USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting, they were only going to contact 12 people for test drives over 2 days? Especially when they are expecting 50 cars next year? Seems odd. I know at Oakville they advertised and invited anyone to come out for a look at the Emira, they certainly did contact people that are not getting an F/E to book a test drive. I also noticed that there was some people there that did not even have a deposit going for a test drive. I found this interesting. You would think with well over a 100 deposits that this would be completely slammed. We will never know the real answer, but my guess and I have zero proof - but based on how crazy the UK test drive situation is, I don't believe the deposits for the Emira in the GTA are in the 150+ range. It makes no sense for a dealer to take a deposit to say we will get your car in 2026/7.

Also being #54 would place you in getting a car in 2024 (model year 2025) no? Based on the allocations being given for next year production? Was that the estimate you were given?
I am not 100% certain that they were only going to call FE depositors. It was what I deduced from our conversation and the fact that they did not send out any information to their deposit holders, nor were they calling me. It could very well be that they had a cut-off number and I didn't make the cut. Who knows? Either way... frustrating!

Gentry is very restrictive about what information they provide (especially in written form). However, when I asked, they said that it is very likely that at #54, I should see a car in late 2023. Obviously, no guarantees!

Let's hope that Lotus can over-deliver on production expectations... Based on what we are seeing to date, I'm not holding my breath!

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
FYI - I am deposit holder #54 at Gentry (Toronto) and they did not contact me for a test drive. When I contacted them (3 or 4 days before they got the demo), they had seat times available. From what I gathered from our discussion, it appeared that they had no intention of calling anyone other than the early FE depositors, but I could be wrong. I'm curious to know if non-FE depositors were contacted by Gentry (Toronto).
Same for me, I’m in early 30s…I heard it on here that they were supposed to get a car at X date about a week or two in advance so I reached out to them…can’t say whether or not I would have been contacted. By the sounds of it that’s correct and makes sense, they eluded they were contacting early depositors but not sure up to what number. It makes sense as they were getting the car For 2 days and prioritized the calls to those first on the list, I think a lot of the early depositors didn’t take up so they had room to keep inviting more ppl but you can’t just send out a blast to 170 first come first serve and have all the slots booked by ppl who won’t get a car until 2025 who can come spend plenty time with the demo they may get in December and say sorry to the person who’s #20 who may get called to put their order and spec through any day now.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am not 100% certain that they were only going to call FE depositors. It was what I deduced from our conversation and the fact that they did not send out any information to their deposit holders, nor were they calling me. It could very well be that they had a cut-off number and I didn't make the cut. Who knows? Either way... frustrating!

Gentry is very restrictive about what information they provide (especially in written form). However, when I asked, they said that it is very likely that at #54, I should see a car in late 2023. Obviously, no guarantees!

Let's hope that Lotus can over-deliver on production expectations... Based on what we are seeing to date, I'm not holding my breath!
Yeah makes sense of course more likelihood of delays vs being ahead of schedule. Lines up with what I was told of “Summer” based on receiving 5 a month and being in the early 30s, nobody told me this but doing the math and working backwards that likely means they expect first FE cars to get delivered Januaryish and I’d get a call to place order (3 months ahead of delivery?) so March/April and you’d be July/August?

lotusnewb

Reaction score
Yeah makes sense of course more likelihood of delays vs being ahead of schedule. Lines up with what I was told of “Summer” based on receiving 5 a month and being in the early 30s, nobody told me this but doing the math and working backwards that likely means they expect first FE cars to get delivered Januaryish and I’d get a call to place order (3 months ahead of delivery?) so March/April and you’d be July/August?
Hey, I'm also a deposit holder at Oakville. I test drove the car on November 5. What month did you place your deposit? I thought I was late in the game (January 2022), but got a call for a test drive.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey, I'm also a deposit holder at Oakville. I test drove the car on November 5. What month did you place your deposit? I thought I was late in the game (January 2022), but got a call for a test drive.
July 2021

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
FYI - I am deposit holder #54 at Gentry (Toronto) and they did not contact me for a test drive. When I contacted them (3 or 4 days before they got the demo), they had seat times available. From what I gathered from our discussion, it appeared that they had no intention of calling anyone other than the early FE depositors, but I could be wrong. I'm curious to know if non-FE depositors were contacted by Gentry (Toronto).
I’m deposit #39 @ Gentry and I was in fact contacted by Paul at the dealership regarding the 2 days of test drives they had available. I was contacted 4 days prior to the test drive days (Wednesday & Thursday). However, Paul said that FE deposits (first 12 based on their first allocation) were being given priority for test drives but that I could be on a reserve list for the test drives and also be welcomed to at least view the car even if a test drive didn’t work out.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
went for a test drive yesterday in Montreal, was really happy with everything about the car. Can't wait for spring to come. Hopefully no more delays...
feel free to write up a review of the experience... did you drive sport or touring?

