It's finally happening - UK customer deliveries are starting

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We were beginning to think it would get delayed yet again. Today Lotus have started contacting the first UK customers about delivery dates for their cars. This is the initial batch of 20-25 and delivery dates confirmed so far are this week and next.

Stand by for pictures of smiling happy UK customers with their shiny new Emiras. Not just "soon" but specifically on Friday and Monday (more dates tbc).

Whilst this may prompt mixed reactions from some who are further delayed and (like me) had earlier deposits than the people now taking delivery, let's set that to one side for this thread and celebrate the start of customer deliveries.

Y4GH3ECGGNHFXMWYHDVDEVSF4E.jpg

We were beginning to think it would get delayed yet again. Today Lotus have started contacting the first UK customers about delivery dates for their cars. This is the initial batch of 20-25 and delivery dates confirmed so far are this week and next.

Stand by for pictures of smiling happy UK customers with their shiny new Emiras. Not just "soon" but specifically on Friday and Monday (more dates tbc).

Whilst this may prompt mixed reactions from some who are further delayed and (like me) had earlier deposits than the people now taking delivery, let's set that to one side for this thread and celebrate the start of customer deliveries.

Lets hope that they start rolling them out quickly 👍👌

Gosh that is soon, Friday or Monday. Can’t wait for the “long term reports” trickling in whilst we all wait months for ours. What’s good what’s not good etc..

Very exciting! I was told this morning that calls would be starting from Wednesday onwards, so maybe things have sped up and are ahead of schedule for the first time ever!

So, has anyone actually got a delivery date booked? I was advised I would know more on Wednesday.

Excellent, and not a moment too soon. (y)

However, does this mean that most of those who are taking delivery will not have test driven Emira, unless they are Harry or Schmee, or those who signed up to one or more sessions at the LDA?

However, does this mean that most of those who are taking delivery will not have test driven Emira, unless they are Harry or Schmee, or those who signed up to one or more sessions at the LDA?
you have to assume so..
I personally dont think this is a big deal...... not many people on here have this as an ONLY car and most can afford to buy it and potentially sell it if they have to and maybe lose some money, which they really shouldn't.

ive bought my five last cars without trying them first and only in the case of @Leonard s Yaris GR did I regret it, but again, made a little money upon selling it, so not a big deal.
Once again, I think the only people who will be let down by the car are those used to 5/600 HP cars or those who want to track it like there is going to be a ban on tracking in 2024... the rest of us should be relatively content knowing we got something which isn't a porsche like everyone else has, or isnt an alpine which is uglier than my first g/f.... she was cute by the way, but that was only a few years ago anyway

Will these customer cars arrive before the dealer demo cars?
That’s unclear. The demo cars are arriving in the next 1-3 weeks, so first customer cars could be before demos.

That’s right, they won’t be able to test drive before delivery. They had the option to wait but are going ahead.

That’s unclear. The demo cars are arriving in the next 1-3 weeks, so first customer cars could be before demos

Please could anyone who has a delivery date booked, please message me about the final stages of the process? 🙏

you have to assume so..
I personally dont think this is a big deal...... not many people on here have this as an ONLY car and most can afford to buy it and potentially sell it if they have to and maybe lose some money, which they really shouldn't.

ive bought my five last cars without trying them first and only in the case of @Leonard s Yaris GR did I regret it, but again, made a little money upon selling it, so not a big deal.
Once again, I think the only people who will be let down by the car are those used to 5/600 HP cars or those who want to track it like there is going to be a ban on tracking in 2024... the rest of us should be relatively content knowing we got something which isn't a porsche like everyone else has, or isnt an alpine which is uglier than my first g/f.... she was cute by the way, but that was only a few years ago anyway
I told my dealer there is no need to test drive just deliver it to my door as soon as it’s ready , driving on busy a and B roads with some one next to me making me stick within the law does nothing for me .. I will drive it side ways daily and that will do just fine 😂👌

I'm sensing a business opportunity here, for the right owner.
#For the Driver Deficit
I got invited to go and test drive the first new Focus RS way back in the day.
Only issue was the dealer didn't own it, it was a customer car and he was charging £100 a ride 😅
Needless to say I didn't bother. But I heard at least 20 other people did.

I got invited to go and test drive the first new Focus RS way back in the day.
Only issue was the dealer didn't own it, it was a customer car and he was charging £100 a ride 😅
Needless to say I didn't bother. But I heard at least 20 other people did.
Sure it was a customer car and not the local Matlock car jacking gang? ;)