• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus already sold 2200 Emira in the first half of this year

ayoyo

Reaction score
Lotus already sold 2200 Emira in the first half of this year. But what's even more shocking is it already received 17,000 order for all cars. The bulk of it comes from the Eletre. This is very shocking to me as Eletre is a very expensive SUV. Can this resurgence of the Lotus brand continue? Or it is just a temporily surge.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
To be pedantic, they didn't "sell" 2,200 Emiras in the first half, they manufactured them. The sales took place over the past three years.

But you're right, the company has real momentum. They are putting out ~4,500 Emiras a year now, and the Electre order book is MUCH stronger than I expected. I still think the plan of getting to 150,000 vehicles a year is delusional, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think Eletre might be a bigger success than I originally thought. From every review I have seen, it is a real contender in the performance EV SUV scene. If they get the build quality right in china, the orders will be coming in.

What really competes against Eletre? -Tesla model X is the only one I can think of that has the performance and brand cache.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
can you link the source for this info?

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To be pedantic, they didn't "sell" 2,200 Emiras in the first half, they manufactured them. The sales took place over the past three years.

But you're right, the company has real momentum. They are putting out ~4,500 Emiras a year now, and the Electre order book is MUCH stronger than I expected. I still think the plan of getting to 150,000 vehicles a year is delusional, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
I think it's both manufactured AND sold. The sales didn't take place until the car was delivered. Deposits were made over the last 3 years, but those are not actual sales.