Where are you Gator Motorsport???

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There will be plenty of cancellations - many ppl that locked in 2 years ago have moved on. A lot of others moved back to other brands, mostly Porsche and were able to secure GTS and 911 T or S manual allocations, albeit probably at a higher cost.

The first couple months will see the most units for sale at one time, probably peak in Feb/March.

Once Lotus gets i4 certification sorted for EU/UK you will see an initial drop in US/CAN allocations as they move to fill those outstanding orders. I would imagine V6 F/E allocations will be non-existent by March/April this year (delivery into fall) while the factory moves to pump out everyone waiting on the i4 F/E. Then comes the base orders in 2025.... a lot will be with what is going on with the Economy / if Cayman ICE goes out of production for 2025 / any other cars going to be released that compete with Emira that we don't know about. Lotus also entered the Emira into three large up coming markets that never really sold Lotus before. China, South Korea and now India started taking orders this year. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out over the next 24 months...

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Update - I just spoke with Tony on the phone. Gator pushed back taking possession of the Emiras. Per the explanation I received from Tony - this was due to a variety of factors. He did not go into much detail other than mentioning that Gator has a lot going on/has been very busy. He confirmed that the cars are being stored indoors at Lotus HQ in Detroit. He expects the Emiras to start trickling into Gator next month (January). He is under the impression that CARB cert will still happen in January as he hasn't heard otherwise. He also mentioned that he thought the CARB office/personnel was closed/off this week.

As to why Gator is not taking possession of the Emiras, I am not sure. I understand when most dealers take delivery of a car or multiple cars, they have to finance that inventory until it is sold, which is referred to as floor planning. This functions like a line of credit that needs to be paid off by the car dealers. Maybe once these Emiras hit the dealers, the dealer is on the hook for paying for the cars until they are sold..if that is the case, I could see why a dealer would want to delay taking possession as they cannot sell the cars right now so would not want to tie up capital or credit lines while CARB approval is still in process.
It's not only the floorplan charges. In many states and localities, businesses are taxed on the value of the inventory they are holding on the last day of the year. It's very possible that they would have incurred a significant tax bill by accepting delivery and inventory ownership of a large number of cars. Particularly considering that they are unsellable.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There will be plenty of cancellations - many ppl that locked in 2 years ago have moved on. A lot of others moved back to other brands, mostly Porsche and were able to secure GTS and 911 T or S manual allocations, albeit probably at a higher cost.

The first couple months will see the most units for sale at one time, probably peak in Feb/March.

Once Lotus gets i4 certification sorted for EU/UK you will see an initial drop in US/CAN allocations as they move to fill those outstanding orders. I would imagine V6 F/E allocations will be non-existent by March/April this year (delivery into fall) while the factory moves to pump out everyone waiting on the i4 F/E. Then comes the base orders in 2025.... a lot will be with what is going on with the Economy / if Cayman ICE goes out of production for 2025 / any other cars going to be released that compete with Emira that we don't know about. Lotus also entered the Emira into two large up coming markets that never really sold Lotus cars very well. China and now India started taking orders this year. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out over the next 24 months...
Base orders better start way sooner than 2025. I heard 2024 sometime. Otherwise i'm out.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Base orders better start way sooner than 2025. I heard 2024 sometime. Otherwise i'm out.
Nobody knows at this point. As of right now we dont even have a price for the base models.

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just an observation, but if the first edition models come decked out with all the accoutrements, what could a Base model possibly look like? To me, I would never want anything less than the package that the first edition includes. Not that I feel it is upscale in any way, but I can’t imagine an iteration of the car cheapened down!?!! I think if you start cutting materials quality, such as cloth seats or the addition of some LoFi radio, or butt ugly wheels, the interest will definitely wane. I get that some people want to get a car for the track and don’t care about aesthetics, but once they come with their inevitable price increase, and a lessened trim level, will the “want” still be there??

