Any USA with a confirmed delivery date? When will they start to arrive stateside?

RCL

Reaction score
Hoping to learn when we'll start to see them stateside! This year, next year, what month. Who has a confirmed delivery date?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hoping to learn when we'll start to see them stateside! This year, next year, what month. Who has a confirmed delivery date?

Demo cars are scheduled to make appearances at LOG41 and Lotuspalooza so maybe check with your local dealer on if they’re included in that roadshow. Actual deliveries? Nobody knows.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Considering that delivery of U.S. cars are supposed to be about 6 months behind delivery of U.K. cars, and we're almost into month 8 of this year without any U.K. cars being delivered yet, I'd say we're not going to see any customer cars in the U.S. until at least January of next year.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering that delivery of U.S. cars are supposed to be about 6 months behind delivery of U.K. cars, and we're almost into month 8 of this year without any U.K. cars being delivered yet, I'd say we're not going to see any customer cars in the U.S. until at least January of next year.

Exactly. Plus transport and port cert delays. I'm betting March-April (so officially 1 year past the original Spring 2022 target).

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Exactly. Plus transport and port cert delays. I'm betting March-April (so officially 1 year past the original Spring 2022 target).
I really do hope it's not into April, I may just get something else at that point.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I really do hope it's not into April, I may just get something else at that point.
Trust me, I've been kicking myself for not buying an Evora or Cayman to hold me over. I would have if I had known it'd be a ~2 year wait since my initial deposit to delivery.

My dealer still says November, but we all know that's not happening. I had so many plans for the Emira this year that aren't going to happen now. 😔 I've been trying to stay positive about the car, but it's hard for me to not feel disappointed and underwhelmed at this point. Reviews weren't as stellar as I had hoped and the lack of comms from Lotus (especially Lotus of US) is really bumming me out. I'd like to at least have the option to get my $5k back.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Trust me, I've been kicking myself for not buying an Evora or Cayman to hold me over. I would have if I had known it'd be a ~2 year wait since my initial deposit to delivery.

My dealer still says November, but we all know that's not happening. I had so many plans for the Emira this year that aren't going to happen now. 😔 I've been trying to stay positive about the car, but it's hard for me to not feel disappointed and underwhelmed at this point. Reviews weren't as stellar as I had hoped and the lack of comms from Lotus (especially Lotus of US) is really bumming me out. I'd like to at least have the option to get my $5k back.
Really do feel you on all of this. Thankfully my $2500 is fully refundable. But I've forgone the entire season of track time because I was under the impression I'd be getting a car sometime in late summer/early fall.

I've even gone so far as to remove track modifications on my current fun car.

The longer we wait, finance rates are going up and the used market is starting to show signs of softening up which means lower used sale for me.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Really do feel you on all of this. Thankfully my $2500 is fully refundable. But I've forgone the entire season of track time because I was under the impression I'd be getting a car sometime in late summer/early fall.

I've even gone so far as to remove track modifications on my current fun car.

The longer we wait, finance rates are going up and the used market is starting to show signs of softening up which means lower used sale for me.

Yup, exactly. I could have sold my GTI for what I paid for it new back in 2017. Could have thrown the Neuspeeds on my wife's GLI and sold some other parts and actually came out on top!

Hopefully I'll get a track day or two in before winter with the GTI. I'm just a little bored with it and never really get to drive since I work remote. It's going to be hard to justify keeping both when (if) the Emira arrives.

SemiF19

Reaction score
I'm normally not one to side with car companies, but I think in the current environment LOTUS is doing all they can to get this car to customers, it's simply not possible to stay on the planned timeline due to circumstances out of their control. I'm as frustrated as anyone with the delays, and the lack of information, but I'm trying to stay positive. One thing I will say is communication is free so what I do believe should be happening is weekly, at the very worst monthly updates on the status if these cars needs to be put out. When there's no communication people will automatically think the worst. I am glad the CEO came out publicly and promised the cars would stay at the advertised price, that's the only thing keeping me in the game right now (that and how gorgeous the car is).

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm normally not one to side with car companies, but I think in the current environment LOTUS is doing all they can to get this car to customers, it's simply not possible to stay on the planned timeline due to circumstances out of their control. I'm as frustrated as anyone with the delays, and the lack of information, but I'm trying to stay positive. One thing I will say is communication is free so what I do believe should be happening is weekly, at the very worst monthly updates on the status if these cars needs to be put out. When there's no communication people will automatically think the worst. I am glad the CEO came out publicly and promised the cars would stay at the advertised price, that's the only thing keeping me in the game right now (that and how gorgeous the car is).
I agree, Lotus wants to make money...It's a business, and not delivering cars, is not part of their plan. They however should be doing more to keep depositors interested. More comm's and appreciation goes a long way. I think once UK deliveries start we will get that Emira excitement back, at least I hope so!

