Where are you Gator Motorsport???

Zardoz

Reaction score
Well, maybe it's personal bias on my end, but I also don't have a positive stereotype of Porsche drivers. But that's beside the point; It's not how the drivers are viewed by others that I'm referring to, but the mindset of the drivers themselves. They both think they have something special, when in reality, their cars are pretty common and difficult to distinguish apart. Go look at the model selection chart for a Challenger and one for a 911 - there are 10 models for different flavors of the challenger, 25 (!!!) for the different flavors of the 911. I'm not talking about different trim levels differentiated by simple optional features, but real powertrain/chassis differences. Granted, the 911 folks has more money to toss around so they get more choices, but the marketing technique these buyers respond to is the same: they think they are special despite having what is a rather common car, and one with a design that hasn't fundamentally changed for a very very long time.

Edit: Let me add, I acknowledge that my stereotype of Porsche drivers is irrational. I'm sure most of them are fine folks.
I laugh when I go to a local C&C on a Sunday & see 10+ 911 GT3, GT3-RS GT-3 Touring with their huge wings. P-car guys ooh & ahh at the latest PTS color & bespoke options. It's like watching them compare who has the biggest d**k. These cars were developed as track cars that can be driven on the street. Not one of these cars have or will ever see a track. They are driven to C&C events and then coddled back to their respective garages. God forbid that any real mileage is added to them. I even see hottie housewives drive them around town, cause you know the automatic, right?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I laugh when I go to a local C&C on a Sunday & see 10+ 911 GT3, GT3-RS GT-3 Touring with their huge wings. P-car guys ooh & ahh at the latest PTS color & bespoke options. It's like watching them compare who has the biggest d**k. These cars were developed as track cars that can be driven on the street. Not one of these cars have or will ever see a track. They are driven to C&C events and then coddled back to their respective garages. God forbid that any real mileage is added to them. I even see hottie housewives drive them around town, cause you know the automatic, right?
Interesting, the majority of Porsche GT car owners I know are true enthusiasts and track theirs. Must be different in super urban areas or something where there's excess wealth and too much traffic? And most of the non-RS models that are regularly driven are manuals from what I've seen.