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just an observation, but if the first edition models come decked out with all the accoutrements, what could a Base model possibly look like? To me, I would never want anything less than the package that the first edition includes. Not that I feel it is upscale in any way, but I can’t imagine an iteration of the car cheapened down!?!! I think if you start cutting materials quality, such as cloth seats or the addition of some LoFi radio, or butt ugly wheels, the interest will definitely wane. I get that some people want to get a car for the track and don’t care about aesthetics, but once they come with their inevitable price increase, and a lessened trim level, will the “want” still be there??
There will be more options available / colors and you will be able to build the car in many different configurations. I personally rather get seats with less motors. Still with leather and Alcantara, but don't need memory or 12 way adjust in a sports car. There are many options ppl don't care about or some do care about. I think there will be more interest with the base edition than the F/E's. More choices = more ppl.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Base model will not have:

- KEF audio
- Driver’s pack
- Heated seats
- Alcantara headliner
- See-through shifter console
- sport pedals
- Sport seats

Presumably no-cost options like colored calipers and wheels will be price tiered as well.

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score

- KEF audio
- Driver’s pack
- Heated seats
- Alcantara headliner
- sport pedals
- Sport seats

Presumably no-cost options like colored calipers and wheels will be price tiered as well.
And at a “Base” price that they currently say will be starting at what? To me, if this is cost savings of say $20k, I would consider that base iteration as a hard pass! For the price you will still be paying, those items should be standard fare. Hence my thought that this will turn people away. And from what I recall from my test drive, those seats were hard as rocks. So any ability to customize the seating position is a need. Not a nice to have.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

- KEF audio
- Driver’s pack
- Heated seats
- Alcantara headliner
- sport pedals
- Sport seats

And at a “Base” price that they currently say will be starting at what? To me, if this is cost savings of say $20k, I would consider that base iteration as a hard pass! For the price you will still be paying, those items should be standard fare. Hence my thought that this will turn people away. And from what I recall from my test drive, those seats were hard as rocks. So any ability to customize the seating position is a need. Not a nice to have.
I think there is a few more options missing from your list:

- Lotus Design Pack
- Lower black pack
- Interior seating leather / alcantara choice (base will be fabric)
-18 way vs 4 way seats
- two piece light weight brake discs
- exterior paint option premiums

@EyeFour Eemeerah! non of the options getawaydriving or myself mentioned are standard on a base cayman or 911. Fair to say on low volume, European sports cars these are usually optional extras. If you want to know what these cost in Porsche world go onto the cayman base configurator and start adding these options in. It’s around 25k-35k in Porsche options world I believe.

Caymans don’t even have navigation as standard or wireless CarPlay and NO android auto at all.

IRN_M8DEN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, if they're in Detroit and Gator's refusing delivery, that estimated inland freight of $2,200 should come down, right?

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, if they're in Detroit and Gator's refusing delivery, that estimated inland freight of $2,200 should come down, right?
Transportation from Baltimore to Detroit to Indy is not cheaper than Baltimore directly to Indy. So no.

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think there is a few more options missing from your list:

- Lotus Design Pack
- Lower black pack
- Interior seating leather / alcantara choice (base will be fabric)
-18 way vs 4 way seats
- two piece light weight brake discs
- exterior paint option premiums

@EyeFour Eemeerah! non of the options getawaydriving or myself mentioned are standard on a base cayman or 911. Fair to say on low volume, European sports cars these are usually optional extras. If you want to know what these cost in Porsche world go onto the cayman base configurator and start adding these options in. It’s around 25k-35k in Porsche options world I believe.

