A special treat coming ̷s̷o̷o̷n̷ ̷ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ sometime .... NOW LIVE :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We have a special treat tomorrow, so keep an eye on here during the UK morning. This isn't the announcement of Eletre pricing!

One of our forum members and Emira deposit holders has had unrestricted access to drive and film a full UK production spec Emira. This is a proper customer drive and review, supported by Lotus HQ. I've not seen it yet but have spoken to the lucky person and I'm excited to see their video and read their feedback.

As a bonus, they've also got video footage of each First Edition colour, the majority of interior trims, all the wheel options, Lower Black Pack and Full Black Pack cars and cars with/without privacy glass.

Coming ̷s̷o̷o̷n̷ ̷ tomorrow!

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
We have a special treat tomorrow, so keep an eye on here during the UK morning. This isn't the announcement of Eletre pricing!

One of our forum members and Emira deposit holders has had unrestricted access to drive and film a full UK production spec Emira. This is a proper customer drive and review, supported by Lotus HQ. I've not seen it yet but have spoken to the lucky person and I'm excited to see their video and read their feedback.

As a bonus, they've also got video footage of each First Edition colour, the majority of interior trims, all the wheel options, Lower Black Pack and Full Black Pack cars and cars with/without privacy glass.

What is going to drastically change between the demo and production car?

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score

It’s finally all happening 🍾

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just pics or discussion (seats my big worry)
Video of the seat colours (one missing I think) and feedback from brisk road driving. It’s a forum member, so I’m sure they’ll be on here to expand on the review and answer questions.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Only 6 months late, and they made a customer do the filming once again instead of their own professional photographers or videographers. Makes no sense

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Take the positive. We eventually persuaded them to let someone outside Lotus do it. It’s taken a lot of work behind the scenes to get the opportunity.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not drastic. Lots of final tweaks on seats, gear change, displays software, ECU mapping, build process etc.

ECU mapping you say? How long ago was this filmed? Surprised if there are still tweaks happening since customer cars have already been delivered. 🤔

Looking forward to the video review!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
ECU mapping you say? How long ago was this filmed? Surprised if there are still tweaks happening since customer cars have already been delivered. 🤔

The original question was what has changed since pre-prod cars, which is what all press reviews have featured. Production spec was finalised over a month ago. This video was filmed on Friday. Hope that clarifies things.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Are you back in the fold? I’m counting on a ride

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The original question was what has changed since pre-prod cars, which is what all press reviews have featured. Production spec was finalised over a month ago. This video was filmed on Friday. Hope that clarifies things.

Ah, I misread the original question. Phew... (though I wouldn't be upset if the delayed UK and US orders got revised ECU mapping :LOL:).

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

So that’s where @Evotion has been hiding??

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ah, I misread the original question. Phew... (though I wouldn't be upset if the delayed UK and US orders got revised ECU mapping :LOL:).

To be fair, if Lotus decide to update software for the ECU, HCI, IPS etc then updates will be applied next time the car goes to the dealer.