Nitron R1 Coilovers - Constant Delays

I asked these same questions, KitKat. Per Shinoo who's confirmed this with the Modal owners/engineers, the rebuild times will be very similar to Nitron, as they all use similar components. Let's be real, almost all manufacturers in many categories use the same components...the rest is marketing. Ask me how I know, because that is my profession. ;)

3 years is usual more so than mileage because everyone drives differently. I don't plan to track so I will get more out of them than lets say someone who occasionally tracks.

As for rebuilds, Modal set up shop in Texas for rebuilds so I can go through them direct or through Shinoo when the time comes.

Net net, no difference than Nitrons schedules.

Thanks for the info, I’d be willing to wager they’re going to do rebuilds through Inertial Labs in Texas, that’d be a great thing, reputable shop!
 
Thanks for the info, I’d be willing to wager they’re going to do rebuilds through Inertial Labs in Texas, that’d be a great thing, reputable shop!

Ya, maybe. That was one thing I made sure to ask Shinoo...rebuilds. LOL.

But Modal realized that if they want to make a splash in the US market, they had to have a place to rebuild, like Nitron. Shinoo made sure of that before partnering with them. The Modal owners are ex-Bilstein engineers.

I pulled the trigger on these because of Shinoo's education on them, their racing heritage in Australia, and the fact that these are singles...Most singles from different manufacturers are practically the same...just pick a color you like best or what won't take 6 months to build. For my application, they're perfect. If I were tracking, Ohlins all the way.
 
Do these things really need to be rebuilt every couple of years?

You wait six months for something that has to go back every two years?

Ridiculous. Think I’ll just stick with the standard suspension
I've been around racing shocks for over 30 years and it's a bit of luck if you get a failure or not and need parts/seal replacement. Things have gotten better with a lot of manufacturers over the years. If you don't have a seal failure, the other reason to get a shock rebuilt is to change the oil as it will degrade over time. Oil has gotten much better over the years too. 3 years sounds about right for road use, but if you want optimum performance constancy for racing, you could rebuild a few times a year. Nitron's are fairly straightforward to rebuild and you may get lucky with them supplying you rebuild kits. The standard suspension would need to be totally replaced at the same interval to maintain the same consistency.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9453QyQJNq.webp
    IMG_9453QyQJNq.webp
    128.3 KB · Views: 4
Sucks that Nitron dropped the ball so much! The Modals seem nice, but they leave me with questions: when you need to rebuild them on a couple years, who in the US can rebuild them? Or are you left taking them out and shipping them to Australia and waiting for their rebuild queue and quote?
Good question. I know with the past Nitrons I had, the Lotus over here sent them to be rebuilt by a local suspension shop and provided the ship with a “nitron rebuild kit”. It’s not neurosurgery, so guess the same would happen with the modals in any other country.

I though you fitted ohlins on your car?
 
Good question. I know with the past Nitrons I had, the Lotus over here sent them to be rebuilt by a local suspension shop and provided the ship with a “nitron rebuild kit”. It’s not neurosurgery, so guess the same would happen with the modals in any other country.

I though you fitted ohlins on your car?

I do, but I like to know about new offerings for the car.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top