Review embargo

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hmmm. Mostly very positive, but if I was Gavan Kershaw reading this I would be VERY disappointed. Some significant caveats about the handling on this car with Sport chassis and Goodyears, and the EVO team do not really rate it at all on track 😲 . Very surprising, to put it mildly.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hmmm. Mostly very positive, but if I was Gavan Kershaw reading this I would be VERY disappointed. Some significant caveats about the handling on this car with Sport chassis and Goodyears, and the EVO team do not really rate it at all on track 😲 . Very surprising, to put it mildly.
She’s a flop on track…. Too heavy and underpowered will be my guess across some reviews… We shall see shortly???

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
John Barker: 'This Lotus feels like a car before it's been to Lotus, the raw clay waiting for that sprinkling of magic'

Starting to think now I really do need a test drive before stumping up the final £75k. Meanwhile I await other reviews with some trepidation :confused: .

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
She’s a flop on track…. Too heavy and underpowered will be my guess across some reviews… We shall see shortly???
It's on the road with touring suspension that the majority of owners will care, like myself.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
John Barker: 'This Lotus feels like a car before it's been to Lotus, the raw clay waiting for that sprinkling of magic'

Starting to think now I really do need a test drive before stumping up the final £75k. Meanwhile I await other reviews with some trepidation :confused: .
But is it better than the completion out there, Porsche GTS that is the question.

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
It's on the road with touring suspension that the majority of owners will care, like myself.
agreed, im not remotely interested as to what its like on a track as i suspect along with myself and a vast majority of drivers, particularly those new to Lotus it wont ever see a track.

PhilCP

Reaction score
Doesn't sound good as someone with a sport/dunlop order in :cry:

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just read it, sounds like the sports (corrected!) Suspension is a bit ”meh” for enthusiastic driving….
EVO reviewer felt there was an initial “understeer” on turn in….. maybe done to please the non-enthusiasts.

Last edited:

PhilCP

Reaction score
I just read it, sounds like the Touring Suspension is a bit ”meh” for enthusiastic driving….
So is it the touring or sports suspension they criticise?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
agreed, im not remotely interested as to what its like on a track as i suspect along with myself and a vast majority of drivers, particularly those new to Lotus it wont ever see a track.
true but trackworthiness sells, if it fails on track.... sales will fall...values too..... this is LOTUS afterall///// not lexus

Reactions: AGP

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Frankly I think there’s more than a little barracking for one’s own choice going on here.

Those who have chosen touring suspension will leap on anything that suggests that is the way to go (this has been going on for a while) and so on.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Like everything else, it’s the meta-analysis of all reviews that will give the best picture….. wait and see. EVOs review fit into the global sportscar brief for the Emira, so Lotus have room for a better more focused version…. Kinda makes sense

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
83B920C6-BEDD-4AF7-92E3-7304AE809900.jpeg

Now this will be a good one