Review embargo

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The embargo will be lifted from 12:00 BST on the 7th.

Source: Mr Metcalfe

Last edited:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The embargo will be lifted from 12:00 BST on the 7th.
well at least we don't all have to stay up until midnight on the 6th/7th for the UK folks.. lunchtime viewing for us and morning reading for the NA folks... Our Australian members may have to set an alarm :)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
well at least we don't all have to stay up until midnight on the 6th/7th for the UK folks.. lunchtime viewing for us and morning reading for the NA folks... Our Australian members may have to set an alarm :)

Press embargo will be lifted at 9pm on Tuesday 7th June in Sydney / Melbourne (AEST).

Might be a bit of a sleepless night watching youtube reviews! :)

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What do we realistically expect apart from "Drives like a Lotus should" and "Killer looks"? Nice to see decent pictures of cars, but still not production level, so fit and finish still come with caveats...

Most of the reviewers are just looking for channel content for ££. TG is an entertainment show only. Which testers had 2 different cars for comparison? - Sports vs Touring anyone? I bet none.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hoping (perhaps unrealistically) for something more definitive about the seats, but the press didn't have final production spec cars.

Fit and finish should be 95%+ there, so initial (or updated) impressions will be interesting.

And some decent exterior and interior photos.

More detailed comparisons with outgoing Evora GT410 (US GT) and key competitors like Cayman GTS will be interesting too. I'm interested in the comparisons across multiple factors rather than a headline "which one is best", as that depends on what factors matter most to you.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would like to get some head to head driving comparisons with the primary competition. Not on an airfield doing straight line quarter mile tests (boring!) but on real-world roads in real-world conditions.

I also hope they took the opportunity to pin down Lotus on questions like:
  • "Will we see extended manufacturer warranty someday?",
  • "What are you doing about parts availability and expanding dealer networks?",
  • "Are price rises coming / inevitable?",
  • "After all the comms about Emira's new ADAS features, why are basic ADAS features like blindspot assist missing in the FE when they're standard on a Kia? Was it too hard to steal that from Volvo or Lynk & Co?",
  • "Why did you de-tune the V6 from 416 HP?",
  • "What are you doing to improve customer comms and engagement?",
  • "Why haven't you published real-world colour and interior photos by now?",
  • "Why are detailed specs for things like Sports vs Touring suspension setups not being shared with customers?"
  • <insert long list here>

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would like to get some head to head driving comparisons with the primary competition. Not on an airfield doing straight line quarter mile tests (boring!) but on real-world roads in real-world conditions.

• "After all the comms about Emira's new ADAS features, why are basic ADAS features like blindspot assist missing in the FE when they're standard on a Kia? Was it too hard to steal that from Volvo or Lynk & Co?",
  • "Why are detailed specs for things like Sports vs Touring suspension setups not being shared with customers?"
I think Autocar have a Cayman Vs emira lined up, but agreed!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In addition to the above, some sideways entertainment by Mr Harris should make for some fun viewing. :cool:

ch-topgear.png

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

You are right, but you know not one of those issues/questions will be asked or answered. Shxxmeee has one on order as does Harry, but I dont think either of them are going into that much detail in 14 mins, and TG online certainly wont as they dont really care about any of those things as they are not buying the car..... unless a long term tester.
I think we would all like about 4 x 15 mins videos from each person, but for whatever reason that wont happen either.
wouldnt it be nice if Lotus did a Q&A session for us, online, unusual but welcome to see how they are thinking about such things.
In 15 mins we will get to see how good looking the car is, which we know,
We will see the interior is better than previous Loti, which we know,
We will hear the exhaust note for a few seconds here and there, which we have heard,
We will see some colours that we cant order, if white again and whatever else,
We will get the final bit of confirmation that it drives well on the road, sports set up I would say, and see it is less rickety than a GT3,
We will see Harry's noise meter showing it is louder and a landrover defender or his combine, combined,
We will get excitement for them to get their own cars and best wishes to Lotus... they have a hit on their hands..
thats all we will get... to be honest, thats all any review ever gives, unless its Jayemmmm with his blog type slaxxxg off some car or manufactuer, which he did a bit when the Emira came out if I recall..a little bit anyway.

