Factory tour - 18th August

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just back from a factory tour this pm… observations…

1. They were building cars….
2. No bad spec…. I am yellow with lower black pack and black wheels, alcantara interior with yellow stitch - almost switched to nimbus with red interior- looks amazing under factory lights
3. Every member of staff we spoke to was passionate about the car and it’s success.. the quality measures are very impressive.
4. Dealer cars were rolling off the line.
5. Spoke to one of the engineers about the ‘understeer’. He said to go watch the top gear s2 Elise video with clarkson and Gavan.. it’s about how you drive it. They have had to engineer some understeer for safety and type approval. If you push the nose, the esc will aid your turn in.. it’s very clever.
6. Production seats look great.
7. Sat in one of the LDA cars… driving position felt great to me, the production foam will be slightly less so lower
8. The KEF stereo will have uprated power in production cars

If you are dithering due to communication… wait for your test drive… I think you are going to be impressed. The car looks stunning in real life… v6 sounds epic 😁

I would recommend the tour to everyone..

TRX250EX

Reaction score

2. No bad spec…. I am yellow with lower black pack and black wheels, alcantara interior with yellow stitch - almost switched to nimbus with red interior- looks amazing under factory lights
3. Every member of staff we spoke to was passionate about the car and it’s success.. the quality measures are very impressive.
5. Spoke to one of the engineers about the ‘understeer’. He said to go watch the top gear s2 Elise video with clarkson and Gavan.. it’s about how you drive it. They have had to engineer some understeer for safety and type approval. If you push the nose, the esc will aid your turn in.. it’s very clever.
7. Sat in one of the LDA cars… driving position felt great to me, the production foam will be slightly less so lower

If you are dithering due to communication… wait for your test drive… I think you are going to be impressed. The car looks stunning in real life… v6 sounds epic 😁

The KEF news sounds amazing one of key reasons why I got passionate about the car, I love KEF audio been having it for 12 years now

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Ty for posting, it’s these types of posts that maintain my passion for this car.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it’s all dealer cars being built at the moment and no customer cars yet?

Did anyone give more insights on supply chain issues, parts shortages, building out of sequence or attempts to ramp up build rates?

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Was the Nimbus/Red you saw BlackPak or not. Im thinking red will pop more without BP since its only 2 colors to contrast against. I think adding the BP is just one too many elements to look at. What did you think?

Stelvio

Reaction score

This is the second post I’ve read about a factory tour and both have mentioned Nimbus standing out.

I’ve been back and forth on Nimbus vs Magma but I’m settled…Nimbus/red with black pack and red calipers it is. Now do I go gloss black or diamond cut 🤔

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it’s all dealer cars being built at the moment and no customer cars yet?

Did anyone give more insights on supply chain issues, parts shortages, building out of sequence or attempts to ramp up build rates?
Our guide mentioned that some early build customer cars were on the line, but no specifics. They are trying to ramp up production but I don’t think they are at the 17 mins yet. Supply chain issues as we know are wide spread, it seems china lockdowns are not helping them.. no info on out of sequence… I did see 2 cars that looked ready for transport.

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was the Nimbus/Red you saw BlackPak or not. Im thinking red will pop more without BP since its only 2 colors to contrast against. I think adding the BP is just one too many elements to look at. What did you think?
It did have black pack…. Didn’t look too much. Nimbus pops less under a cloudy sky, but in sunlight and the factory lights….

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the second post I’ve read about a factory tour and both have mentioned Nimbus standing out.

I’ve been back and forth on Nimbus vs Magma but I’m settled…Nimbus/red with black pack and red calipers it is. Now do I go gloss black or diamond cut 🤔
Got to be black…. 😁

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you please share some more details about the KEF power upgrade for production?

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you please share some more details about the KEF power upgrade for production?
They only said that the power output was being increased… no other info…

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I saw a lot of Emiras yesterday…. Not once did I think the car looks anything other than stunning
Did you see an Emira in Hethel yellow without upper black pack? So, basically your spec? Would be interesting to know as I have pretty much the same spec as you have... :)

OP
Speedluvver

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did you see an Emira in Hethel yellow without upper black pack? So, basically your spec? Would be interesting to know as I have pretty much the same spec as you have... :)
I did :) there were a couple around as well as quite a few more with the black pack - I saw them parked next to each other. I personally don't like the black pack from the back and rear 3/4 of the car. The all yellow looked great to my eyes...

I did waver when I saw Nimbus under the factory lights, but when I saw both outside when it was a bit cloudy - that confirmed yellow to me

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Black wheels! That would be my alternate spec (nimbus, BP, red interior).

Blue97

Reaction score
I saw Yellow with no Black pack. Personally I think it looks far more exciting with upper and lower Black pack. Maybe just re paint the mirrors Yellow.

Attachments

• 980DD3B4-EEC2-4837-BF7F-9B8344FF7D3B.png
    980DD3B4-EEC2-4837-BF7F-9B8344FF7D3B.png
    332.3 KB · Views: 113