Test drives and final stage of buying process for UK July delivery batch

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This. I shudder to think how support will be like after purchase: parts, warranty issues, good will fixes after warranty, etc.
You will be fine as long as you lock in what's going to break 8 months before it actually does. Otherwise they put it back by another 3 months.. 😉

Last edited:

Flashback

Reaction score
You‘re all aware of some of the discussions I’ve had with Lotus. There has been other stuff I haven’t shared. Some because I was asked not to publish info about the car. Some about what’s going on inside Lotus, as it’s not fair to say too much about that. And lastly there’s stuff about how Lotus have treated me - as a customer and a community member.

Some of it has been shabby, disheartening, condescending and rude. I’ve been “warned off” from pushing on some topics. I’ve found out some of my feedback has been discounted because I’m apparently part of the “old guard” Lotus community and a trouble maker and not the target demographic for New Lotus. I could give more examples but won’t. It doesn’t affect you folks and your buying journey, which we all know and talk about anyway.
If that's how they think about (and treat) you they're on borrowed time.

It's bizarre that pushing for news and wanting updates is considered "old guard", given that customers of yesteryear will be well used to the idiosyncratic ways of a small, low-volume car company, whereas many of us are completely new to Lotus and will have very much "new guard" expectations about what comes with spending £80k on a car.

Hethel shouldn't be surprised by that; they wanted to join the big league with high volumes and a 'less niche' product. If expecting to be kept up to date with progress - in fact wanting any news at all, really - is being seen as wanting too much then it's worrying to say the least.

(Just to add, I'm another who really appreciates your efforts and the content you're providing on this forum @TomE because without it, like many, I'd have only had the sum total of around 4 content-lacking emails and 2 fairly unhelpful phone calls since parting with the deposit nearly a year ago.)

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m a customer and community member. I’m not a Lotus rep or ambassador, nor a forum rep or shop steward representing a group of owners to Lotus.
Your April 1 post was awesome - I completely bought it. Shame it wasn't true!