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
feel free to write up a review of the experience... did you drive sport or touring?
honestly everything has been covered in great details already... I drove the nimbus with touring suspension and goodyear tyres.

One thing I'll say, I own ( and track 5-6 days a year) a 981 Cayman GT4 for the past 4 years and I wasn't disapointed by the Emira. I think the Emira was more fun on the street, responsive engine at all RPM, great analog feel from all commands (throttle, pedals, steering, shifter, etc).

I'll post pictures later.

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Photos

Attachments

• PXL_20221108_204946306.jpg
    PXL_20221108_204946306.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20221108_202637053.jpg
    PXL_20221108_202637053.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20221108_205002814.jpg
    PXL_20221108_205002814.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 135
  • PXL_20221108_210158749.jpg
    PXL_20221108_210158749.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20221108_211948607.jpg
    PXL_20221108_211948607.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 134

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Naples, Aug 2 deposit was initially told I was #86, finalized my spec in May for a FE. Was told November now March per the mass email. Haven't heard from them since March

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this! My SA told me they’re expect 5 cars a month once the deliveries begin, the owner of the dealership said hoping for at least that. For reference on size they have over 170 deposits and got allocation of 12 FEs, had about 25 deposits before Goodwood 2021 so absolutely sucks if Lotus is gonna stick it to loyal early depositors with substantially higher pricing on FE spec base edition while many customers went to other dealerships in the US that had FE allocations going into September. The Lotus rep at the car tour is in marketing so he doesn’t have much pull but some of us strongly suggested they offer FE type spec pricing for example to July depositors otherwise it’s really not right and leaves a bad taste.
I don't understand what you're saying here - - what about pricing?

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Naples, Aug 2 deposit was initially told I was #86, finalized my spec in May for a FE. Was told November now March per the mass email. Haven't heard from them since March
So you’re #86 and you’re getting a FE while I’m #39 at my dealership and not getting a FE. I need to get my dual citizenship!

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am #4 in my State and my order went in April '22. Being told March/April delivery which meshes with the original post. We'll see.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
To be clear... Naples is the North America largest dealer... so they will have more allocations... He was initially #86 on August 2nd 2021... Sounds like people before him bailed or decided on the AMG. He is March production which means May delivery per the August update. Very doubtful that Naples received 86 or more V6 FE's. For context, Bellevue which is the second largest NA dealer received 40 V6 FE's.
It did sound like a huge allotment for any dealer. It’s actually ok with me that I’ll be going with a base config as a starting point because I feel I can end up with a more unique build. Besides, I could always “borrow” one of those dash FE plaques from a real FE. The owner would probably thank me!

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To be clear... Naples is the North America largest dealer... so they will have more allocations... He was initially #86 on August 2nd 2021... Sounds like people before him bailed or decided on the AMG. He is March production which means May delivery per the August update. Very doubtful that Naples received 86 or more V6 FE's. For context, Bellevue which is the second largest NA dealer received 40 V6 FE's.
Confirmed, between i4 depositors and drop offs is why I moved up, it sounded like I was one of if not the last to make the cut, I had 2 days to confirm my spec. From what I've read previously they're getting 70 v6 FEs

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Confirmed, between i4 depositors and drop offs is why I moved up, it sounded like I was one of if not the last to make the cut, I had 2 days to confirm my spec. From what I've read previously they're getting 70 v6 FEs
I'll also add that I specifically went to Naples because Im out of state and realized I was late in the game to put a deposit down. My pops has bought and sold a few cars through them so I figured it was worth the transport charge to go with them which in the end is, theoretically, working out

Rico

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea/concrete dealer info as to how long it's projected to take from the time the cars are built in the UK until they're actually delivered to customers in the US? My scheduled production month is April....

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone have any idea/concrete dealer info as to how long it's projected to take from the time the cars are built in the UK until they're actually delivered to customers in the US? My scheduled production month is April....
2 months is what I heard - surprised if this is what they’ve published but didn’t tell you when they gave you April production date.