2025 Deadline with Production starting in 2023?

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have seen rumors going around on here that by model year 2025 (essentially end of production year 2024), the v6 Emira will be phased out due to emissions. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny this with some level of certainty. However, my concern is that since we have basically all accepted we will probably not really see significant numbers rolling off the line until at least beginning 2023... is Lotus capable of actually meeting the demand of even all the early deposits, not to mention people who may be interested once they see them on the street? Is it possible that the clock runs out and a bunch of deposit holders don't ever get a real allocation? Our deposits say that we are not guaranteed a build slot, 2 years really isn't all that long, and I have hardly seen signs of the supply chain issues improving dramatically any time soon. Again, hopefully someone can just come in here and tell me that the 2025 deadline is false.

G

Guest142

I can neither confirm or deny. Information has all but dried up. I am in the first group of cars to arrive in the U.S. and its looking more like March '23 for delivery as the weeks go by without UK customers getting orders. My dealer has not been informed of any U.S. delays as of yet but that will have to change as we are rapidly approaching August in just 10 days.

I am encouraging as many buyers as I can to be as patient as possible. I knew this was going to take time at the beginning and I willingly signed up. I'm more than able to be patient while Lotus works through the process. Setting my sights on a March '23 delivery (reasonably) anything sooner would be a very welcome surprise. However, nothing official to support my expectations.

I wouldn't think Lotus would come out and make that announcement as it obviously will depress initial sales numbers (deposit holders would bail pretty quickly causing panic reactions among other deposit holders). Give it a month or two and excitement around the Emira will be back as by then UK customers should be receiving orders (hopefully).

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can neither confirm or deny. Information has all but dried up. I am in the first group of cars to arrive in the U.S. and its looking more like March '23 for delivery as the weeks go by without UK customers getting orders. My dealer has not been informed of any U.S. delays as of yet but that will have to change as we are rapidly approaching August in just 10 days.

I am encouraging as many buyers as I can to be as patient as possible. I knew this was going to take time at the beginning and I willingly signed up. I'm more than able to be patient while Lotus works through the process. Setting my sights on a March '23 delivery (reasonably) anything sooner would be a very welcome surprise. However, nothing official to support my expectations.

I wouldn't think Lotus would come out and make that announcement as it obviously will depress initial sales numbers (deposit holders would bail pretty quickly causing panic reactions among other deposit holders). Give it a month or two and excitement around the Emira will be back as by then UK customers should be receiving orders (hopefully).

Are you just guessing on the Mar 23? Thats what I am estimating as well. I am also in the first batch US cars. Patience can only last so long, I want some information, something.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have posted a few times about my opinion on North America allocation allotment vs. ROW. The V6 Emira will most likely be sold out by the end of this year. Based on a max output of 7500 cars in 2023 total about 20-30% of that will be for NA. That's about 2,500 cars. Not a lot. There is around 43 dealers in US/CAN. Almost every dealer I have talked to has taken well over 150+ deposits. That places current deposits around 6500-8000 total deposits. Would take 3 solid years of production to pump that out. This is without delays and more deposits happening everyday.

I don't think Lotus will be able to get 7,500 cars out in 2023. Especially with adding the base model / adding i4 and different options etc. Will take some time to get everything running smoothly. It is possible that people placing new deposits today won't get a V6. However, I do think some people will drop off the lists as well.

G

Guest142

Are you just guessing on the Mar 23? Thats what I am estimating as well. I am also in the first batch US cars. Patience can only last so long, I want some information, something.
My estimate is based on production & shipping times without consideration for further delays at port etc. with 6 months to production and a month in transit lands squarely at March from now. Again, no indication from my dealer of U.S. delays. I'm not sure if Lotus is rolling the orders out simultaneously (which I don't believe is the case). We'll see how it goes but it's looking like later rather than sooner.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As alternative........free from all the hassle with the Emira........ snap one of the last new 2021 Evora GT's available in the USA.
You can drive immediately....... the best / last Evora ever made......problem free and........416 hp's
There are now only 6 brand new left on Autotrader ranging from $ 119.450,- to $ 111.550,-.
In Continental Europe all new Evora GT's are sold out for some time already.
In 2021 I consciously chose the Evora GT; I did not want to wait for years for an Emira 6v, which in the Netherlands in the mean time has become more expensive than what I paid for my new dark metallic grey Evora GT 410 Sport which is everywhere fully loaded with expensive carbon parts and build on a high quality level the Emira still has to show us.

signal-2022-05-05-225840_001.jpeg
signal-2022-05-05-225753_003.jpeg
IMG_20220207_153110 (2).jpg

Last edited:
G

Guest142

As alternative........free from all the hassle with the Emira........ snap one of the last new 2021 Evora GT's available in the USA.
You can drive immediately....... the best / last Evora ever made......problem free and........416 hp's
There are now only 6 brand new left on Autotrader ranging from $ 119.450,- to $ 111.550,-.
In Continental Europe all new Evora GT's are sold out for some time already.
In 2021 I consciously chose the Evora GT; I did not want to wait for years for an Emira 6v, which in the Netherlands in the mean time has become more expensive than what I paid for my new Evora GT 410 Sport.

View attachment 7567View attachment 7568View attachment 7570

No, thank you.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have seen rumors going around on here that by model year 2025 (essentially end of production year 2024), the v6 Emira will be phased out due to emissions. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny this with some level of certainty. However, my concern is that since we have basically all accepted we will probably not really see significant numbers rolling off the line until at least beginning 2023... is Lotus capable of actually meeting the demand of even all the early deposits, not to mention people who may be interested once they see them on the street? Is it possible that the clock runs out and a bunch of deposit holders don't ever get a real allocation? Our deposits say that we are not guaranteed a build slot, 2 years really isn't all that long, and I have hardly seen signs of the supply chain issues improving dramatically any time soon. Again, hopefully someone can just come in here and tell me that the 2025 deadline is false.

