It's getting Crowded in here

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
(and that’s a good thing). As we’re coming up on a year since the Emira Reveal and await big news in the form of intensive driving reviews and magazine features, I’m reminded of how the Lotus communications vacuum has been addressed.

Information has been Crowd-sourced within this Forum. We’ve had to rely on the wisdom of crowds to imagine and cobble-together some semblance of the Emira provisioning/ownership experience. It’s been useful and entertaining and caused this Forum’s ranks to satisfyingly swell.

Lotus appears to have run a stealth campaign since the reveal: infrequent teaser bulletins that fell flat and annoyed more than informed, causing leaked photos, overheard chats, dealer tour gossip, roadshow impressions and wild suppositions. What’s a customer to do, when left to own devices?

Turn to your mates and their collective experiences. Once deliveries start members will populate these pages with real-world reactions (pro and otherwise). We will finally know wheel gaps, ride heights and what Dark Verdant looks like. And we’ll continue to avidly digest content because that’s what fans do.

#For-the-crowd

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As ours isn't due until November I am very much looking forward to photos and reviews from buyers who are getting there car in the coming months. Roll on the real world reviews.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it's fair to say this forum has become one of the main sources for Emira information. That'll change a bit next week, as press reviews reveal more details to a wider audience. And of course from July there will be real world owner experiences popping up on a range of Lotus and other motoring forums.

Ahead of that, some lucky people will be driving Emiras at the Lotus Driving Academy from 22 June onwards.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think it's fair to say this forum has become one of the main sources for Emira information. That'll change a bit next week, as press reviews reveal more details to a wider audience. And of course from July there will be real world owner experiences popping up on a range of Lotus and other motoring forums.

Ahead of that, some lucky people will be driving Emiras at the Lotus Driving Academy from 22 June onwards.
Is all hope gone now for possible test drive events in June for those with a July delivery? Lotus CS told me a couple of weeks back this was still being looked at with more info coming 'soon', but I suspect that is twaddle much like the long promised photos of all the FE colours.

Weyland

Reaction score
Well said.

The guys down at Caffeine & Machine had the blue one back today which looks like a production car. They took it in a 24hr trip to the Alps (as you do!), so there may be some photos doing the rounds of that soon. They have a few pics on their FB page

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well said.

The guys down at Caffeine & Machine had the blue one back today which looks like a production car. They took it in a 24hr trip to the Alps (as you do!), so there may be some photos doing the rounds of that soon. They have a few pics on their FB page

These guys are living the dream

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
We are growing! I bet we see a huge burst of new members these next few months, so please remember:

Screenshot 2022-06-05 at 14-47-53 Gary on Twitter.png

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if the mods can show us some analytics... maybe a line chart showing member growth since inception? I'm not sure what Xenforo has built in as far as analytics, but hopefully there's some Google Analytics tracking happening!

I think the first 100 members or anyone with an account opened in July-Oct 2021 should get some sort of badge by their profile pic. Some gamification fun! :p

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wonder if the mods can show us some analytics... maybe a line chart showing member growth since inception? I'm not sure what Xenforo has built in as far as analytics, but hopefully there's some Google Analytics tracking happening!

I think the first 100 members or anyone with an account opened in July-Oct 2021 should get some sort of badge by their profile pic. Some gamification fun! :p
13C70302-2C9B-4B69-B4F8-283F625EBD75.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is all hope gone now for possible test drive events in June for those with a July delivery? Lotus CS told me a couple of weeks back this was still being looked at with more info coming 'soon', but I suspect that is twaddle much like the long promised photos of all the FE colours.
I’d been told the same thing several times. I nudged a couple of my contacts about this last Tue before the long public holiday weekend. Will follow up on Mon.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’d been told the same thing several times. I nudged a couple of my contacts about this last Tue before the long public holiday weekend. Will follow up on Mon.
Monday is STILL a Bank Holiday!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No it isn’t in the UK! An Inset day for a lot of schools, but I’m back at work. Germany has a public holiday.

Weyland

Reaction score
Also a bank holiday in RoI, but not good old blighty!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Today feels like the calm before the storm.

When the general public becomes aware of these, this forum will be the go-to for info and impressions from owners. I suspect it will also be the go-to for new owners looking for info, and the camaraderie of belonging to the community. Lotus would do themselves well to have an actual representative in here to not only be a contact for the company, but also to get an idea of who their market really is. It's going to be more than the Porsche crowd.

It's going to be exciting to turn to the next chapter of actual production cars, but we who've been part of this from the early days, can always have the stories of what this has been like. Never before in the course of Lotus history, has so much, been done to so many by so few... or something along those lines.

Here's to the next chapter! 🍻

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus people are already in here 👋

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Also a bank holiday in RoI, but not good old blighty!
No it isn’t in the UK! An Inset day for a lot of schools, but I’m back at work. Germany has a public holiday.
Ok, I asked the wife (who runs the calendar) who was still insisting it was a bank holiday. As everyone I knew seemed to be going back to work, she has been told to stop relying on technology..... apparently Google prefilled it.
Because of the job I do, bank Holidays don't make any difference which is why I don't have much of a clue

Edit--------
Apparently today was a bank Holiday before it all got changed for the Jubilee.... Who'd thought eh?

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if Lotus have decided that the logistics of trying to offer test drives ahead of dealers getting their demo cars are just too difficult. I guess the risk they face is that some people might get cold feet at the last minute at having to stump up a large wodge of money when they haven't even seen a production car, let alone had a drive in one. However glowing test reviews tomorrow should mitigate this :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If that was the case I'd hope CC would say "sorry no test drives" rather than string us along saying it's still under consideration.

Their solution may be to say you can delay taking delivery of your car until after you get a test drive in a dealer demo sometime in July. In the meantime your car is built and sits on an airfield near Oxford and your delivery date becomes uncertain.