lotus offering an 'S' version the day after mine is delivered....

'Lotus released a version of the i4 with higher turbo boost / psi in China. Speaking with others in the Lotus forum it appears there is an appetite to pay more (upgrade before delivery) for an 'S' version with higher boost. Basically the same model that Mercedes uses to monetize performance, $5k more for 3 psi of boost. Perhaps there is a dealer liaison you can consult; this is a good way for Lotus to squeeze out more margin.'

Good afternoon, I am from Barcelona (Spain) and I placed my order for an I4 in September 2023. The first delivery deadline they gave me was the end of December 23 / the beginning of 2024, then they told me before August 2024 , and as of today the dealer in Spain does not have a delivery deadline from Lotus.

I have a v6 manual deposit with a projected build date of June ‘24 which according to my salesperson is supposed to be the final month of FE v6 manual production. So July ‘24 starts auto production would make sense.
Except that a member here has already confirmed he / she saw them being built in the factory last month. And a salesman I think from PP stated they started in late Apr early May so it would seem they are already in process for US builds

Mixed production makes more sense. 60% V6 manual, 20% V6 auto, 20% I4, something like that. Someone from LotusTalk confirmed NA V6 auto production started around 2 months ago. And I also confirmed my V6 auto order over 2 months ago as well. It’s not like both autos outnumbers the manual.

Still waiting on a V6 auto allocation. The dealer said the order portal is open but they’re waiting to receive their particular dealership order allocations.

maxresdefault.jpg

Good Luck, I hope Lotus sticks to the plan.

Mixed production makes more sense. 60% V6 manual, 20% V6 auto, 20% I4, something like that. Someone from LotusTalk confirmed NA V6 auto production started around 2 months ago. And I also confirmed my V6 auto order over 2 months ago as well. It’s not like both autos outnumbers the manual.
I’m just behind you. Will be interesting to see when yours gets loaded/arrives at dealer. Maybe August??

I’m just behind you. Will be interesting to see when yours gets loaded/arrives at dealer. Maybe August??
Naples are expecting late July. But who knows, I heard some dealerships are receiving cars they didn’t even know were on the way. But if they have started, I’m confident around August we get to see our cars. I’m glad we’re talking about this in the I4 thread, love it.

I placed my initial deposit in 7/2022 and finalized around 9/2023. Glad it’s not 2025 anymore, but these changes certainly keep messing with how I’m planning for things.
I am in the exact same timeframe, 7/22 reserve 9/23 lock in. The 1/18/24 email with the 2025 date was heartbreaking. I'm glad this thread was started - I had not heard of any production/delivery dates being pulled forward, but its welcomed news..

I wonder how much the base I4 would be in the US. Having lived with the v6 manual FE for a few days now, there's definitely a few things I could probably live without if I were to decide to get an i4, the first being the KEF audio system.