I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

I wonder how much the base I4 would be in the US. Having lived with the v6 manual FE for a few days now, there's definitely a few things I could probably live without if I were to decide to get an i4, the first being the KEF audio system.
I've read mix reviews on the KEF audio. Too bad they don't offer a Bose.
Interesting you have A V6 and thinking of getting the i4.
I have a deposit at my local dealer and having a hard time deciding on the i4 or V6 auto.

Interesting you have A V6 and thinking of getting the i4
*very wishful thinking

Mostly a track toy to beat up but an older 981 Cayman S would probably be a better and cheaper and therefore wiser option for that application.

I had an order for the i4 and I got the same email earlier this week.

I've also been asked if I wanted to switch to the V6 auto since I've asked the dealer about it earlier. I can't find the thread about V6 auto vs i4, but I've heard i4 is better but everyone here seems to want the V6 auto?

With the new date on i4 production does anyone know if the factory fixed or updated issues such as the AC, paint, and water in ECU?

Are there any safety features either the I4 such as blind spot monitoring. I saw a Chinese video somewhere that had the warning triangle in the side mirrors.

With the new date on i4 production does anyone know if the factory fixed or updated issues such as the AC, paint, and water in ECU?
I've had none of those issues on my UK i4 and the car currently lives outside, that's not to say things are definitely resolved as I've only had it a couple of months, but so far so good 🤞.

Are there any safety features either the I4 such as blind spot monitoring. I saw a Chinese video somewhere that had the warning triangle in the side mirrors.
The UK i4s don't have ADAS features such as ACC, BSM etc. It may be that you won't know for sure for NA cars until they arrive. I would assume though that, unless demanded by legislation, the functionality also won't be on the NA cars as Lotus will want to keep the cost of the car components down as much as possible.

I had an order for the i4 and I got the same email earlier this week.

I've also been asked if I wanted to switch to the V6 auto since I've asked the dealer about it earlier. I can't find the thread about V6 auto vs i4, but I've heard i4 is better but everyone here seems to want the V6 auto?
Better is a loaded term. It’s an option. Some will like the feel of the sportier transmission some, like me, wanted the sound and visible engine. If they make an AWD hybrid with the i4 similar to the BMW i8 I’d switch.

Seeing the earlier post on the USA delivery thread got me curious. I've not had a notification myself so I've emailed Gator to see if it's true. Fingers Crossed!
I4: Contacted my dealer earlier this week. Mine went into production on June 9th with a 3-4 month timeframe before I can snatch it up. 5/23 deposit, 8/29/23 order submitted.

V6 Auto Update. Recieved from my dealer from the factory.
- August Build with an October Delivery.
- Original deposit was October of 2021.
For an August build, when did you confirm your order? I’m wondering how the dealers know what month it will be built based on when the order was submitted.

It appeared to me on a recent factory tour that they are building all versions at the same time now. I hope so because I have a V6 manual on order and if they have stopped making those my wait will be even longer.

It appeared to me on a recent factory tour that they are building all versions at the same time now. I hope so because I have a V6 manual on order and if they have stopped making those my wait will be even longer.
Great news. Hopefully this means Lotus is getting caught up with the back log of pre-orders. Looking forward to seeing the Base configurator go live on their website. I'm still torn between the V6 auto and I4.

I4: Contacted my dealer earlier this week. Mine went into production on June 9th with a 3-4 month timeframe before I can snatch it up. 5/23 deposit, 8/29/23 order submitted.
Wait, so I reserved (deposit) my i4 just under a year before you, then was asked to submit a month after you, and have not heard word one.. I have called the dealer, visited the dealer, and always get the same answer - "no idea, we will make a call and give you a call back.." (that call never comes.)

Last edited:
Wait, so I reserved (deposit) my i4 just under a year before you, then was asked to submit a month after you, and have not heard word one.. I have called the dealer, visited the dealer, and always get the same answer - "no idea, we will make a call and give you a call back.." (that call never comes.)
Makes no sense. Not many I4 ordered from my dealer is my first thought. It was still a gut punch getting the update in November. I'd been told a Jan. 24 build date with delivery in April. We all know what that has turned into.

Makes no sense. Not many I4 ordered from my dealer is my first thought. It was still a gut punch getting the update in November. I'd been told a Jan. 24 build date with delivery in April. We all know what that has turned into.
When I locked-in I was told the same '24 timeframe for delivery - then the dreaded 1/18/2024 email with the 2025 delivery message came, but rest assured with all the dealers indicating this new timeframe my dealer will be getting anther call tomorrow..

Great news. Hopefully this means Lotus is getting caught up with the back log of pre-orders. Looking forward to seeing the Base configurator go live on their website. I'm still torn between the V6 auto and I4.
They are sure acting like they are caught up. The assembly line runs 1 shift a day 4 days a week 🙄

I've read mix reviews on the KEF audio. Too bad they don't offer a Bose.
Interesting you have A V6 and thinking of getting the i4.
I have a deposit at my local dealer and having a hard time deciding on the i4 or V6 auto.
In general, KEF should trump Bose by a factor of 10.

It’s not terrible, just tough to hide a large enough driver to produce bass at a depth most are used to these days. Really the space limitations of the car as opposed to the equipment.

As a follow up, I just heard from my dealer, I am to call him on July 15th and he should have all information on my projected build and delivery dates. Said he would have the information on the 15th because that is when Lotus closes the monthly book on allocations and I am first on the dealer's list. Fingers crossed..

As a follow up, I just heard from my dealer, I am to call him on July 15th and he should have all information on my projected build and delivery dates. Said he would have the information on the 15th because that is when Lotus closes the monthly book on allocations and I am first on the dealer's list. Fingers crossed..
Very promising! Here's hoping they arrive this year.