• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I4 Delivery Date USA/Canada Updates

I wonder how much the base I4 would be in the US. Having lived with the v6 manual FE for a few days now, there's definitely a few things I could probably live without if I were to decide to get an i4, the first being the KEF audio system.
I've read mix reviews on the KEF audio. Too bad they don't offer a Bose.
Interesting you have A V6 and thinking of getting the i4.
I have a deposit at my local dealer and having a hard time deciding on the i4 or V6 auto.

I had an order for the i4 and I got the same email earlier this week.

I've also been asked if I wanted to switch to the V6 auto since I've asked the dealer about it earlier. I can't find the thread about V6 auto vs i4, but I've heard i4 is better but everyone here seems to want the V6 auto?

Are there any safety features either the I4 such as blind spot monitoring. I saw a Chinese video somewhere that had the warning triangle in the side mirrors.

With the new date on i4 production does anyone know if the factory fixed or updated issues such as the AC, paint, and water in ECU?
I've had none of those issues on my UK i4 and the car currently lives outside, that's not to say things are definitely resolved as I've only had it a couple of months, but so far so good 🤞.

Are there any safety features either the I4 such as blind spot monitoring. I saw a Chinese video somewhere that had the warning triangle in the side mirrors.
The UK i4s don't have ADAS features such as ACC, BSM etc. It may be that you won't know for sure for NA cars until they arrive. I would assume though that, unless demanded by legislation, the functionality also won't be on the NA cars as Lotus will want to keep the cost of the car components down as much as possible.

I had an order for the i4 and I got the same email earlier this week.

I've also been asked if I wanted to switch to the V6 auto since I've asked the dealer about it earlier. I can't find the thread about V6 auto vs i4, but I've heard i4 is better but everyone here seems to want the V6 auto?
Better is a loaded term. It’s an option. Some will like the feel of the sportier transmission some, like me, wanted the sound and visible engine. If they make an AWD hybrid with the i4 similar to the BMW i8 I’d switch.