Where are you Gator Motorsport???

Ro_Ja Boy

Reaction score
One disadvantage to buyers of dealerships that aren't receiving the cars is for the dealer to have the ability to inspect the cars for correctness relative to the order. I know we've seen where orders have come with privacy glass, wrong steering wheels, etc. Hopefully Gator has a plan for checking cars now versus waiting until CARB is approved. The wait has been painful for all and getting something wrong on something you have envisioned specifically for two years would add insult to injury.

OP
S

s2kmunpo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So holidays are over...after a week off I was able to get back into the office and return all calls/emails. What is Gator's excuse now? Still can't get ahold of anyone over there.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You laugh, IMO the Challenger is the US cousin of the Porsche 911. Their drivers share a similar mindset.
huh??? ima have to disagree with that one. the challenger has a negative stereotype in the USA for sure. pretty well deserved too i think

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
huh??? ima have to disagree with that one. the challenger has a negative stereotype in the USA for sure. pretty well deserved too i think

Yeah, every dealer here with challengers on the lot:

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpeg
    IMG_1527.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 109

Telamir

Reaction score
Ok challengers 911 and muh car isn't speshul enough. Where's Gator tho?

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Quick update for those early depositors at Gator -
Young the owner of Gator just called me and explained things in more detail.
He said there is no excuse but its been him and Tony trying to get things done for orders, titles etc etc there and they havent had the bandwidth to field emails and calls unfortunately. They recently lost the other salesman who was helping and having all the cars arrive at once along with having to get new orders submitted has really caused a lot of work. He apologized profusely about it and knows that when they slip up on communication like this its a bit alarming to everyone since they have been so great about communication over the last few years on these cars and orders.
He said they would be getting cars sooner but just dont have the room and in no way want any cars, new or used to go outside at all since the winter there can be so bitter in Indy.
He said they will be trickling in the first roughly 30 cars in batches of 5-10 in about two weeks so they can PDI and turn them out quickly for delivery or shipping since they expect Carb approval around the last week of the month.
They have roughly 30 cars sitting in Detroit currently waiting. They are indoors at the Lotus NA parts warehouse safe and sound.
I am confident after speaking with him all is ok and moving forward.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, do we know where cars going to non-carb states are being stored?
Are they outside at Baltimore? Are they still in their shipping pajamas? Or are they still in Great Britain? 🤔

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So, do we know where cars going to non-carb states are being stored?
Are they outside at Baltimore? Are they still in their shipping pajamas? Or are they still in Great Britain? 🤔
Do you mean non-carb states?

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You'll have to call your dealer in the carb state and see what they are doing.
I didnt get any other info than about Gator allocations.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus Philly didn't even know the cars were here until I asked about mine.
They said "Lotus doesn't tell us anything"

IRN_M8DEN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You laugh, IMO the Challenger is the US cousin of the Porsche 911. Their drivers share a similar mindset.
True. They just have the $$$ for the high priced lawyers to beat the D.V. charge in court.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Well, maybe it's personal bias on my end, but I also don't have a positive stereotype of Porsche drivers. But that's beside the point; It's not how the drivers are viewed by others that I'm referring to, but the mindset of the drivers themselves. They both think they have something special, when in reality, their cars are pretty common and difficult to distinguish apart. Go look at the model selection chart for a Challenger and one for a 911 - there are 10 models for different flavors of the challenger, 25 (!!!) for the different flavors of the 911. I'm not talking about different trim levels differentiated by simple optional features, but real powertrain/chassis differences. Granted, the 911 folks has more money to toss around so they get more choices, but the marketing technique these buyers respond to is the same: they think they are special despite having what is a rather common car, and one with a design that hasn't fundamentally changed for a very very long time.

Edit: Let me add, I acknowledge that my stereotype of Porsche drivers is irrational. I'm sure most of them are fine folks.

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's personal bias on my end, but I also don't have a positive stereotype of Porsche drivers. But that's beside the point; It's not how the drivers are viewed by others that I'm referring to, but the mindset of the drivers themselves. They both think they have something special, when in reality, their cars are pretty common and difficult to distinguish apart. Go look at the model selection chart for a Challenger and one for a 911 - there are 10 models for different flavors of the challenger, 25 (!!!) for the different flavors of the 911. I'm not talking about different trim levels differentiated by simple optional features, but real powertrain/chassis differences. Granted, the 911 folks has more money to toss around so they get more choices, but the marketing technique these buyers respond to is the same: they think they are special despite having what is a rather common car, and one with a design that hasn't fundamentally changed for a very very long time.

Edit: Let me add, I acknowledge that my stereotype of Porsche drivers is irrational. I'm sure most of them are fine folks.

Maybe to test this theory we should invite only Porsche and Challenger driver to a cars and coffee and observe with David Attenborough narration.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i picture challenger people as being abrasive and loud. their car has the best ratio of cost to noise probably and it handles like a boat. they want to be seen and heard.

for 911 people I picture distinguished older gentlemen that values having a precise instrument of a sports car above everything else. also they dont sound good at all which is a shame (except the top trims) and the 911 is pretty visually understated. they dont care about being seen or heard. also most non-car people have no idea their 911 is 6 figures on the low end

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
i picture challenger people as being abrasive and loud. their car has the best ratio of cost to noise probably and it handles like a boat. they want to be seen and heard.

for 911 people I picture distinguished older gentlemen that values having a precise instrument of a sports car above everything else. also they dont sound good at all which is a shame (except the top trims) and the 911 is pretty visually understated. they dont care about being seen or heard. also most non-car people have no idea their 911 is 6 figures on the low end

How do you feel about people who've owned both? 🤔🤣

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Wow thats a lot of thought put into stereotyping people. what do you think people stereotype Lotus drivers as? Nerdy?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow thats a lot of thought put into stereotyping people. what do you think people stereotype Lotus drivers as? Nerdy?
I digged deep. it should go without saying stereotypes arnt always true

Lotus doesnt have stereotypes yet, too rare. most havent even heard of them. maybe in a few years if Geely has their way.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I diged deep. it should go without saying stereotypes arnt always true

Lotus doesnt have stereotypes yet, too rare. most havent even heard of them. maybe in a few years if Geely has their way.

Heehee. I think Lotus buyers are probably all a little off. We could have stayed safe and bought a Porsche like everyone else. But no.