First paying customer car?

Zardoz

Reaction score
Is anyone one this forum expected to receive the 1st or one of the 1st customer car in UK? Same for USA customers?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know the person who has deposit #1 in the UK (and several of the first 50). He’s not on here. I’ve got #18.

It’s not likely the cars are going to be delivered strictly in deposit date order, as it depends on if you selected deliver to dealer, deliver to home or factory collection. But I expect the first 50 will be delivered within a few days of each other in the first week.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know the person who has deposit #1 in the UK (and several of the first 50). He’s not on here. I’ve got #18.

It’s not likely the cars are going to be delivered strictly in deposit date order, as it depends on if you selected deliver to deal, deliver to home or factory collection. But I expect the first 50 will be delivered within a few days of each other in the first week.
I just logged in to tell TomE the following

1. You deserve a pay check from Lotus
2. Thank-you for all the help you have provided - Your comments and answers to questions by far seem to be the most reliable.

Also, a question in regards to further V6 manual models? Do you think they will do a final edition V6 manual and if so what would you expect from a HP increase and time frame? ( 2025 +/- ?)

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

It’s not likely the cars are going to be delivered strictly in deposit date order, as it depends on if you selected deliver to deal, deliver to home or factory collection. But I expect the first 50 will be delivered within a few days of each other in the first week.
I'm #43

Crown

Reaction score
How do you know what number you are ?
deposit placed the evening of the Emira reveal last year.
Had an email stating my i4 is being handed over in nov this year 2022.

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ah I thought first i4 deliveries were December that’s good to know

Crown

Reaction score
Yes definitely November. Here’s my email I had a month ago 👍 i4 FE Seneca blue.

Attachments

• 1647068F-161D-41F2-902C-35CEC5F9F41D.jpeg
    1647068F-161D-41F2-902C-35CEC5F9F41D.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 73

Reaction score
Don't know what number I am but deposit was 11th March 2021

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just logged in to tell TomE the following

1. You deserve a pay check from Lotus
2. Thank-you for all the help you have provided - Your comments and answers to questions by far seem to be the most reliable.

Also, a question in regards to further V6 manual models? Do you think they will do a final edition V6 manual and if so what would you expect from a HP increase and time frame? ( 2025 +/- ?)
Cheers for that. Just trying to help others make well-informed decisions and encourage sharing and discussion.

I covered about future models in this post on the GT4 thread. We don’t have much detail yet.

https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/emira-gt.1432/post-33174

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One of my contacts at Hethel. Customer Care and dealers should be able to tell you but can be reluctant.

There were roughly 100 UK deposits placed before the reveal on 6 July 2021.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Speaking of, are they going to be labeled as FE by numbers?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No, no build plates. We’ll be able to work it out from VIN number and I guess you could get a custom plate made.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For the US: I’m guessing I’ll be early on. I’m #1 at my dealer (deposit first week May 21), order went in this March, and given dealer is East Coast, I imagine the cars will arrive in Norfolk, VA if it’s the same as the Evora. I’m few hundred miles away.

But honestly, it’ll get here when it gets here so I’m not fussed… I’ve an Evora that keeps me entertained, was lovely today 80 degrees and sunny! I did about 3hrs driving today. And two hours yesterday. Very understanding wife.

65D047C8-23ED-403A-9267-B83E43AD790A.jpeg

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No, no build plates. We’ll be able to work it out from VIN number and I guess you could get a custom plate made.
This is a shame, would be a great opportunity for Lotus to give that "special" feel. Oh well.

For the US: I’m guessing I’ll be early on. I’m #1 at my dealer (deposit first week May 21), order went in this March, and given dealer is East Coast, I imagine the cars will arrive in Norfolk, VA if it’s the same as the Evora. I’m few hundred miles away.

Same, #1 with my dealer, but we go based on dealer allocation, it's not directly like it is in the UK. So the real question is: which dealer is getting them first? Given the limited number of shipments coming in the first order (most dealers are getting 2-3 cars), I suspect all of our cars will be on the same ship.

So the question is, will your car get delivered to NY first or mine to FL? Race on! ;)

We also have many dealers here in FL, so I'm not the only #1. But hey... about a dozen of us should be getting our cars within days of each other... pretty exciting!! :)

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Customer service told me very early on .... I don't think they were supposed to.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Early on CC told me I was just outside the top 10 but since then have been reluctant to confirm anything. I guess with people changing specs and others dropping out it’s become a bit fluid.