I want to see them, but I honestly expect to learn nothing.. I just want to see the car.
Im amazed they have given them cars which are only 95%.... I dont beleive any other car company would do that and with the long long delays, they may as well have waited and given them the final car and hence no excuses for seats or fit and finish etc. What would another couple of weeks changed...
Roll on tomorrow.... and roll on Lotus producing their own info which would answer your questions above... which wont happen.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think most of us will be happy to get some different driving perspective's, especially since we'll never have a chance to test drive before our cars are delivered.

I don't expect it, but would be thrilled to see someone try and match the 0-100 that Lotus claims, with hopefully better results than the previous leaked video that was removed.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You are right, but you know not one of those issues/questions will be asked or answered. Shxxmeee has one on order as does Harry, but I dont think either of them are going into that much detail in 14 mins, and TG online certainly wont as they dont really care about any of those things as they are not buying the car..... unless a long term tester.
I think we would all like about 4 x 15 mins videos from each person, but for whatever reason that wont happen either.
wouldnt it be nice if Lotus did a Q&A session for us, online, unusual but welcome to see how they are thinking about such things.
We will hear the exhaust note for a few seconds here and there, which we have heard,
We will get the final bit of confirmation that it drives well on the road, sports set up I would say, and see it is less rickety than a GT3,
We will see Harry's noise meter showing it is louder and a landrover defender or his combine, combined,
We will get excitement for them to get their own cars and best wishes to Lotus... they have a hit on their hands..
thats all we will get... to be honest, thats all any review ever gives, unless its Jayemmmm with his blog type slaxxxg off some car or manufactuer, which he did a bit when the Emira came out if I recall..a little bit anyway.

I want to see them, but I honestly expect to learn nothing.. I just want to see the car.
Im amazed they have given them cars which are only 95%.... I dont beleive any other car company would do that and with the long long delays, they may as well have waited and given them the final car and hence no excuses for seats or fit and finish etc. What would another couple of weeks changed...
Roll on tomorrow.... and roll on Lotus producing their own info which would answer your questions above... which wont happen.
I think you're right.

It's really quite sad that the vehicles they are getting to review are not production specification even if they are close. Oh well, this is Lotus putting their best foot forward!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

The in-depth reviews will come in July when the early adopters start reviewing and posting content.

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think Autocar have a Cayman Vs emira lined up, but agreed!
Autocar have the Emira vs a Cayman GTS 4.0 (I checked the reg and then found Stefan Abt reviewing that Cayman on YouTube). This seems like a sensible comparison so that should be interesting. I generally enjoy car reviews so that alone is enough for me and the fact I'm buying one of the cars in question is an added bonus but the reviews are incredibly unlikely to sway my decision to purchase.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
as a content starved depositee I don't need much. A clown hooing it on a circuit loudly going brum brum should do it - lets face it, most of us are sold on the car already, we just need to feed our starving confirmation biases and put a smile on our faces until she arrives.

Last edited:

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Autocar have the Emira vs a Cayman GTS 4.0 (I checked the reg and then found Stefan Abt reviewing that Cayman on YouTube). This seems like a sensible comparison so that should be interesting. I generally enjoy car reviews so that alone is enough for me and the fact I'm buying one of the cars in question is an added bonus but the reviews are incredibly unlikely to sway my decision to purchase.
I am in the same boat: Emira vs GTS 4.0. Leaning towards the former but it comes down to quality for me. As mentioned in various posts, the communication and marketing have been crappy. Also don’t understand how the car isn’t finalized, and latest pictures of spotted cars don’t look that promising (in regards to seats and fit and finish).

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Some sort of binaural POV drive would be nice.

Other than that, just honest takes about ride quality with whatever suspension the reviewer has, character of the engine, and how the balance / communication of the chassis compares to Exige, Evora, and Cayman GTS.