An evening at Lotus Sussex

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all

Just come back from the Eletre evening at Caffyns Lotus in Lewes...couple of Eletre and Emira updates to impart for the good people on here

Eletre
I got to have a proper sit and poke around this time (was only able to admire the outside at Goodwood). Have to say the quality of fit and finish was really very good... feels like a class vehicle. All the buttons had a very solid and quality feel to them. Even enjoyed the quality of the base wool weave interior. The leather swatches and coloured car moulds they had were also very nice.
The yellow is a proper metallic with wonderful fleck (what they should have done with the Emira IMHO), but they also had some other very unusual colours that don't look anything like the configurator, such as a slightly pinkish silver pearlescent affair.
The UK Eletre configurator is not yet finalised so watch out for an update in about a week's time
The boot looked large enough for my two dogs (a german shepherd and border collie)...and the finished boot I was told would be even bigger still than this pre-production display model.
Weirdly, the 4 seater layout is a £5k option in the UK...but it is the reverse in China. It is our pricing that looks the bargain as the 5 seat version retains the centre screen and has the benefit of a 60:40 split fold to extend the boot (which you cannot do at all on the 4 seat version)
Seating position was commanding with a great (and large) HUD. Also liked the camera mirrors, though the screens for these looked a little small for my liking.
The cup holders were quality ;-) and the centre console very deep and accommodating
Glass full roof, and carbon fitments are stunning
Deliveries should commence around April 2023 and I was told mine would probably be around July time (I placed my deposit at Goodwood this year)

Emira
UK dealer cars are all intended to have been delivered by the end of this week
Email to customers to access the test drive booking systems is expected to go out on Monday giving early access to all those with a deposit on an FEV6 Manual on a first come first served basis. After a few weeks the booking system will be opened up to the general (non-deposit holding) public.
Dealers are generally not receiving their initial spec choices due to all the issues Lotus has faced in manufacturing
Speaking to several of the factory guys they are all in agreement that the car drives most closely in nature to the GT410 of the old range, but they all agreed the Emira was a better car to drive, and better quality (biased I know, but the Emira apparently retains the Lotus DNA and will feel suitably raw and sporty...they were also at pains to say that from their experience it did not feel like the car ran out of puff too early at 6800 rpm as some have commented)...but I will reserve all judgements till I have experienced it myself.

The guys couldn't have been more apologetic about the issues they have faced that have led to the delays and comms challenges to customers...hopefully with the first UK final deliveries due tomorrow we will start to see more reporting on the cars themselves and driving experiences and less commentary on the continued challenges.

I'm beginning to get excited again and looking forward to booking my test drive.

Thanks for updates
So the demo rides opens up to all deposit holders at the same time- I thought Lotus were going to prioritise by your delivery date so at least early customers can get chance to demo before there car is delivered rather than a customer who hasn’t even got a delivery date yet ?

Thanks for updates
So the demo rides opens up to all deposit holders at the same time- I thought Lotus were going to prioritise by your delivery date so at least early customers can get chance to demo before there car is delivered rather than a customer who hasn’t even got a delivery date yet ?
Wishful thinking I can’t see anyone not going ahead after a test drive based on all the positive reviews.
If a buyer doesn’t like the “test” we all bump up the queue if they cancel

Thanks for updates
That would have probably been the ideal, but this is close. I think the two week window in which only those with deposits can book ahead of others should work for most of us, and you now have a heads up time of Monday to be on alert for the email access code to the booking system

That would have probably been the ideal, but this is close. I think the two week window in which only those with deposits can book ahead of others should work for most of us, and you now have a heads up time of Monday to be on alert for the email access code to the booking system
Yup you only bump if you have a Nimbus, red caliper, silver wheel, black alcantara with red stitch on order