USA/Canada Delivery Thread

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
The FE comes with many premium upgrades and is loaded with all the packs noted below at a discount. It's more than just the badges...

View attachment 19590
Yea but what I meant was you can order everything the FE has on the base edition except the FE badge. The base does offer more colours so it’s a trade off. Lotus did say they are attempting to keeps costs the same. See interview on YT with driver seeing his car built

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@eriegz - never heard of you booking in a test drive? Have you heard anything new from your dealer in Calgary?
Nope, no contact from my dealership since August. We also got a big dump of snow in October which is still covering some roads, so who knows when we'll get our first visit from an Emira in the flesh.

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Nope, no contact from my dealership since August. We also got a big dump of snow in October which is still covering some roads, so who knows when we'll get our first visit from an Emira in the flesh.
Booking in a test drive? You mean setting an appointment when the car is at the dealer? I did that too, keeps the whole damn world from just walking in. I spent a lot of time with the Lotus rep. He mentioned Lotus experience delivery. Similar to the track day you can book in Hethel. Depends on your dealer. If they offered delivery to COTA for 4 hrs I’d jump at that.

Prodgers32

Reaction score
Lotus of Bellevue has over 200 deposits. Was told they were allocated 40 FE's. I'm #14... Initial deposit on 7/6/21... Order Factory Accepted/Approved in March 2022. Hope I get to enjoy it next Spring-Fall?🤞🏼
I am number 180 :( put deposit down July 22 ,was told I would get mine end of next year ,its looking bad for me

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am number 180 :( put deposit down July 22 ,was told I would get mine end of next year ,its looking bad for me
based on how it's been going and the #s, it seems highly unlikely you would get a car in CY2023. I hope they get into full scale production by next year and you receive but should prepare yourself for a 1HCY24 delivery. At least they should have all the bugs worked out by then :L-)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Wondering if there have been any more rumblings about North America production. Last official statement from Lotus was "NA production starts in January with first deliveries in March." At this point, I simply don't trust what we're told and expect to be let down with more delays. So has anyone heard anything new? Anything officially stated by your dealer or are they remaining quiet like mine? What's the general consensus?

I'll be pleasantly surprised and excited if mine is here this spring to enjoy all season!

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Wondering if there have been any more rumblings about North America production. Last official statement from Lotus was "NA production starts in January with first deliveries in March." At this point, I simply don't trust what we're told and expect to be let down with more delays. So has anyone heard anything new? Anything officially stated by your dealer or are they remaining quiet like mine? What's the general consensus?

I'll be pleasantly surprised and excited if mine is here this spring to enjoy all season!
TX dealer said Fall 2023 delivery for round 2 allocations. Those with numbers over 50.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
TX dealer said Fall 2023 delivery for round 2 allocations. Those with numbers over 50.

Round 2 allocations? What's that mean.. non-First Editions? I suppose it's different for each dealer based on their allocations. What month did you submit your order?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

There is No F’n Way that they pause all UK deliveries while they crank out NA units. We’re now late Nov and all the UK “October Delivery” guys are still waiting. I’m betting on first US arrivals trickling in Sep 2023. I don’t see how Lotus ever catches up without a second factory in China.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There is No F’n Way that they pause all UK deliveries while they crank out NA units. We’re now late Nov and all the UK “October Delivery” guys are still waiting. I’m betting on first US arrivals trickling in Sep 2023. I don’t see how Lotus ever catches up without a second factory in China.
I dunno, from the things I have been hearing the auto manufacturers are going to be holding pack production for 2023. Inventory supplies are steadily increasing towards 2019 numbers at dealerships, not there yet, but close. This would open up suppliers to be able to service Lotus a little bit better. I can see the second shift going full out come January. If they dedicate the 2nd shift to just North America I think they can hit the production targets that are set. The main issue of supply chain seems to be resolving itself through a recession, which is going on full fledge at the moment and will continue until at least mid 2023. Couple that with more drop out than new depositors and Lotus may be able to hit numbers. By 2024 there will be a couple Emira's for sale at every lotus dealer. My humble opinion.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From what we've seen in the UK, the delay communication usually comes during the period cars should've been delivered. I won't be surprised come March we all are notified of the delay.

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Round 2 allocations? What's that mean.. non-First Editions? I suppose it's different for each dealer based on their allocations. What month did you submit your order?
Guess it means that they aren’t shipping cars in March -April then going on break. Another set of allocations and delivery in the fall. FE badges or not the configuration codes are in. Lotus said the pricing will be consistent

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I mentioned in a different thread that like as of 3 weeks ago, US dealers were still being told March deliveries on their weekly calls with Lotus HQ.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

I'm 100% done with Lotus if US doesn't see their first Emiras until September.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
I'm 100% done with Lotus if US doesn't see their first Emiras until September.
I have no hope of receiving it early next year. I am pretty much set on it being Septemberish. A part of me wants to walk away for a plethora of reasons, but damnit I love the look of this car and can't find anything in the price range that mimics it. I'll take a MC20 but that's 280+ lol so I'm kind of just stuck being a prisoner until they give me my car lol.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no hope of receiving it early next year. I am pretty much set on it being Septemberish. A part of me wants to walk away for a plethora of reasons, but damnit I love the look of this car and can't find anything in the price range that mimics it. I'll take a MC20 but that's 280+ lol so I'm kind of just stuck being a prisoner until they give me my car lol.

There are other options and no one is stuck giving Lotus their money and dealing with their poor comms and customer service. If we (early deposit makers with orders in last March/April) aren't getting our cars by this coming March/April, then Lotus should already be well aware of that reality, right? Wtf takes them so long to communicate updates with their paying customers? I know this is a hypothetical situation at this moment, but I think we all kinda expect another major delay to happen. And I'm going to be pissed when it does.

Nlsmith2123

Reaction score
There are other options and no one is stuck giving Lotus their money and dealing with their poor comms and customer service. If we (early deposit makers with orders in last March/April) aren't getting our cars by this coming March/April, then Lotus should already be well aware of that reality, right? Wtf takes them so long to communicate updates with their paying customers? I know this hypothetical at this moment, but I think we all kinda expect another major delay to happen. And I'm going to be pissed.
I agree it's BS and the communication is beyond abysmal. I think we all know another delay is happening. I mean most of our British friends across the pond are still without a car. I do believe they could provide better timelines but ultimately I'm sure it's to reduce people dropping out. If they tell us it's now Sept delivery people are going to back out in waves but if you wait until March and say Sept, people are much more likely to stay put as the delay seems less. Definitely shitty but it's a simple psychological tactic that plays on human emotion and are inability to wait. I've looked and tried to convince myself to get something else because I'm truly scared of the issues that may arise and how bad it's going to be to secure parts etc in the US, but it's like a bad drug. I am just hooked on wanting an Emira. I wish I liked corvettes but there are so many of them on the road I just can't do it.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I don't care too much about the delays. I'll modify the other cars, or plan future purchases, save, etc. I'd only be annoyed if this was my only car.

I almost prefer to wait a bit to see issues get addressed, aftermarket to mature, and maybe options to be added.

It's a first world problem for me.