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was telling a friend about our limbo type of situation, and he had some thoughts.

His opinion is that by no fault of their own, Lotus honestly has no idea when they will be able to start building a volume of cars due to supply chain issues, etc.

Because of this, they should be honest and say so. But they are probably too afraid that a ton of people will pull their deposits if they basically come out and say "we have no idea when you are going to get your car".

So instead, they keep missing deadlines that they themselves put out there. This is causing a ton of frustration.

All of this made a lot of sense to me.

Perhaps those of you that are brand loyal already have a leg to stand on, because you know for sure that the drive is worth the hassle that goes along with it.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Actually March or April would be better for me because winter is mostly over and I'd be able to drive the car. My dealer originally said he was expecting delivery in November or December, but by then we have snow. I would have accepted the car anyways just to have it in my garage, but I'm not driving it when there's snow and ice on the roads. It would have sat in my garage until March or April anyways.

At this point, there's nothing else I want. I'll just wait patiently until my dealer tells me my car is on the way.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was telling a friend about our limbo type of situation, and he had some thoughts.

His opinion is that by no fault of their own, Lotus honestly has no idea when they will be able to start building a volume of cars due to supply chain issues, etc.

Because of this, they should be honest and say so. But they are probably too afraid that a ton of people will pull their deposits if they basically come out and say "we have no idea when you are going to get your car".

So instead, they keep missing deadlines that they themselves put out there. This is causing a ton of frustration.

Perhaps those of you that are brand loyal already have a leg to stand on, because you know for sure that the drive is worth the hassle that goes along with it.
I don’t know if they’re worried about loss of deposits if they say something vague. I do know they have a key principle (explained to me back in Jan) of not communicating unless they have accurate info. I think that approach doesn’t work when you have uncertainty and delays. They keep saying “we’ll tell you more soon” and then those updates drag on. It feels like they’re waiting to get more accurate supply chain info before telling people, which kind of makes sense, but it’s leaving an information vacuum at a time when people are getting twitchy about staying in the queue, particularly with delays now into the winter or well into 2023.

I should be in the first batch of 100ish cars and they should start deliveries in 4-6 weeks. But I still can’t get any confirmation that I’m in that batch or if I’ll get delivery in Aug or Sept. That’s frustrating but I’m OK to be patient and wait another few weeks. If I was waiting to hear if my car was going to be 2022 or 2023 I think I’d be more frustrated.

I do think the car will be worth the wait. I was prepared to buy an early car without a test drive, because I knew what the Lotus team had previously achieved with a small budget and understood where they were investing all the extra money and expertise from Geely.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

This makes sense. Giving out more vague information is probably worse than giving none. However, the push for customer appreciation should be high. Use this time to stay relevant. Doing a company re-launch is a difficult task, and if one of your goals is to grow into new markets (electric, suv etc.) they will need to be exemplary. Better than the competetion in more than one way. They don't have the dealer network, or brand recognition of a Porsche, Ferrari, Aston. Due to this, I am still very surprised that they have not given an all out push. Maybe send deposit holders a key chain in the mail and a letter appreciating the business? Small things matter to the auto enthusiast and that for the most part are all the early depositors, we love cars and the company ethos matters.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Actually March or April would be better for me because winter is mostly over and I'd be able to drive the car. My dealer originally said he was expecting delivery in November or December, but by then we have snow. I would have accepted the car anyways just to have it in my garage, but I'm not driving it when there's snow and ice on the roads. It would have sat in my garage until March or April anyways.

At this point, there's nothing else I want. I'll just wait patiently until my dealer tells me my car is on the way.
Same boat and am actually happy with a Mar/Apr delivery as it will just be wet springtime instead of who knows what during winter. There are definitely lots of good days during the winter but I have other vehicles to fill the gap. While I want it as quickly as possible, I'm completely satisfied with another 8-10mo wait. I mean I've already had a deposit over a year at this point anyway, what's another :)

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My order was placed the month after my dealer placed their order for their demo. Production has sid 4 months so my October build November delivery is now next year😱. Saw an Acura NSX and thought about buying it today. It had 8k and was really clean.
I have a 981 Boxster GTS and it’s getting lonely in our garage… I would be happy just to see one in person…My wife suggested we travel to England… Seeing one in the flesh would really help… getting tired of looking at the pictures..
Hoping for some good news.