Caymans don’t even have navigation as standard or wireless CarPlay and NO android auto at all.
Ah yes. Don’t know what Porsche would charge for ye ole Lotus Design Pack (WTF) or a Lotus Drivers Pack (?). Honestly, if you remove ALL Those items from the FE or FE 2.0 and make it optioned on the, dare I say FE Base edition (how many first editions can you possibly make), that would be one waste of around $80k !! LMAO !! It’s sad that people still need to try and equate themselves with Porsche, and their ability to customize every build. It is a model of excelllence! And their delivery is even top notch. Sure their pricing can get wonky mad if you load up on everything, but some of the items you guys list are staples! Oh and I forgot, the Porsche (depending on trim level) actually appreciated in value with liberal dosing of options from purchase price.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ah yes. Don’t know what Porsche would charge for ye ole Lotus Design Pack (WTF) or a Lotus Drivers Pack (?). Honestly, if you remove ALL Those items from the FE or FE 2.0 and make it optioned on the, dare I say FE Base edition (how many first editions can you possibly make), that would be one waste of around $80k !! LMAO !! It’s sad that people still need to try and equate themselves with Porsche, and their ability to customize every build. It is a model of excelllence! And their delivery is even top notch. Sure their pricing can get wonky mad if you load up on everything, but some of the items you guys list are staples! Oh and I forgot, the Porsche (depending on trim level) actually appreciated in value with liberal dosing of options from purchase price.
Sorry, what other mid-engine, manual sports car are you going to buy new that isn't a Porsche or Lotus? So equating themselves with the only other car / competition they have is inevitable.

I fully assume depreciation on all cars, albeit less for some Porsche models. At the end of the day I am not sure what kind of pricing you expect from a low production, mid-engine European sports car? A 911 Carrera T w/ no options base price is 125K, Cayman GTS Base price w/ zero options (not even navigation) is 95K and Emira is 105K All options checked. These are the only European sports cars with manual transmissions you can buy that don't have the engine in the front. I don't see anything wrong in terms of MSRP pricing against it's ONLY competitors and the Base Emira V6/i4 will most likely have a sub 95K starting price.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I bought into the FE because I thought it would be special, now there are so many of them floating around its insane.
C'mon now - there are 61 Cayman GT4RS for sale in the US right now..... supposedly impossible car to buy that had outrageous ADM's 12 months ago, and another 63 718 GT4's and GTS.

We have no idea how many Emira's are actually for sale or dealers are just throwing up ad's / automatically added - Although I expect there to be a good amount of cars come up for re-sale from people moving on / not taking delivery we will have no idea about demand until cars can actually be sold.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
C'mon now - there are 61 Cayman GT4RS for sale in the US right now..... supposedly impossible car to buy that had outrageous ADM's 12 months ago, and another 63 718 GT4's and GTS.

We have no idea how many Emira's are actually for sale or dealers are just throwing up ad's / automatically added - Although I expect there to be a good amount of cars come up for re-sale from people moving on / not taking delivery we will have no idea about demand until cars can actually be sold.

We were sold on the exclusivity of the FE package with only 700 or so being brought to the USA, I'm not talking about Porsche here. I'm talking about the rug pull Lotus has been pulling on us for years.

I wanted something special with low number and now they are cranking FE's out like base models.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We were sold on the exclusivity of the FE package with only 700 or so being brought to the USA, I'm not talking about Porsche here. I'm talking about the rug pull Lotus has been pulling on us for years.

I wanted something special with low number and now they are cranking FE's out like base models.
You are correct -V6 F/E will have a three year production run, not exactly limited anymore. This whole launch has sucked for everyone. My apologies DertheDer!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry guys but the idea of a camry engine powered $100K mini supercar looking competitor to the Cayman was never an exclusivity appeal. The FE was always just a deal on packages — just be happy you got yours cheaper than anyone else.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

If you want unique, I bet it's not too late to order the Dodge Challenger Hellcat Fatbody House-Arrest Wifebeater Monster-Energy Edition.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
If you want unique, I bet it's not too late to order the Dodge Challenger Hellcat Fatbody House-Arrest Wifebeater Monster-Energy Edition.
You laugh, IMO the Challenger is the US cousin of the Porsche 911. Their drivers share a similar mindset.