This is why I’ve already reserved a 2nd Emira. If this plays out, I’ll want one of the last ones and the value on my first edition should remain very high.

The EU did announce an emissions extension for low volume manufacturers, which Lotus is not if you count the stuff rolling off the line in Wuhan, but unclear to me if 0 emission vehicles count or If fancy accounting to can keep lotus small (spinning off the sports car division).

Guess we’ll see. I’ve hedged with a 2nd deposit.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
No one knows. Let's save some 0s and 1s

OP
SmallerBaller

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have posted a few times about my opinion on North America allocation allotment vs. ROW. The V6 Emira will most likely be sold out by the end of this year. Based on a max output of 7500 cars in 2023 total about 20-30% of that will be for NA. That's about 2,500 cars. Not a lot. There is around 43 dealers in US/CAN. Almost every dealer I have talked to has taken well over 150+ deposits. That places current deposits around 6500-8000 total deposits. Would take 3 solid years of production to pump that out. This is without delays and more deposits happening everyday.

I don't think Lotus will be able to get 7,500 cars out in 2023. Especially with adding the base model / adding i4 and different options etc. Will take some time to get everything running smoothly. It is possible that people placing new deposits today won't get a V6. However, I do think some people will drop off the lists as well.
This is not what I like to hear. I am pretty late to the party... deposit in April of this year. That math isn't too far off from my estimates, but worse. I'd be extremely upset to wait and watch delays for years to find out I am not getting one, AND missed an opportunity to have a 718.

OP
SmallerBaller

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No one knows. Let's save some 0s and 1s
Weird, thought this was a forum specifically for generally discussing Emiras, under a subtopic of "Lotus Emira Talk!" That comment is burning some 1s and 0s, too! 😬

In all seriousness, many people can contribute information (or calculated speculations) that can help us all to prepare, manage expectations, or even look for other options!

G

Guest142

This is not what I like to hear. I am pretty late to the party... deposit in April of this year. That math isn't too far off from my estimates, but worse. I'd be extremely upset to wait and watch delays for years to find out I am not getting one, AND missed an opportunity to have a 718.
No need to be upset. Go buy a 718. And be happy. I'm buying an Emira. Don't care if I wait til '25.

OP
SmallerBaller

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No need to be upset. Go buy a 718. And be happy. I'm buying an Emira. Don't care if I wait til '25.
Well that is the thing... I also don't care if I wait til '25... or 26, etc. I want an Emira, not a 718, or I wouldn't be here! But I DONT want to wait til '25 and NOT get one.

G

Guest142

Weird, thought this was a forum specifically for generally discussing Emiras, under a subtopic of "Lotus Emira Talk!" That comment is burning some 1s and 0s, too! 😬

In all seriousness, many people can contribute information (or calculated speculations) that can help us all to prepare, manage expectations, or even look for other options!
It seems there is a contingency here who seek to sour or capitalize on souring Emira buyers into the purchase of a different vehicle. Which I will not do.

OP
SmallerBaller

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It seems there is a contingency here who seek to sour or capitalize on souring Emira buyers into the purchase of a different vehicle. Which I will not do.
Well that is the thing... I also don't care if I wait til '25... or 26, etc. I want an Emira, not a 718, or I wouldn't be here! But I DONT want to wait til '25 and NOT get one.
Not sure how these two jive, if that is an implication that I am trying to persuade others to not get an Emira? Genuinely not sure what you're getting at, but that's okay, I wasn't trying to argue! Just wish I had some sort of promise that I would eventually be receiving one and not possibly waiting on nothing. I appreciate the estimations from earlier, they make sense to me.

LotusRising

Reaction score

Not sure if this helps but I placed my deposit in LA a month ago and was told I would be around 300. When I called Vegas and Denver I was told I would be around 60 at each place. All three places told me quarter four 2023. Either that’s a good thing they’re showing consistency or it’s just them spewing Lotus USA propaganda.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you deposited in April, I would think you will receive an allocation mid to end of 2023 and get your car delivered in early 2024. The reason I say V6 will be sold out by end of year / q1 2023 is because they still haven't delivered dealer demo cars, or done US/europe/ROW YouTube reviews yet. There will be a HUGE amount of Emira content from UK owners coming out from September to December this year as well. These things will be HUGE for new customers to place deposits. Assuming the reviews will be generally positive of course. So I think you are safe on getting a V6 Manual or anyone depositing soon.

As for dealerships telling you what place you are in or how many deposits they have. Take that with a grain of salt. Some will want to take your money for deposit and not tell you your exact place in line. Some dealers will place people ahead of you for various reasons like relationship, trade-in etc. Some dealers will be completely honest and up front. End of the day Lotus does know when you placed a deposit based on your number received from Lotus HQ, so they can't push it around too much I think.

Stick with the Emira, it's a special car compared to a 718 GTS IMO (unless your talking about a 718 Spyder.... different discussion for a different thread)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure if this helps but I placed my deposit in LA a month ago and was told I would be around 300. When I called Vegas and Denver I was told I would be around 60 at each place. All three places told me quarter four 2023. Either that’s a good thing they’re showing consistency or it’s just them spewing Lotus USA propaganda.
I would think Q4 2023 is a bit close. Q1 2024 more likely... but again I don't know what the drop out rate would usually be. One thing I am sure of, once those dealer cars hit showrooms..... that is when you will see a lot more deposits coming in. Great days ahead for Lotus I would say.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

I just feel there are so many threads with so much speculation and zero facts that when questions like the OP one pop up...it's clear we are all wasting our time debating. Just my 2c